University of Toledo

University of Toledo Employee Reviews

good working environment
Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJune 5, 2015
Is a good university, has sound working environment, excellent laboratory facility, very good interdisciplinary program, well trained and experienced professors, family like environment.
The field of education is not always an easy one to work in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 27, 2015
My career with the university was not one I would like to enter into again. The typical day dealt with students who had no regard for senior authority and felt they had the right to expect everyone employed by the university to drop what they were doing to assist them.
Great Reserach opportunies
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMay 26, 2015
This University provided an excellent engineering research opportunities along with highly qualified Professors. In addition to this it assisted students in generating part time working opportunities in the campus itself.
Professor's Assistant (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 22, 2015
very un organized. I went over a month without pay. my supervisor left the week I started and I never seen her again. I was giving directions by another work study student who barely know what she was talking about.
productive, and friendly environment
Team member, Tele-Team (Former Employee), Toledo, ohioMay 11, 2015
Pros: worked later in the day, with occasional free pizza
Cons: poor management and few hours
part time job monday through thursday
helped prospective students with the transition and questions with coming to the university.
amazing co-workers management was decent.
Encouraging atmosphere for students
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Toledo, OHApril 16, 2015
As a graduate teaching and research assistant I balanced teaching duties while conducting my own independent master's thesis research.
Great place to learn as a student facing the adult working life
Undergraduate Research Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Toledo, CMApril 8, 2015
I have developed my technical skills doing researching on a lab surrounded by Professors and PhD students that helped me being more competitive and faster learner.
Also working at The REC Center helped me with the social and communication skills facing the public all the time.
It was a good learning each day
Clinical Observer, Nezam Altorok MD (Former Employee), toledoApril 5, 2015
It was a good learning each day. These were student rotations and not exactly paid jobs.
I have worked as a sales associate in different companies to take care of my expenses
Nice academic environment. Great working with students.
Secretary I/Student Supervisor& Trainer (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 26, 2015
I held several different positions. Initially hired as Medical Transcriptionist and Assistant to the Psychiatrist at the Student Medical Center. I coordinated the psychiatrist's calendar and transcribed patient notes. I also did the billing for the pharmacy department and helped the front desk when they needed it. I completed several workshops in the Excellent Customer Service Program which I received certificates for.
In the College of Education I helped interview and hire student workers, prepared their payroll documents, time sheets and other necessary work related documents as necessary. I trained the student workers in customer service, filing, scanning, computer program and other related office duties. I was the first point of contact and provided customer service in person and by phone inquiry. I managed the appointment schedules for six Student Advisors.
Nice place to work
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 18, 2015
I prepare my menu items for the day and then I serve them to the students that attend school there. I get along with all my managers very well. And the job is fairly easy I love it.
Nice place to learn
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Toledo,ohioMarch 11, 2015
People are very friendly and helpful.

Hardest part is sometimes it becomes hectic but most of the days its fun to learn.

Management is very understanding.
Great Workplace
Auxiliary Services Administration (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 11, 2015
The University of Toledo has a great work environment that strives on the successes of their employees! I have learned how to be professional and efficient in all the work I do for the University.
Great Student Employment
Operations Crew (Former Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Was the perfect student employment. Adequate pay, plenty of hours, while being extremely flexible around my schedule. Was able to work from 40 hours to no hours in a week based on what my student needs were. Only available to students, but its perfect for them.
productive
Research Assistant (Current Employee), toledoFebruary 19, 2015
I learn a lot during my research assistant job. Working with a well-known professor in Aerospace major and NASA Glenn projects help me to gain a good knowledge in Fluid Mechanics field, programming and UNIX platform.
Job Review
Technical Typist (Former Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: hours
Communicated with patients verifying information for upcoming appointments. Handled incoming an outgoing calls. Entered information into computer system.
Instructor in labs
Lab Assistant University (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 23, 2015
taught graduate students in cadaver lab and therapy skills lab
Productive and fun place to work
Clinical Research Assistant (CRA) (Former Employee), Maumee, ToledoJanuary 23, 2015
I really enjoyed working at University of Toledo. It was a great learning experience.
Everyone is professional and pleasant to work with.
Student Clerical Assistant/Records Coordinator (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day at work would involve sorting information according to content, purpose, user criteria or chronological, alphabetical or numerical.

I've learned to demonstrate flexibility by adapting to changes in priorities and the work environment.

Management demonstrates appreciation; thanks others for their assistance, and is courteous and acknowledges the contributions of others. They're also respectful of the feelings of others

Co workers usually work in an open manner, shares information with others to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job is that the work can sometimes the same and not much room for advancement.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that the other employees create a positive work environment.
Difficult to get research done
Research Professor (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: good benefit
Cons: job culture
The university culture overall is fine -- however, the department culture of my department was not good. Because of the limited resource, many workers are most interested on their own survival than helping each other to grow as a department. The school is one of the second tier schools, and is difficult to get much research done. There are some good students, but also many students lacking motivation and/or knowledge.
Productive Customer Service and flexibility
Student Building Manager (Former Employee), Toledo, OHDecember 3, 2014
Conducting campus wide tours

Highlighting University benefits and accomplishments to aid and encourage prospective Students to enroll

Assistant in clerical work and check-in processes

1 2 3