University of Texas of the Permian Basin Employee Reviews

I thoroughly enjoyed the campus grounds and the students, just not upper management.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 12, 2016
I enjoyed the university campus and the students, upper management bullied students and I didn't want any part in that.
A place where you can always learn and grow as a professional
Assistant Coach Men's Soccer (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 20, 2016
The past two years as an assistant coach has help me learn more about coaching in the sport of soccer professionally. I have developed the skills to successfully complete administrative duties. I now possess the knowledge of the NCAA II guidelines and rules. I have also developed a network with the schools athletic department. The work environment is very productive and the co-workers are very supportive of each other. The hardest part was sorting out the first team since we had so much talent. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with the athletes everyday, I enjoy working with and developing the students.
Pros
Travel, meeting people, enjoying soccer
Cons
wage, health care
Great Job with Great Benefits
Senior Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 29, 2014
As an employee of UTPB and particularly the John Ben Shepperd Public Leadership Institute, I have had the opportunity to meet and work with many prominent people in the Midland/Odessa community. I have enjoyed traveling across Texas, making work connections, and enriching the lives of young adults. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to teach leadership to middle and high school aged students and see them work together to complete projects.

I've enjoyed working with a team who strives to get the best out of every experience.
Supportive and productive organizational culture.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 7, 2015
Employee empowerment, responsibility, and accountability were practiced. Employees needs, ideas, and desires were valued. I enjoyed being able to personally assist students and prospective students in their academic journey.
Good student/faculty mix
Composition Instructor (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 19, 2014
A good University if you are looking for a smaller school to attend or work, which has its ups and downs. Its a small community, so everyone is rather tight knit, yet it does seem to lack and be unorganized in some areas. Overall, its a good University to work for, especially if you are gaining experience as there is a lot of support from fellow faculty.
Fast Pace Office
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 24, 2013
I like working with students and helping them get into college. My typical day at work is admitting at least 20 to 40 students per day. The hardest part of my job is having to reject a student admission into the university.
Pros
having a week off during the christmas season
Cons
getting paid once a month
Has prepared me well for the job market
Dean's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 10, 2013
Currently work as a student worker in the College of Business and Engineering for the Dean. He's a man with much experience, knowledge, and connections. My experience from working here has been an educational one and one that I value greatly!
A small town university with big town aspirations.
Chemistry Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 26, 2012
UTPB is in a relatively small town (100k people) but the school has great faculty and the school really has big town aspirations with a new Engineering program and a new nursing school in the works.
Pros
lots of free events on campus.
Great work/life balance
Assistant Registrar (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 28, 2015
Great place to work, especially all the Holiday time off. I learned a lot mainly learning to manage an office.I loved getting to take on new responsibilities.
Good Academic Experience
Graduate/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 7, 2013
Working with highly qualified academicians is relevant and life changing experience.
I liked helping people
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TexasSeptember 5, 2014
I liked helping people achieve their goals, mentoring them and celebrating in their successes.
Team Builder
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 8, 2012
Team building skills
Fairs
Computer skills

I learned alot of things that I use in everyday life while working as a student work.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a