University of Utah Health Care

University of Utah Health Care Employee Reviews

Manager ITS Integrations & Web Development (Former Employee) –  salt lake city, utDecember 30, 2016
UUHC is a great place to work with benefits that are not found in other organizations. Good insurance, healthcare, savings and retirement programs.
The U moves a little slower than big corporate companies. This is part of the culture, but they are trying to change that.
The IT teams are undergoing a mass change to raise the level of standards. As well, IT is being integrated with the UofU IT staff. This has been attempted repeatedly before without success. They are better scaled for success now.
Be ready to justify your position! This is part of the changing culture.
Pros
State job, Flexible time, You are there to save lives!, Teams and staff are great
Cons
Changing direction, nepotism, justification of your job, long term people stay so advancement can be tough to find
Pass if you have other options
Med Assistant (Former Employee) –  All their clinicsDecember 28, 2016
Unstructured work environment. Horrible management that makes things up as they go along and is poor at planning ahead. I've heard good things about the benefits, but my second job had better benefits and used them instead. Doesn't pay comparable to other companies in the same job.
Strong culture
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 1, 2016
It can get a little bit cliquey. Overall it needs some updating regarding wages. Good atmosphere and manager. Strong culture among staff. Being new is a bit like hazing,
Pros
works with school
Cons
No guaranteed lunch break
Only if you really feel it is for you
Outpatient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 14, 2016
Maybe it was just me but I had the WORST experience working at the University of Utah Health Care.. My manager was downright awful, fired me for my anxiety, and when I tried to report it to HR they did nothing for me. They kept picking apart my story and basically just said sorry, there isn't anything we can do for you. If you're not willing to be there, smile every second of the day, have a hard time in health care settings i.e., clinics, receptionist jobs, or anywhere that a medical emergency can happen, then this job is NOT for you. If you are going into the medical field, perfect, if not.. better have tough skin and a back bone.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Management, HR
Productive and a very innovative work environment
Marketing Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 15, 2016
Productive and a very innovative work environment. The vision
is committed to be a health care partner distinguished by collaboration, excellence, leadership and respect.
Ever Evolving
Internal Auditor for Accreditation (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 12, 2016
UUHC is state of the art and ever evolving. It is a fast passed, patient driven hospital with exceptional staff. I work closely with many departments and many staff members. They work in a fluid method to create the culture where people want to work.
training program
trainee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 8, 2016
Before i started my work with them i had volunteered in Pittsburgh ,magee women hospital to learn skills regarding chromosome analysis and that help me a lot as a full time trainee learn a lot of skill in reading blood and bone marrow chromosome analysis and i was one of the top in terms of high productivity and accountability
i was happy there but because my dad got colon cancer i had to move back to east coast to be close to my dad thats why i resigned
Great Co-workers
EMT (Current Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentDecember 2, 2015
Exciting place of employment. Great co-workers with supportive management. Cohesive teamwork in all situations. Fantastic learning opportunities.
Results driven environment, opportunity to work independently
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 18, 2015
A typical day within this organization would be to eliminate any outstanding trouble reports upon arriving at work and then focusing on preventative maintenance during any free time that one may have.
Pros
Great benefits, independent work environment
Cons
A lot of management is close to retirement
Do not work in primary care at south Jordan
Ma (Current Employee) –  South JordanOctober 6, 2015
Micro management... Medical assistant advanced are young and have no idea what they are doing. Passed over seasoned ma's because its who you know. You will never get any responsibility other than rooming patient and doing paperwork. Atmosphere is truly toxic.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay, 30 min lunch breaks for 10 shifts micro management and pettinesses among staff and providers
Great Workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City UtahSeptember 9, 2015
Management and Co-workers are all great and helpful. Its a great environment to work for students. There are so many opportunities to learn and to and improve your skills.
Excellent Team Practice
PA-C Family Medicine/ Urgent Care (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 13, 2015
I have loved every minute of working for UUHC. Excellent team practice. Great autonomy. Valued by colleagues and leadership.
Great workplace
Pulmonary Blood Gas Tech (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with a great multi-disciplinary medical team in order to take the best care of inpatients as possible. I enjoyed working in the ICU, ED, and on the floor.
Best Place to Work in Utah
6 yrs experience Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 21, 2015
To date, U of U Healthcare is my best employer in regard with culture, service delivery, benefits, employee relations etc.
Pros
College Football, Campus Store, Working environment, Management, Continuing education, Benefits
Cons
Hectic at times
Productive Fun Workplace with Great Team
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 18, 2015
I enjoy very much working with my team and creating a pleasant environment for our patients. I know the University of Utah is dedicated to providing exceptional patient experience, and I am proud to be a part of their organization.
Pros
Great team, schedule flexibility, fun environment
Cons
Not much opportunity for learning/advancing skills
Great place, Great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2015
Great benefits
Lots of flexibility with family

Lots of politics among management
Money is more important than staff happiness
Not the best
Long Term Monitoring EEG Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahMay 12, 2015
I felt like the management didn't keep check on the employees. This lead to a lot of miscommunication and an unprofessional environment. There were no set breaks, I would just work 8 hours straight. That was okay for some reason to them. I would get the worst migraines from nonstop work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
unprofessional
Great learning enviorment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 8, 2015
Great place to work, top of the line orthopedic surgeon and non operative doctors. A lot of opportunity to learn about common injuries and post operative care.
Pros
bonuses, discounted lunches
Cons
busy clinics
Fulfilling work for patients with special needs
Office Supervisor/ Clinical Support, Social Work (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2015
Worked with Social worker identifying resources for homeless, uninsured and special needs patients. Getting supplies such as clothed , shoes, medication, and community resources. Worked with very angry and mentally ill patients. Finding it great to help people with such obstacles in their lives.
Pros
Challenging and and easy to work with peers and management
Cons
Occasional angry and mean people to work with
Great place to work for professional health care providers.
Clinical Exercise Specialist Intern (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 21, 2014
I love working for this company. I have learned so much from my internship. I love the staff that I work with and they are very helpful. Everyone is friendly and knowledgeable of their job. This is a great place to work.
Pros
Great staff and work environment.
Cons
Can be a high pressure job and work environment at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Utah Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2