University of Utah Healthcare

University of Utah Healthcare Employer Reviews

Great People
Executive Secretary (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 30, 2014
Loved working with the people. Benefits were not all that great.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches every other week
A typical day at work would be to check my emails, create my task list, follow up on the items that needed to be followed up on, check the Director's & my calendars, opened the mail, delivered faxes throughout the day to the different departments, scheduled meetings, kept up the conference room schedule, prepared for staff meetings, created letters, – more... spreadsheets, etc. as the directors and departments needed and so forth and so on. This was a very busy office and there was always something to do. There were a lot of employees to take care of and I was also in charge of certain department's payroll & HR matters.

I learned to really organize my priorities to make sure everything got done in a timely manner and done well.

The management and Directors were great to work with. They all had their needs and they were very nice in how they requested assistance, letters, meetings, or whatever was needed at that specific time.

The co-workers as a whole were great people and everyone got along pretty well with each other. I really enjoyed my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was to get things done when sometimes there was A LOT to get done and get it done effectively when 3 or 4 dept.'s needed it done immediately. But I always had a good attitude and knew I could get it done.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I reached my goals, achieved the necessary requirements and to see the appreciation of the departments and Directors as everything was handled and handled professionally. – less
boring
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 10, 2014
If you like research this is the place for you. It was a good gate for me to enter into the healthcare field. My position wasn't ideal, but a great organization.
Clinical Support (Former Employee), Midvale, UTNovember 21, 2013
Pros: nice health benefits
Cons: compensation
A typical day at work consisted of fielding phone calls from clinic patients and transcribing clear and concise messages for the clinic physicians and staff. The atmosphere was professional and everyone was treated fairly and with respect.
Good Atmosphere, genuine people
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: management and co-workers
Cons: the training program could have been better.
I enjoyed my time in the Health Plans division, my on the job injury was unfortunate and came right after I started and made working very difficult. The management team was great to work for, and my co-workers were extremely knowledgable and helpful in learning techniques and new aspects of my job.
Love everone who works there.
Health Care Assistant, Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 16, 2013
I love being a part of the University of Utah Healthcare team.
Learning experience in a fast paced setting.
Medical Assistant - Extern (Former Employee), Orem, UTMarch 8, 2013
Pros: lots of clinical experience and learning.
Cons: didn't get much office experience.
My overall experience was good, I learned a lot while doing my externship. The patient flow was grueling on busy days. I learned a lot about the clinical side of my job, i.e. blood draws and injections. But I felt kind of set back on the office side i.e. prior authorizations, documentation.
Great place and great benefits
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Medical Rehab Inpatient UnitSeptember 17, 2012
Love the U, co-workers are friendly and the management is great