University of Utah Health Care

University of Utah Health Care Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 5, 2014
A typical day at work would be to check my emails, create my task list, follow up on the items that needed to be followed up on, check the Director's & my calendars, opened the mail, delivered faxes throughout the day to the different departments, scheduled meetings, kept up the conference room schedule, prepared for staff meetings, created letters, spreadsheets, etc. as the directors and departments needed and so forth and so on. This was a very busy office and there was always something to do. There were a lot of employees to take care of and I was also in charge of certain department's payroll & HR matters.

I learned to really organize my priorities to make sure everything got done in a timely manner and done well.

The management and Directors were great to work with. They all had their needs and they were very nice in how they requested assistance, letters, meetings, or whatever was needed at that specific time.

The co-workers as a whole were great people and everyone got along pretty well with each other. I really enjoyed my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was to get things done when sometimes there was A LOT to get done and get it done effectively when 3 or 4 dept.'s needed it done immediately. But I always had a good attitude and knew I could get it done.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I reached my goals, achieved the necessary requirements and to see the appreciation of the departments and Directors as everything was handled and handled professionally.
Pros
free lunches every other week
World Renowned Hospital with great compensation plans
Account Reconciliation (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 26, 2014
University of Utah Health Care is a World Renowned hospital always striving to make a difference for their patients as well as their employees. Their compensation plan for employees is unheard of by most. I have learned that being part of a corporation that invests in you and provides you with the tools you need will help you advance as well as them. Win win.
I had the most amazing co-workers whom also shared the same love for the job. The positive upbeat workplace was a pleasure. The hardest part of this job would have to be visiting units and seeing the life threatening illnesses inflicting patients. It reminded me everyday the importance of all the hospital jobs.
Pros
benefits, positive work atmoshphere, flexible hours
Cons
long commute
Noble Purpose
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 3, 2012
The combination of medical research, education and community support is a noble purpose that feels good to be part of.
Co-workers are professional and personable; a nice combination.
Being involved in marketing is fun since that is what my BS degree will be in soon.
The hardest part is the commute... 1 hr at the end of the day is not fun.
The best part is dealing with legislators and organizations that are trying to make a difference in our community.
Pros
14.2% matching 401k and great medical insurance benefits.
Cons
lengthy commute.

Comment – January 20, 2013

Why not give a review about this job so that you would actually be helping someone not just pat yourself on the back about your own job and how great you are.

Fulfilling work for patients with special needs
Office Supervisor/ Clinical Support, Social Work (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2015
Worked with Social worker identifying resources for homeless, uninsured and special needs patients. Getting supplies such as clothed , shoes, medication, and community resources. Worked with very angry and mentally ill patients. Finding it great to help people with such obstacles in their lives.
Pros
Challenging and and easy to work with peers and management
Cons
Occasional angry and mean people to work with
Good Atmosphere, genuine people
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 11, 2013
I enjoyed my time in the Health Plans division, my on the job injury was unfortunate and came right after I started and made working very difficult. The management team was great to work for, and my co-workers were extremely knowledgable and helpful in learning techniques and new aspects of my job.
Pros
management and co-workers
Cons
the training program could have been better.
Learning experience in a fast paced setting.
Medical Assistant - Extern (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 8, 2013
My overall experience was good, I learned a lot while doing my externship. The patient flow was grueling on busy days. I learned a lot about the clinical side of my job, i.e. blood draws and injections. But I felt kind of set back on the office side i.e. prior authorizations, documentation.
Pros
lots of clinical experience and learning.
Cons
didn't get much office experience.
Do not work in primary care at south Jordan
Ma (Current Employee) –  South JordanOctober 6, 2015
Micro management... Medical assistant advanced are young and have no idea what they are doing. Passed over seasoned ma's because its who you know. You will never get any responsibility other than rooming patient and doing paperwork. Atmosphere is truly toxic.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay, 30 min lunch breaks for 10 shifts micro management and pettinesses among staff and providers
Great place to work for professional health care providers.
Clinical Exercise Specialist Intern (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 21, 2014
I love working for this company. I have learned so much from my internship. I love the staff that I work with and they are very helpful. Everyone is friendly and knowledgeable of their job. This is a great place to work.
Pros
great staff and work environment.
Cons
can be a high pressure job and work environment at times.
Productive Fun Workplace with Great Team
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 18, 2015
I enjoy very much working with my team and creating a pleasant environment for our patients. I know the University of Utah is dedicated to providing exceptional patient experience, and I am proud to be a part of their organization.
Pros
Great team, schedule flexibility, fun environment
Cons
Not much opportunity for learning/advancing skills
Results driven environment, opportunity to work independently
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 18, 2015
A typical day within this organization would be to eliminate any outstanding trouble reports upon arriving at work and then focusing on preventative maintenance during any free time that one may have.
Pros
Great benefits, independent work environment
Cons
A lot of management is close to retirement
Not the best
Long Term Monitoring EEG Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahMay 12, 2015
I felt like the management didn't keep check on the employees. This lead to a lot of miscommunication and an unprofessional environment. There were no set breaks, I would just work 8 hours straight. That was okay for some reason to them. I would get the worst migraines from nonstop work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
unprofessional
Clinical Support (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTNovember 21, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of fielding phone calls from clinic patients and transcribing clear and concise messages for the clinic physicians and staff. The atmosphere was professional and everyone was treated fairly and with respect.
Pros
nice health benefits
Cons
compensation
Best Place to Work in Utah
6 yrs experience Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 21, 2015
To date, U of U Healthcare is my best employer in regard with culture, service delivery, benefits, employee relations etc.
Pros
College Football, Campus Store, Working environment, Management, Continuing education, Benefits
Cons
Hectic at times
Below Average
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 5, 2014
Given the size of the the University of Utah Healthcare system it is impossible to comment on entire organization. However, in my experience, I have found it to be extremely wasteful, with ethics that are borderline criminal.
Pros
excellent clinical staff
Cons
poorly managed
An organization with multiple areas for continuation of learning
Solid Organ Transplant, Liver Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 10, 2013
A great organization with wonderful benefits and great people. Each area of service has hard job opportunities but the most enjoyable are the patients.
Good work environment
Executive Secretary/Family Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 28, 2014
I've learned many skills at the Utah Lions Eye Bank and have had the opportunity to be involved in various activities related to the University.
Pros
health and retirement benefits
Cons
low pay
Great co-workers, beautiful location!
Epic Inpatient Orders Team Lead - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2014
The past 15 months here at the University of Utah have been productive and very enjoyable. I love the people and the location. It's been the best Epic Project I've been on yet!
Great learning enviorment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 8, 2015
Great place to work, top of the line orthopedic surgeon and non operative doctors. A lot of opportunity to learn about common injuries and post operative care.
Pros
bonuses, discounted lunches
Cons
busy clinics
good benefits
Outpatient Services Specialist/Process Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 18, 2013
promotions/bonuses are tough to attain. Generally a good place to work with decent work culture. really good health benefits. 401k, etc. pay is average for the area.
benefits
Cons
mudane
Great Senior Leadership
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 6, 2013
Senior Leadership is committed to the success of the organization and are always open to employee ideas. I've really enjoyed working here and think it sis an excellent place to work.

4.4