University of Utah Employee Reviews

Great learning environment with great people
UTI: itern (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 7, 2017
I learned a lot working with UIT. Great balance of hard work, community, and a fun learning environment. Sometimes work gets slow and there is not much to do, which I dislike because I enjoy staying busy throughout my entire workday.
Great University in great surroundings
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 4, 2017
A great place for research and outdoor activities. Not the best place if you are looking for a party school. Has some great view around the campus, great gym and library has enough place for studying.
Pros
Free lunches, Research funding is high
Cons
Lack of broad mindedness
Nice Place to Work
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 30, 2017
The department of chemistry at the University of Utah is a great place to work for a graduate student because the campus is basically in the mountains. Getting away and going for a hike is easily done on one's lunch break.
Fun work place with great people
TURF CREW (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 30, 2017
The University of Utah was a great place for me to work because it taught me how to work hard while managing my time. The culture was great, everyone got along, we worked as a team and we worked hard.
Pros
fun environment, great people, great culture, team work
Very easy and safe environment
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 28, 2017
Simple daily cleaning tasks to follow. Very friendly work environment. Had to work in science labs which was kinda scary cuz of all the chemicals we were around.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Working in science labs around chemicals
Great place with amazing benefits but no balance
Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 27, 2017
The U can be a great place if you have good leadership. Tough to have work/life balance and not a lot of room for advancement. The benefits are absolutely amazing and 50% off tuition can't be beat.
Benefits
Cons
No Work Life Balance
Enjoyable fun and good work experience during college
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 24, 2017
Day to day I assisted professors with equipment in classrooms and students with network and lap top issues.

Enjoyed this job during college and was great to build personal relationships with professors in the business department.
Pros
Fun, free printing was a bonus
Cons
N/A
Was great for experance and worked well with my class schedule
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2017
The university of Utah was great for experience and worked well with my class schedule. I was able to learn more about engineering here and that helped me moving forward.
Pros
Worked at school
Cons
no benefits
University of utah
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 19, 2017
Worked for a great team. It was fun working there. Great work/life balance. Compensation is good. The management is good. Great internship opportunities.
Maintenance Technicianll (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 17, 2017
The people were very nice and friendly. A good family like environment to work in. They offer great benefits. Also they had a lot of room to grow and advance your career .
Great company, can't beat the benefits
Medical Secretary/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 15, 2017
Great company to work for and they pay higher than many healthcare companies. Benefits are unheard of. Absolutely amazing. Employee appreciation could be a bit better but all in all a great company. Much more liberal than IHC.
Stable work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 13, 2017
Laid back atmosphere where dressing up is not a common occurrence. Pay is way less than corporate jobs but the benefits, including tuition reduction, are very good.
The hardest part of employment at the U of U is that the legislature votes on what your yearly increase should be. The average is 1% a year.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of raises or very little increase
Fairly Good, but with low pay.
University Tutor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 9, 2017
Management did fairly well; there were regular students, not much contact with other employees. But it was an all-right way to make a little extra money.
Pros
Nice Staff, relative freedom
Cons
Low Pay
Fantastic
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 8, 2017
University of Utah is a good place to work for. You will obtain the work and life balance there. Highly recommended. The coworkers are very friendly and helpful. Culture is fantastic.
Loved this job
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Custodial ServicesDecember 26, 2016
I worked the part time graveyard shift in the custodial services area.

Everyone you worked with was just amazing. Everyone is nice and the work is quiet and easy. The pay is nice too. It was literally the best job I've had in a long time.
Pros
Quiet environment, easy work, decent pay, perfect for a student
Cons
Repetitive work, can get boring
fine
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 22, 2016
this job i was always happy to be working at i loved going into work every day and getting to know the people i worked with were all so nice and happy to see me
Great learning environment
Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 5, 2016
Many opportunities to learn and grow as a person and as an employee. I would suggest more training for management and better orientation training for all employees.
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 21, 2016
The U is a good place to work. The campus is very public transportation friendly. However, for those who need to drive for various reasons, parking is tricky at best. More opportunities for remote work may be beneficial.
Pros
The campus is public transportation friendly
Cons
Parking is tricky at best
Print & Mail Services
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Print and Mail ServicesNovember 17, 2016
The University of Utah is a great place to work. The benefits are excellent. Print & Mail Services was a job where each day was totally different and highly stressful due to deadlines, I think the customer service team was the hardest working team of all. Being a manager was very rewarding and also very difficult in how many hours I put in. I learned a lot about people in the 18 years I worked for the U, whether it was clients or employees, The most enjoyable part of my job was building relationships with my clients,
Pros
benefits, people, community feel
Cons
worked hours
good place to work if you want job securitie.
Apprentice plumber/maintenance (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 29, 2016
line up in office for trouble reports and annoucements. then head out to find and fix reported problems. learned alot about H.R. relations in an ongoing medical area. learned how to speek to both patients and dmedical personal about problems and how to keep a situation from going bad. really enjoyed the benefits, and most of the people in hosp[ital. hardest part was dealing with the way management worked very judgemental.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Utah. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3