The Clinical Reporting Analyst is responsible for providing analytical support to the University of Toledo Physicians, LLC related to our Electronic Health Record and other business and clinical applications. The Analyst will generate reports to support government, research and other reporting requirements, as well as to monitor the data quality and integrity across various application functional components. The Analyst role provides accessibility to clinical reporting that will be used to drive both patient outcomes and data quality.
Specific Duties will include:
1. Work with the Director of Analytics and Information Systems and report requestors to evaluate their requests, clarifying the request and uniqueness of data, sometimes offering alternative solutions which may not be an automated report. Identify problematic data areas and conduct research to determine options for resolution.
2. Perform thorough testing of report functionality.
3. Maintain an accurate inventory of requested reports and report modification.
4. Import data into database and use tools to create integrated data models by translating functional requirements into reporting objects.
5. Obtain and extract data from existing internal and external data sources.
6. Analyze and resolve issues with integration and management of data.
7. Identify analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex datasets.
8. Perform basic statistical analysis for reports and projects.
9. Develop reports, graphs, and presentations of project results including dashboards.
10. In collaboration with others, develop and implement data collection strategies for optimal data quality and develop and maintain databases and systems needed for department functions and projects.
11. Recommend improvements on the current reporting systems including tools, services, protocols and standards that will either streamline the work effort or improve data quality and integrity.
15. Communicate reporting changes, enhancements and modification verbally and in written documentation to Management so that issues and solutions are understood.
16. Provide issue resolution management, communicating with appropriate staff, or vendor to resolve issues. Tests, documents and implements recommended solutions. For High-impact or complex issues, escalate appropriately.
17. Participates in review and testing of upgrades of each system used for reporting and performs gap analysis for changes to current reports as well as test and validate the upgraded system and reports.
Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of professional experience programming and developing queries and custom reports.
Cognos, SQLServer, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, SAS, SPSS or other statistical package for analyzing large datasets required
Procificiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel required
Experience with healthcare preferred
Experience with McKesson Horizon Ambulatory Care (electronic health record) a big plus.
Expertise in data mining required.
Ability to present complex information in an understandable way
Technical expertise regarding database modeling and design required