University of Toledo Employee Reviews in United States

Stress free work environment
College Computing/IT help desk (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 30, 2016
Getting to help people solve their computer related issues and having flexible hours while attending college made this a great job.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
Learned to communicate with the students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 11, 2016
I learned a lot and also enjoyed what I did as a Teaching Assistant at the University of Toledo.
1.Conducted Mechanics of Materials and Vibration Labs for mechanical engineering juniors
2.Graded assignments and exam papers for Mechanical Design I & II
3.Conducted workshops for seniors on Solidworks and COMSOL in solving mechanics and heat transfer problems
4.Graded Advanced Engineering Mathematics 1 homework and exam papers
Will miss it
GRADUATE ASSISTANT, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 8, 2016
Great place to work. Really cares about their employees. Compensation could be a little better. Overall rating is good
Wonderful academic environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 1, 2016
University of Toledo is my first exposure to a research university and this was my first job as a teaching assistant. Overall, I received a very friendly and productive work environment which is perfect for academic advancement.
Excellent Institution of leraning
Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 29, 2016
I attended this institution where I obtained both Master degree and Doctoral degree in medicinal chemistry. Published a number of papers, obtained U.S Patents, synthesized 85 novel compounds. Attended regional, national and international conferences
Pros
Excellent learning experience
Excellent
Undergraduate Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 9, 2016
We usually go out on a field work most of the days for completing different projects and saving data in a computer at the end of the day.I learned about being most successful for handling job alone sometime and I also learned about time management and team work spirit. My co-workers are really helpful and interactive with each members. I don't think there was any hardest part of job rather it was doable and enjoyable. So, most enjoyable part of the job is travelling, enjoying warm weather and interacting with clients.
Pros
Free food sometime, easy project sometime
Cons
Not enough salary, other benefits are great
Good work place
Grants Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 4, 2016
UT has many benefits and perks for employees. You and your dependent children get reduced and/or free college education. Health benefits are great.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Hard to get promoted
great place
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 28, 2016
Very good place to work. They offer very Good Benefits package and salaries are competetive. Very good environment for a job.
A sound working environment, honest and trustworthy management
research assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 24, 2016
A nice working atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, benefits are however less but I actually satisfied as a part time employee in the University. The hardest part is to find out the innovative techniques to move forward in the research but I enjoyed when I fix the problem and get the desired problem.
Great place, fun, and good history
Boys & Girls Club of Toledo (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 21, 2015
Opportunity of a life time. I enjoy my experience and I made the most of it with the year I've spend there. I made long life friends and I also had the chance to meet important people who was involved on campus and in the classrooms.
Lot of programme's and course structure was good
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 13, 2015
The research and courses were excellent . Professors are experienced and skilled in teaching and are willing to help the students irrespective of time and week of the day.
Productive and motivating
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 6, 2015
A typical day at work includes cleaning, managing, sorting and analyzing huge databases for State Agency Project inaddition to website maintenance. Utilising tools to help small and medium sized industries to become energy efficient as a part of another State energy project is what we do in our lab as a team. My invidual project is on Climate Change and Public Transit Buses. My job as a Graduate Assistant have enabled me to learn various tools and methods to handle database and its security. It has taught me to be patient and even more hard working, efficient multi-tasker and punctual.

The hardest part would be to adjust the time I dedicate to the different projects each passing day and every hour. Also, keeping up with the fast pacedness of the demands of the job and coming up with innovative ideas to efficiently work on the databases.

The most enjoyable part is the amount of knowledge that can be gathered everyday from the trials to perform various operations accurately. Being able to take a break over a cup of coffee is something that makes me happy too.
Pros
Knowledgeable
Cons
Time management
A Good Studnet Job
Recycling Technician (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 26, 2015
Good for a college student looking to make a little money on the side and still be able to maintain a high scholastic standard.
Work-Study
OMSS Undergrad Assist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 3, 2015
Relaxing enviroment. Keeps you on campus earning money while completing school work. OMSS is a fun office always hosting events and having fun. Nice nice people.
Pros
Work while study
Cons
Little pay
Alot of fun.
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 30, 2015
This was the biggest job I have ever had. We cooked for huge numbers at banquets and sporting events. I had a great team. There is nothing we could not do.
A great university to study the sciences
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 23, 2015
Many great professors and faculty members that make the university a great place to work and learn. The physics department is filled with many great material scientist and theoretical physicists.
Nice entry level position. Schedule is flexible.
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Rocket Hall 1610July 22, 2015
A typical day involves interaction with students/clients of a variety of ages/racial backgrounds. I learned how to deal with a diverse population which included many language and cultural barriers.

Position also requires the ability to work independently; often switching from one task to another at a moments notice.

This office is small with just 2 attorneys and 2 paralegals. This makes for a very intimate environment.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
low pay
Enriching experience and endless oppourtinies
Box-Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 15, 2015
Customer service based work with general office experience gained.
Learned to manage cast and crew before the start of the production.
The most enjoyable thing about this job is the productions and seeing the actors/actresses give dynamic performance.
Pros
Comp tickets
Cons
Difficulties with some productions
Live where you work
Office of Residence Life (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 6, 2015
Great geographic location in the city of Toledo, awesome work environment, great staff, tremendous areas for advancement at the institution.
Decent work environment
Electronic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OhJune 11, 2015
Work pace is constant for the most part but the start of a new semester brings a lot of work to do in a short time period. Can be slow to enact change on certain aspects of procedures and slow to enact new technology.
Pros
Affordable education for employees and dependents
Cons
Can be slow to enact change.

4.4