University of Toledo Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
Graduate Assistantship (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 17, 2017
If you apply yourself and are aligned with the appropriate mentorship, the experiences provided through work were rewarding and educational.
I am a student
Student (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 7, 2017
The University is diverse and flexible. The education provided seems forced and disjointed from the labor market, and students may find that they are in need of better management of expectations, yet this may be no different than any other public undergraduate program.
Circulation desk job
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 25, 2017
Very nice place to work at
friendly environment
flexible timings
pleasant study environment

I am a student worker at law library so it was fun working with books
Student
Student caller (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 4, 2017
I love the university because of how small it is. the class and campus is intimate so everyone's knows everyone and the professors know you and how to help every student as individuals.
Pros
the small campus
Cons
the living area
independent and comfortable workplace
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 22, 2016
Teach a wide variety of courses and served in various administrative posts
Provide customized research and consulting services as a program leader responsible for all technical and administrative aspects of planning and implementing the projects
Great
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJDecember 15, 2016
I loved working there during my undergraduate. Everyone was nice. Although the pay wasn't much for work study students it helped out a lot.
Provides great working environment
Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  central toledoDecember 10, 2016
Co-workers are very friendly and support each other. Close to break rooms and local restaurants for lunch. Campus maintains safe parking area.
Pros
Birthday lunches, parking, health benefits
Cons
flex shift opportunity; but still doable
Good overall
Volunteer research work (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 20, 2016
Had the opportunity to work independently with some supervision and helpful suggestions.

Was given the assignment to research independently and then discuss at the end of the research time with my supervisor.

I learnt about academic research and how to apply it to the project. This allowed me to provide accurate and additional information related to the research topic.

First discussed topics and ideas with supervisor. Looked over relevant points. Discussed next step of research. Set up deadline and next meeting. Discussed references for research and also exchanged research contacts.

Hardest part of the job was scheduling research time for each project. But learnt about time management. Enjoyed the discussions that improved task requirements overall.

Amicable and assistant friendly. Able to work independently as well as an assistant to the supervisor.
Summer Team Leader
Student Assistant to Director of Gr6unds (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 15, 2016
I really can't remember much of this job. I just know that it was very hot during the Summer I worked and walking back and forth across campus.I got a lot of excessive in and the kids were great.
Learnt many softwares and research helped a lot.
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 27, 2016
University of Toledo taught me how to work with co-workers and how to manage a team when you lead a project. I loved to learn ArcGIS software which I used to design my thesis.
Good place to work in.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 10, 2016
I am a Ph.D. student in the Department of Biology in the University of Toledo. I worked as a research assistant. The professors here are very helpful. We also have most facilities available here to do almost any experiments we want. The department has seminars on every Monday and Friday. The annual "symposim day" or "research day" is also very good practice to enhance the engagement of research and encourage students to explore more opportunities.
School
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 6, 2016
I loved my Undergraduate experience here, made lots of friends and connections while working on campus as well for most of my time there. Good school work life balance
Solid environment for students looking to make spending money.
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 30, 2016
The people Ive worked under are great. They make the grunt work bearable and there is always a good story to be share while working. The schedule is flexible depending on the students class load. Definitely rated 4 stars at least.
Work Study Position
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 24, 2016
This was a work Study opportunity. I was working with individuals who left college and came back after 5 plus years. This gave me an experience with working with schedule planning and Microsoft office.
Fun, Informative and lively workplace
IT O&I Lab Support (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 18, 2016
Fun and lively
I learned a lot regarding networks, people skills, communication skills, servers and management.
The management is always ready to help and are liberal and treat us with respect, never abusing our trust and effort.
Co-workers are nice to each other and help each other when we face a difficult situation that we cant solve alone.
Hardest part of the job is when I try to do something but am unable to do it, but we overcome them together, everyone as a team.
The most enjoyable part is when I learn new things that were difficult to solve but after being taught by my supervisor and co-workers, can solve them with ease.
Pros
fun, friendly, informative and ethical work environment, coffee machine and fridge
Cons
The room was small and the pay was a less are just little inconveniences but not big complaints
good place with silent environment
E text accommodation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 8, 2016
Good people around with lot of fun activities.
Lot of things can be learnt in this department with vast amount of etext materials from various majors.
The service offered to the clients was very good and accurate.
The University of Toledo was a great University to get my degree.
Student (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 3, 2016
I received my Bachelor Degree at the University of Toledo. I was able to go to school and work at the same time. Prior to this degree, I attended Owens Community College and received an Associate Degree in Office Administration.
Learning step into the business world
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 22, 2016
Did many fillings for the University. Slow paced facility. Part time job. No room for advancement. Worked alone, would have liked to get more involved with the every day operations.
Friendly environment
Athletic Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 28, 2016
Good place to work with nice and friendly people who are willing to help you when you need it. The only down side is that you don't get many hours as a student employee.
Continuing education and great learning environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OhioMay 21, 2016
It was a nice place to learn and continue my education. They were very helpful when it came to hands on participation. They were more concerned with your learning experience than increasing their own demographic standings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Toledo. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4