University of Utah Health Care Employee Reviews in United States

Results driven environment, opportunity to work independently
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 18, 2015
A typical day within this organization would be to eliminate any outstanding trouble reports upon arriving at work and then focusing on preventative maintenance during any free time that one may have.
Pros
Great benefits, independent work environment
Cons
A lot of management is close to retirement
Do not work in primary care at south Jordan
Ma (Current Employee) –  South JordanOctober 6, 2015
Micro management... Medical assistant advanced are young and have no idea what they are doing. Passed over seasoned ma's because its who you know. You will never get any responsibility other than rooming patient and doing paperwork. Atmosphere is truly toxic.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay, 30 min lunch breaks for 10 shifts micro management and pettinesses among staff and providers
Best Place to Work in Utah
6 yrs experience Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 21, 2015
To date, U of U Healthcare is my best employer in regard with culture, service delivery, benefits, employee relations etc.
Pros
College Football, Campus Store, Working environment, Management, Continuing education, Benefits
Cons
Hectic at times
Great place, Great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2015
Great benefits
Lots of flexibility with family

Lots of politics among management
Money is more important than staff happiness
training program
trainee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 8, 2016
Before i started my work with them i had volunteered in Pittsburgh ,magee women hospital to learn skills regarding chromosome analysis and that help me a lot as a full time trainee learn a lot of skill in reading blood and bone marrow chromosome analysis and i was one of the top in terms of high productivity and accountability
i was happy there but because my dad got colon cancer i had to move back to east coast to be close to my dad thats why i resigned
World Renowned Hospital with great compensation plans
Account Reconciliation (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 26, 2014
University of Utah Health Care is a World Renowned hospital always striving to make a difference for their patients as well as their employees. Their compensation plan for employees is unheard of by most. I have learned that being part of a corporation that invests in you and provides you with the tools you need will help you advance as well as them. Win win.
I had the most amazing co-workers whom also shared the same love for the job. The positive upbeat workplace was a pleasure. The hardest part of this job would have to be visiting units and seeing the life threatening illnesses inflicting patients. It reminded me everyday the importance of all the hospital jobs.
Pros
benefits, positive work atmoshphere, flexible hours
Cons
long commute
Great Co-workers
EMT (Current Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentDecember 2, 2015
Exciting place of employment. Great co-workers with supportive management. Cohesive teamwork in all situations. Fantastic learning opportunities.
Noble Purpose
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 3, 2012
The combination of medical research, education and community support is a noble purpose that feels good to be part of.
Co-workers are professional and personable; a nice combination.
Being involved in marketing is fun since that is what my BS degree will be in soon.
The hardest part is the commute... 1 hr at the end of the day is not fun.
The best part is dealing with legislators and organizations that are trying to make a difference in our community.
Pros
14.2% matching 401k and great medical insurance benefits.
Cons
lengthy commute.
good benefits
Outpatient Services Specialist/Process Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 18, 2013
promotions/bonuses are tough to attain. Generally a good place to work with decent work culture. really good health benefits. 401k, etc. pay is average for the area.
benefits
Cons
mudane
Great Workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City UtahSeptember 9, 2015
Management and Co-workers are all great and helpful. Its a great environment to work for students. There are so many opportunities to learn and to and improve your skills.

Want to know more about University of Utah Health Care?

Ask a question
Clinical Support (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTNovember 21, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of fielding phone calls from clinic patients and transcribing clear and concise messages for the clinic physicians and staff. The atmosphere was professional and everyone was treated fairly and with respect.
Pros
nice health benefits
Cons
compensation
Good work environment
Executive Secretary/Family Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 28, 2014
I've learned many skills at the Utah Lions Eye Bank and have had the opportunity to be involved in various activities related to the University.
Pros
health and retirement benefits
Cons
low pay
An organization with multiple areas for continuation of learning
Solid Organ Transplant, Liver Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 10, 2013
A great organization with wonderful benefits and great people. Each area of service has hard job opportunities but the most enjoyable are the patients.
Great People
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 30, 2014
Loved working with the people. Benefits were not all that great.
Fulfilling work for patients with special needs
Office Supervisor/ Clinical Support, Social Work (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2015
Worked with Social worker identifying resources for homeless, uninsured and special needs patients. Getting supplies such as clothed , shoes, medication, and community resources. Worked with very angry and mentally ill patients. Finding it great to help people with such obstacles in their lives.
Pros
Challenging and and easy to work with peers and management
Cons
Occasional angry and mean people to work with
Productive Fun Workplace with Great Team
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 18, 2015
I enjoy very much working with my team and creating a pleasant environment for our patients. I know the University of Utah is dedicated to providing exceptional patient experience, and I am proud to be a part of their organization.
Pros
Great team, schedule flexibility, fun environment
Cons
Not much opportunity for learning/advancing skills
Not the best
Long Term Monitoring EEG Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahMay 12, 2015
I felt like the management didn't keep check on the employees. This lead to a lot of miscommunication and an unprofessional environment. There were no set breaks, I would just work 8 hours straight. That was okay for some reason to them. I would get the worst migraines from nonstop work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
unprofessional
Excellent Team Practice
PA-C Family Medicine/ Urgent Care (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 13, 2015
I have loved every minute of working for UUHC. Excellent team practice. Great autonomy. Valued by colleagues and leadership.
Great workplace
Pulmonary Blood Gas Tech (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with a great multi-disciplinary medical team in order to take the best care of inpatients as possible. I enjoyed working in the ICU, ED, and on the floor.
Great learning enviorment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 8, 2015
Great place to work, top of the line orthopedic surgeon and non operative doctors. A lot of opportunity to learn about common injuries and post operative care.
Pros
bonuses, discounted lunches
Cons
busy clinics

4.3