University of Toronto

University of Toronto Employer Reviews

Good job
Programmer / Researcher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: research environment
Cons: office location
Worked for a lab in the Biology department for a few months. Taught myself skills and created programming tools.
GOOD EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY PROFESSORS.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2013
Pros: learned total process from start to finish
Cons: having to defend hypothesis, procedures & findings in front of a committee.
2 Educational based studies to determine how to improve learning motivation in kids. Full involuement & responsibility to initate a scientific hypothesis, to determine a proposed explanation for a phenomenon based on the scientific method. Then to conduct & finish research. Have prepared the completed study for presentation at Annual Conference for – more... Research in education. – less
Great place to learn
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2013
It is a great institution with numerous interdisciplinary departments
It is a great place for research and learning
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2013
Everyday I get to take on a new challenge in concrete materials research.
fun place to be in
Research Team Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2013
I learned a lot from my school, i met great people and got good results
Great learning place
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: collaboration with other peers.
As a graduate student, I had an awesome opportunity to work as a research assistant and I enjoyed every minute of it!
The professors were great and very supportive. I worked for 8-9 months for my research in addition to my course work and I had a fantastic time!
Great Learning Experience
Research Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2012
This demanding and educational job provided a great foundation from which to base further study or a career.
Great place to work, not so great place to advance
Research Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2012
The institution is highly regarded, however, internal opportunities are hard to come by especially if you're at the bottom of the ladder.
strict and free
RA and TA (Former Employee), Toronto ON CanadaFebruary 26, 2012
Pros: free internet
Cons: healthcare
this place is full of strict professors. they require us to reach superior level. every day we have a lot of homework to do. we stay long night until 4 o'clock. But I enjoy this. this place is full of free thinking. We can speak, write and think freely. We are invited to have a big potenial.
right on the TTC line
cashier (Former Employee), at st. GeorgeFebruary 13, 2012
Pros: work as a team flex hour when needed
Cons: learned how to cook differint meals
working for the university was very educational you worked all different location when need so you met a lot of different people you made friends of all ages you made a lot of different meal that you could use at home that were healthy for your family and it didn't matter what age you were you were treated as equal.
Productive, multi-tasking workplace
Research Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2011
The work was focused on advancing MRI techniques for studying and monitoring two of the most devastating neurological disorders: stroke and intracranial neoplasm. I was participating in different projects on different roles, working closely with clinical, technical, research, and administrative stuff.
A great learning experience
Biomedical Engineer - Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 12, 2014
Pros: freedom to express originality and creativity
Cons: some materials would take too long to reach the workplace
The day would start with a meeting with the fellow laboratory partners. Everyone would discuss about the challenges that they are facing in their research. Ideas will be suggested and critically analysed. Owing to the diverse scientific background, it was always great to see the different ways different scientist would approach some problems. After – more... the meeting, I would proceed to my workplace and start developing different surfaces for cell culture. A single culture surface would take days or sometimes weeks to manufacture. Time management was essential to achieve a good yield.

The hardest part of the job was to be helpless while waiting for an equipment to be repaired. The best part of the job was to see the great results when an implemented idea works beautifully. As part of the job, I have developed new skills in microfabrication, cell culture and microscopy. – less
Great University
Postdoctoral (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2014
Great research environment and lots of modern instrument. Convenient for life in downtown area by walk and happy traffic at on-and-off work time
Young student life all around you
Laboratory Manager &Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 21, 2014
Pros: campus and student activities keeps you fresh and young
Feel inspired by your peers working on exciting projects
Collaborations with graduate students is an enriching experience
Great but very difficult university
Graduate Student, Researcher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 20, 2014
U of T is one of the best universities in Toronto. Staff is mostly friendly and helpful. Tuition is quite expensive though especially for foreigner students.
Great on the job learning and mentoring others
Teaching Assistant Accounting (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2014
Pros: communication with professors
During office hours, I assisted students in understanding the accounting material by providing various methods of solving problems. I effectively graded assignments and exams within the allotted time proving for great time management. I learned how to approach a variety of students with different learning style and change my method of teaching to suit – more... them, My coworkers were very respectable and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was to see the students struggle but it made it more enjoyable when I helped them understand the material. – less
Fast Pace working environment
Student Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2014
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: stressful
The internship was short but it required someone with a lot of attention with details.

Though it was a fast pace working environment it was also very rewarding with the skills and knowledge being passed down from my superiors.
Nice school
Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 4, 2014
It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.
Fun place to work while in school
Women's Centre Office Attendant (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 29, 2014
i like that schedules were very flexible. good people. learned a lot about different resources available for students, especially those for women.
Challenging and rewarding learning opportunity
Stage Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2014
Pros: teamwork opportunities and rewarding experiences
Cons: long hours and often unfair pay rates
Working as a stage manager for the Leigha Lee Browne Theatre at the University of Toronto - Scarborough Campus, I worked frequently between and after my classes there. I learned how to manage a variety of different goals and expectations from a number of sources while still maintaining my own integrity and values. I expanded and grew upon my skills – more... in managing a large team of over 20 peers working in the production. Part of my job was often to act as a medium between upper-level employees in leadership positions and actors in less artistically decisive positions. The hardest part of this work was to organize a multitude of schedules in a way that worked collectively for the entire group. I would say the most enjoyable part of this work was growing as a team that worked to pursue the same goals for themselves and each other. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Toronto

The University of Toronto (U of T, UToronto, or simply Toronto) is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, situated – Read more