University of Texas of the Permian Basin

University of Texas of the Permian Basin Employee Reviews

Good student/faculty mix
Composition Instructor (Current Employee), Odessa, TXNovember 19, 2014
A good University if you are looking for a smaller school to attend or work, which has its ups and downs. Its a small community, so everyone is rather tight knit, yet it does seem to lack and be unorganized in some areas. Overall, its a good University to work for, especially if you are gaining experience as there is a lot of support from fellow faculty.
Great Job with Great Benefits
Senior Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Odessa, TXSeptember 29, 2014
As an employee of UTPB and particularly the John Ben Shepperd Public Leadership Institute, I have had the opportunity to meet and work with many prominent people in the Midland/Odessa community. I have enjoyed traveling across Texas, making work connections, and enriching the lives of young adults. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to teach leadership to middle and high school aged students and see them work together to complete projects.

I've enjoyed working with a team who strives to get the best out of every experience.
I liked helping people
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Odessa, TexasSeptember 5, 2014
I liked helping people achieve their goals, mentoring them and celebrating in their successes.
Good Academic Experience
Graduate/Research Assistant (Former Employee), Odessa, TXAugust 7, 2013
Working with highly qualified academicians is relevant and life changing experience.
Has prepared me well for the job market
Dean's Assistant (Current Employee), Odessa, TXApril 10, 2013
Currently work as a student worker in the College of Business and Engineering for the Dean. He's a man with much experience, knowledge, and connections. My experience from working here has been an educational one and one that I value greatly!
Fast Pace Office
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Odessa, TXMarch 24, 2013
Pros: having a week off during the christmas season
Cons: getting paid once a month
I like working with students and helping them get into college. My typical day at work is admitting at least 20 to 40 students per day. The hardest part of my job is having to reject a student admission into the university.
Team Builder
Student Worker (Former Employee), Odessa, TXDecember 8, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Team building skills
Fairs
Computer skills

I learned alot of things that I use in everyday life while working as a student work.
A small town university with big town aspirations.
Chemistry Research Assistant (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJune 26, 2012
Pros: lots of free events on campus.
UTPB is in a relatively small town (100k people) but the school has great faculty and the school really has big town aspirations with a new Engineering program and a new nursing school in the works.