University of Toledo Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fast paced and fun
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 6, 2017
Working in this hospital is extremely fast paced and filled with employees who are willing to teach and help you better yourself as an individual employee.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 30, 2017
Management does not engage well with its employees. Not much room for advancement. Continually cutting jobs and very political. Sick and vacation days are good compliment.
Pros
Vacation and Sick Days
very educational place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 15, 2017
have worked here 20+ years and find it complicated by the union. there is a lot of un desirable behaviors that are allowed because of loop holes in management , behaviors.
Pros
great location
Cons
policies loopholes
Fun place to work
Student Technician (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 5, 2017
I started working at the University of Toledo Medical Center right when I started college. I stayed because of my coworkers and the positive work environment. Great work experiences and very friendly staff. My bosses were very understanding and helped accommodate my school schedule with my work schedule. This relieved so much stress in my life especially during the end of my schooling. Could not have picked a better place to work throughout college!
I love working here!!
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 25, 2017
very good place to work and learn!! workers are knowledgeable about their job and they get along with each other very well. big hospital with variety of experiences and field.
A lot of pulls, but enjoy my coworkers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 10, 2017
In summary, a lot of staffing needs that cause a high amount of pulls resulting in inconsistent work environments and lack of working on the actual unit that I was hired on. Love my coworkers and the floor I work on. I just hate getting pulled and not working on my own unit 50% of the time.
Overall great place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 13, 2017
great teamwork, great DON. The acuity level was challenging and fast paced. We adapted well to ever changing dynamics throughout the day. Staff were respectful toward patients and other staff.
needs lots of improvement -- large turn around
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 5, 2017
not happy there, very unorganized and unwilling to update software on equipment. also wont take responsibility for work related injurys with documentation, and fabricated stories to terminate employment.
Pros
Cons
no breaks most days, forced to stay over alot because of short staffing issues that they were aware of in advance.
Fair place to work
Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 29, 2016
Different than any other place you may work, the hospital is constantly moving and so are you. It's a fast paced environment that keeps you on your toes and leaves little room for slacking off.
Great place to Learn Health care
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 21, 2016
Started off years ago as a great place to work but many changes have occurred and the Management/Politics unpredictable. You do not know who to trust.
Pros
many resources
Ut medical Center is a very intersting and educational place to work
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 12, 2015
I worked 18 years in the Medical Records department in the file room, filing patient records and loose attachments. Retrieved records for clinic, emergency room, and hospital visits. Answer 4 line phones taking requests for records.

I advanced to the record completion area assisting in chart analysis for signatures, entering into computer and deleting after doctors completed their signatures, filed charts and retrieved for signatures, assisted in suspension process.

I transferred to the Emergency Room as a registration specialist. I registered patients for emergency room visits. I entered insurance information and took copays. I would help patients to wheelchairs when needed. I have excellent public experience, courtesy to all.

My last year I worked in the call center where I answered 4 line phone calls for clinic appointments. I would take pertinent information and insurance information for all patients.
Pros
fast paced and great people to work with
Cons
management really didn't care
Great co-workers, good job security
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 30, 2015
Days were very routine, great place to work with excellent job security, benefits and compensation. Enjoyed most the variety of people I came into contact with everyday, patients, peers and co-workers.
Telephone Operator
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 11, 2015
Answer all incoming calls that come through the main switch board.
Make overhead announcements when traumas are coming in.
Exciting academic environment
Healthcare Laboratory IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 28, 2015
What I find most exciting is the recent organization restructuring. New administration is receptive to hearing the voice of both the customer and staff.
New president is motivated to see the medical academics grow.
The most enjoyable part of my job is learning IT roles in both academic and hospital environment.
Co-workers are friendly but not very customer service oriented.
Management is now more approachable and receptive to ideas.
Hardest part of job is access to needed resources. The new administration is working to turn this around.
Hospital and office setting
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 18, 2015
This was my first very important job. Working with surgeons, nurses and other secretaries was very much an honor. Watching students become residents and residents become doctors was also an exciting part to witness. However, getting to know our patients and helping make a difference in their lives was the greatest blessing about my job.
Great Medical learning facility!
Internship Biomedical Engineering Department (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 5, 2015
While at UTMC I was an intern. Great place for learning and patient care! The staff at this hospital truly care for the patients. I recommend this hospital as a learning and treatment facility.
Employees are nice.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 25, 2015
I believe the managers here lack education on how to handle the diversity of employees.
All around great place to work. I enjoy the people and patients we see on a regular basis.
The drive is a bit far for myself that is why I am looking outside this
area.
Productive work environment
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toledo,OhioMarch 9, 2015
Cases start at 7:30am.
Productive work environment.
Friendly staff members.
Work as a team.
Management is productive and always willing to lend a hand as needed.
At UTMC team work is essential
Health Data Analyst Support (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 28, 2015
As a healthcare center, working in UTMC required patience, teamwork and supportive to others view and culture. In HIM department it is very important to have co-ordination with clinical and billing department.
Profiently well organized for a Medical Campus.
Clinic Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 11, 2015
I enjoyed the atmosphere I worked in very much. It was very busy and fast paced. This is where I did my externship and continued with employment. I worked in the renal department and it was sad to see the people being treated for kidney transplants or just being treated for kidney problems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Toledo Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2