University of Toledo Medical Center

University of Toledo Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Employees are nice.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 25, 2015
I believe the managers here lack education on how to handle the diversity of employees.
All around great place to work. I enjoy the people and patients we see on a regular basis.
The drive is a bit far for myself that is why I am looking outside this
area.
Productive work environment
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Toledo,OhioMarch 9, 2015
Cases start at 7:30am.
Productive work environment.
Friendly staff members.
Work as a team.
Management is productive and always willing to lend a hand as needed.
At UTMC team work is essential
Health Data Analyst Support (Intern) (Former Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 28, 2015
As a healthcare center, working in UTMC required patience, teamwork and supportive to others view and culture. In HIM department it is very important to have co-ordination with clinical and billing department.
Profiently well organized for a Medical Campus.
Clinic Office Assistant (Former Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 11, 2015
I enjoyed the atmosphere I worked in very much. It was very busy and fast paced. This is where I did my externship and continued with employment. I worked in the renal department and it was sad to see the people being treated for kidney transplants or just being treated for kidney problems.
different experience everyday
ED Registration Specialist (Current Employee), Emergency DepartmentFebruary 7, 2015
A very busy and fast paced job with alot of ups and downs. Like in any job you have to maintain a professional manner no matter what the situation is.The hardest part of my job is when there is a patient that comes in who did not make it through whatever accident or health problem they may have had. The most enjoyable part of my job is a happy patient walking out and feeling better.
UTMC is a good place to work
BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Toledo, OHOctober 20, 2014
Always interesting, always learning something new in the ever changing world of medical billing. Worked with great co-workers and managers.
na
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Toledo, OHAugust 15, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
great place of employment with great benefits. friendly employees
great envioment to learn respiratory
Clinical education (Former Employee), Toledo, OHAugust 6, 2014
I always looked forward to going clinical rotations at UTMC
Great place to start your career
RN (Current Employee), Cardiac StepdownJune 23, 2014
Great place to work. The management is always willing to go out of their way to help staff
Horrible work enviroment
IT (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJune 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: worst politics and work enviroment i have ever experienced.
This place needs leadership. The current leadership lacks vision, professionalism and has no clue about how to get people to work together. Each area is almost like it's own nation and all of them are at war constantly with each other. Finger pointing, and phrases like "we've always done it this way" or "it's not my responsibility" run rampant
Normal graduate assistantship
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMay 8, 2014
Pros: enhancing multi-tasking abilities/outside-the-box thinking
Cons: limited budget, understaffed
A typical day starts with class in the morning, followed by research and thesis work during the late morning/early afternoons, then working at Rogers High School as the head athletic trainer for the afternoon/evening during sporting events/practices. The most difficult part of the job is having to cover multiple events simultaneously by myself. I also supervise an undergraduate athletic training student every semester so sometimes it gets difficult to supervise and also work at the same time.
University Hospital
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 7, 2014
I have so many conflicting feelings about this hospital. This job could be very overwhelming at times and I often felt that I was being pulled in 10 different directions. I understand that cuts have when we could not find anyone to help us with a turn, when transport took upwards of 4 hours, and when a patient wants to talk to a social worker or minister and they aren't available because hours were cut.

But, after everything, I really appreciate the experience. I got to work with a great group of people and learned a lot in this setting. I feel that, for the most part, the nurses I worked with enjoyed their work, worked well together, and enjoyed having and teaching students.
Great Benefits
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Toledo OhioMarch 3, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
I enjoyed performing my job very much
I worked 10 hour shifts and was on call a great deal during my time here
I learned a lot from the day to day activities and became very well rounded in what I can accomplish
Clerical/ customer service
Medical Assistant/Clerical (Former Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: poor management, inconsist work practices
Our dept. had issue with upper management and inconsist with hospital policies and practices.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: can be a great place to work
Cons: to far from home
• Assisting Physician with Procedures
• Giving Shots
• Preparing patient for appointments
• Prior Authorizations for Procedures and Medications
• Submitting E-scripts and calling in prescriptions
• Working together as a team in clinic surroundings
• Checking patients in and out of the clinic
• Using Electrical Medical Records
• Ordering Test, Procedures, Referrals, and consults for the
patient
• Drafting letters and preparing paperwork for the referrals and
consults
Registered nurse on medical surgical/ step (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 6, 2014
UTMC was my first and only job as a nurse. I could not see myself working anywhere else. The staff and patients are great!!!
UTMC
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Toledo, OHNovember 1, 2013
Typical day as a PCA on a trauma step down unit, is extremely demanding of time, and effort. I answer call lights, give baths, blood sugar checks, change linens for about 25-30 patients. Sit on 1:1 and watch patients to make sure they do not hurt themselves or someone else. My duties used to include vitals as well but have recently become the RNs duty.Things I have learned while working here for the past 2 years is to slow down sometimes, have patience, it takes a team in this profession to get the job done, breathe and ask for help if your feeling overwhelmed, its all about the patient their wellbeing and safety so customer service is a large part of my position. Management has recently changed for the better on this floor, he uses a more democratic approach and is always keeping us updated. My co-workers are amazing, like anywhere I feel some pull their weight more than others but overall we have a exceptional group. The hardest part of my job is that I can not be 50 places at once. The most enjoyable is being able to make someone laugh, smile, or feel accomplished at some of their most vulnerable moments.
Educational Place of Employment
Technical Typist (Current Employee), Toledo, OHSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: free lunch/dinner
Cons: short staffed
I enjoy working with the patients, families, and coworkers. Everyday is a different challenge and I love a challenge.
Fieldwork Student
Occupational Therapy Assistant Fieldwork Student (Former Employee), Toledo, OHSeptember 10, 2013
I completed two months of fieldwork at the University of Toledo Medical Center. I worked in their hand therapy department where I was certified in ultrasound. I worked with an excellent group of therapist in this facility, and I acquired a great deal of knowledge and hands on experience.
great benefits pay is low
Facilities and Const (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 11, 2013
You will have barely enough time to do your job because this place is hopping.

University of Toledo Medical Center Salaries