University of Toledo Employee Reviews

Good work place
Grants Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 4, 2016
UT has many benefits and perks for employees. You and your dependent children get reduced and/or free college education. Health benefits are great.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Hard to get promoted
great place
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 28, 2016
Very good place to work. They offer very Good Benefits package and salaries are competetive. Very good environment for a job.
A sound working environment, honest and trustworthy management
research assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 24, 2016
A nice working atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, benefits are however less but I actually satisfied as a part time employee in the University. The hardest part is to find out the innovative techniques to move forward in the research but I enjoyed when I fix the problem and get the desired problem.
Great place, fun, and good history
Boys & Girls Club of Toledo (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 21, 2015
Opportunity of a life time. I enjoy my experience and I made the most of it with the year I've spend there. I made long life friends and I also had the chance to meet important people who was involved on campus and in the classrooms.
Lot of programme's and course structure was good
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 13, 2015
The research and courses were excellent . Professors are experienced and skilled in teaching and are willing to help the students irrespective of time and week of the day.
Productive and motivating
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 6, 2015
A typical day at work includes cleaning, managing, sorting and analyzing huge databases for State Agency Project inaddition to website maintenance. Utilising tools to help small and medium sized industries to become energy efficient as a part of another State energy project is what we do in our lab as a team. My invidual project is on Climate Change and Public Transit Buses. My job as a Graduate Assistant have enabled me to learn various tools and methods to handle database and its security. It has taught me to be patient and even more hard working, efficient multi-tasker and punctual.

The hardest part would be to adjust the time I dedicate to the different projects each passing day and every hour. Also, keeping up with the fast pacedness of the demands of the job and coming up with innovative ideas to efficiently work on the databases.

The most enjoyable part is the amount of knowledge that can be gathered everyday from the trials to perform various operations accurately. Being able to take a break over a cup of coffee is something that makes me happy too.
Pros
Knowledgeable
Cons
Time management
A Good Studnet Job
Recycling Technician (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 26, 2015
Good for a college student looking to make a little money on the side and still be able to maintain a high scholastic standard.
Work-Study
OMSS Undergrad Assist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 3, 2015
Relaxing enviroment. Keeps you on campus earning money while completing school work. OMSS is a fun office always hosting events and having fun. Nice nice people.
Pros
Work while study
Cons
Little pay
Alot of fun.
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 30, 2015
This was the biggest job I have ever had. We cooked for huge numbers at banquets and sporting events. I had a great team. There is nothing we could not do.
A great university to study the sciences
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 23, 2015
Many great professors and faculty members that make the university a great place to work and learn. The physics department is filled with many great material scientist and theoretical physicists.

Want to know more about University of Toledo?

Ask a question
Nice entry level position. Schedule is flexible.
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Rocket Hall 1610July 22, 2015
A typical day involves interaction with students/clients of a variety of ages/racial backgrounds. I learned how to deal with a diverse population which included many language and cultural barriers.

Position also requires the ability to work independently; often switching from one task to another at a moments notice.

This office is small with just 2 attorneys and 2 paralegals. This makes for a very intimate environment.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
low pay
Enriching experience and endless oppourtinies
Box-Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 15, 2015
Customer service based work with general office experience gained.
Learned to manage cast and crew before the start of the production.
The most enjoyable thing about this job is the productions and seeing the actors/actresses give dynamic performance.
Pros
Comp tickets
Cons
Difficulties with some productions
Live where you work
Office of Residence Life (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 6, 2015
Great geographic location in the city of Toledo, awesome work environment, great staff, tremendous areas for advancement at the institution.
Decent work environment
Electronic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OhJune 11, 2015
Work pace is constant for the most part but the start of a new semester brings a lot of work to do in a short time period. Can be slow to enact change on certain aspects of procedures and slow to enact new technology.
Pros
Affordable education for employees and dependents
Cons
Can be slow to enact change.
good working environment
Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 5, 2015
Is a good university, has sound working environment, excellent laboratory facility, very good interdisciplinary program, well trained and experienced professors, family like environment.
The field of education is not always an easy one to work in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 27, 2015
My career with the university was not one I would like to enter into again. The typical day dealt with students who had no regard for senior authority and felt they had the right to expect everyone employed by the university to drop what they were doing to assist them.
Great Reserach opportunies
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 26, 2015
This University provided an excellent engineering research opportunities along with highly qualified Professors. In addition to this it assisted students in generating part time working opportunities in the campus itself.
Professor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 22, 2015
very un organized. I went over a month without pay. my supervisor left the week I started and I never seen her again. I was giving directions by another work study student who barely know what she was talking about.
productive, and friendly environment
Team member, Tele-Team (Former Employee) –  Toledo, ohioMay 11, 2015
part time job monday through thursday
helped prospective students with the transition and questions with coming to the university.
amazing co-workers management was decent.
Pros
worked later in the day, with occasional free pizza
Cons
poor management and few hours
Encouraging atmosphere for students
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 16, 2015
As a graduate teaching and research assistant I balanced teaching duties while conducting my own independent master's thesis research.

4.4