University of Utah Health Care Employee Reviews

Great place, Great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2015
Great benefits
Lots of flexibility with family

Lots of politics among management
Money is more important than staff happiness
Not the best
Long Term Monitoring EEG Technician (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahMay 12, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: unprofessional
I felt like the management didn't keep check on the employees. This lead to a lot of miscommunication and an unprofessional environment. There were no set breaks, I would just work 8 hours straight. That was okay for some reason to them. I would get the worst migraines from nonstop work.
Fulfilling work for patients with special needs
Office Supervisor/ Clinical Support, Social Work (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2015
Pros: Challenging and and easy to work with peers and management
Cons: Occasional angry and mean people to work with
Worked with Social worker identifying resources for homeless, uninsured and special needs patients. Getting supplies such as clothed , shoes, medication, and community resources. Worked with very angry and mentally ill patients. Finding it great to help people with such obstacles in their lives.
Great place to work for professional health care providers.
Clinical Exercise Specialist Intern (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great staff and work environment.
Cons: can be a high pressure job and work environment at times.
I love working for this company. I have learned so much from my internship. I love the staff that I work with and they are very helpful. Everyone is friendly and knowledgeable of their job. This is a great place to work.
Good work environment
Executive Secretary/Family Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 28, 2014
Pros: health and retirement benefits
Cons: low pay
I've learned many skills at the Utah Lions Eye Bank and have had the opportunity to be involved in various activities related to the University.
UUHC
eLearning Developer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2014
Great place to work. Big projects, Big challenges, Big mission, Big goals, Big impact.
Below Average
Technologist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: excellent clinical staff
Cons: poorly managed
Given the size of the the University of Utah Healthcare system it is impossible to comment on entire organization. However, in my experience, I have found it to be extremely wasteful, with ethics that are borderline criminal.
World Renowned Hospital with great compensation plans
Account Reconciliation (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: benefits, positive work atmoshphere, flexible hours
Cons: long commute
University of Utah Health Care is a World Renowned hospital always striving to make a difference for their patients as well as their employees. Their compensation plan for employees is unheard of by most. I have learned that being part of a corporation that invests in you and provides you with the tools you need will help you advance as well as them. Win win.
I had the most amazing co-workers whom also shared the same love for the job. The positive upbeat workplace was a pleasure. The hardest part of this job would have to be visiting units and seeing the life threatening illnesses inflicting patients. It reminded me everyday the importance of all the hospital jobs.
Great Senior Leadership
Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 6, 2013
Senior Leadership is committed to the success of the organization and are always open to employee ideas. I've really enjoyed working here and think it sis an excellent place to work.
Patient focused sleep center with multi-disciplinary team
Manager, Sleep (Former Employee), Salt Lake City UtahAugust 20, 2013
Pros: academic based health care system
State of the art technology used to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients with sleep disorders.
An organization with multiple areas for continuation of learning
Solid Organ Transplant, Liver Coordinator (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 10, 2013
A great organization with wonderful benefits and great people. Each area of service has hard job opportunities but the most enjoyable are the patients.
Best Boss ever
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake, UTOctober 1, 2012
I loved everything about this job and would go back if I was in Utah again!
Noble Purpose
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 3, 2012
Pros: 14.2% matching 401k and great medical insurance benefits.
Cons: lengthy commute.
The combination of medical research, education and community support is a noble purpose that feels good to be part of.
Co-workers are professional and personable; a nice combination.
Being involved in marketing is fun since that is what my BS degree will be in soon.
The hardest part is the commute... 1 hr at the end of the day is not fun.
The best part is dealing with legislators and organizations that are trying to make a difference in our community.

January 20, 2013

Why not give a review about this job so that you would actually be helping someone not just pat yourself on the back about your own job and how great you are.