Develop & support of custom web-based applications used by the University of Utah.
- Experience with MVC frameworks like Spring or JSF
- Experience with source control systems like SVN or CVS or Git
- Understanding of web services (REST or SOAP)
- XML and related technologies
- Experience documenting code and building unit tests
- Experience using Ant or Maven
- Experience with EJB 2 / 3
- Knowledge of principles used in Agile development
- Knowledge and experience at a large research university.
- Familiarity with implementing applications in a Unix/Oracle/Web environment.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN03221B
The Web Software Engineer for UIT’s University Support Services will provide a primary role in the development and support of custom web-based applications used by the University at large. Works closely with dynamic team web engineers, UI designers, and product managers with the goal of creating innovative and feature-rich applications for users in all areas on campus including: Students, Faculty/Researchers, Finance, HR, Payroll and others.
- Two to five years of experience that includes application or systems programming. A degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field may be used to offset experience.
- Demonstrate recent ability to code in one or more web programming or scripting languages with a focus on Java and Java EE.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design and programming and the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Fundamental understanding of relational database design including data normalization, ERD modeling and SQL.
- Ability to work in a team environment, learns new concepts quickly, and takes initiative to solve problems.
- Proficiency in UNIX and Windows environments along with basic desktop application suites.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with ordinary supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to succeed in a team environment with strong commitment to excellence in service.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND TO APPLY ONLINE, VISIT:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.