University of Utah

University of Utah United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Asst (Former Employee), dept. Medical InformaticsApril 18, 2015
Working with students is rewarding when they are motivated. There are a lot of highly educated and interesting people.
productive with good environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), 110 CENTRAL CAMPUS DR RM 2000April 17, 2015
It's good to work in this wonderful environment learning basic preliminary topics about transportation which is helping me to contribute in my area of interest.
Typical State run facility, cubicles, lots of paper, and hallways
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Salt Lake CityMarch 31, 2015
Pros: benefits, UTA Pass, Half off tuition
Cons: Pretty much everything in the department
Very poor on boarding process. No real training or employee development. All work is off the cuff type activities. No true defined role. Management doesn't respect each individual. The culture is very set in their ways, and many people are in retirement mode, yet they don't retire.

The most difficult part of this position is the people. Everyone is out for themselves and have no desire for employee development or advancement. The tasks are so back and forth that efficiency is lost.

Management belittles the employees and asks odd things of their employees. Promoting from within is not frequent. Pay is severely handicapped by the excuse of "great benefits".

Hardly any employee recognition. Communication is infrequent and the teams have a "I don't care, I'm a State Worker" attitude.
great place to work, good learning environment
Charge Nurse Surgical Unit (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 30, 2015
Pros: good team workers
Cons: night work
The UofU Hospital has probably been the best place I have worked. The staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome. I was a new RN and they were so willing to show me the ropes, to give me many opportunities to learn. I was given responsibility as a charge nurse quickly and I appreciated their confidence in me letting me do this position early in my time there. I learned much while I was there. Great to work in a university hospital
Job is very secure, but hard to advance and to be recognized.
Grant and Contract Officer/Accountant (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Job security, work-life balance
Cons: raises are awful, management forgets about employees
The UofU is great if you are working at a job for security and have no ambition to move up. Employees are forgotten by upper management. I had two one on one's with my boss in the 6 years that I had worked here. I am the type that goes above and beyond what I am supposed to do and was never recognized.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good environment, learn a lot, slow pace, management understand when thing done happen
This place is really good to work if you are a student because they are able to work with your schedule. This place is really good if you are doing research in certain subjects.
Good Learning Experience
GIS Intern (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 16, 2015
Was a GIS Intern. I learned alot in my time there. Very informative and allowed me to grow my knowledge of GIS. Typical day started with a quick meeting with the whole deparment, then off to work on our own projects. Lots of collaboration between projects which was nice
flexible schedule and fun job
ASUU Tutor (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 28, 2015
Cons: healthcare not provided
This is a really fun job. The students and I learn at the same time. I taught them the knowledge and eliminated their confusions.
Productive and fun
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 25, 2015
Get to interact with students. Provide feedback to instructor about the progress students are making. Grading helps me assess the strengths and weaknesses of the students
Great Place to work
Executive Secretary in the College of Social Work (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits, all holidays off
Cons: no room for advancement at staff level
I've been lucky to get amazing co-workers/director to work for. I love working with students. Easy to hit the ceiling working as staff, no where to advance to. Great place to work and go to school.
Centerville Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Centerville, UTFebruary 11, 2015
I love being able to work with the patients.

I enjoy the challenge of multitasking, between patient care and pharmacy management.

I learned many management skills such as cash management (billing and payments), inventory management (we changed the inventory control system twice), filing documents for PO numbers and prescriptions, disposing expired and recalled items.

I enjoyed problem solving and seeing that solution better the pharmacy, workflow, and overall patient care.
Good learning experience.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: flexiable hours. half tuition for university classes.
Cons: limited advancement opportunity.
Challenging work. Good learning environment. Enjoyed working with co-workers.
Productive,
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Salt Lake CityJanuary 9, 2015
Was a good place to gather knowledge and experience. Networking was also very easy to do, a fantastic chapter in my life.
I really loved being a clerk
Animal Support Technician (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: love the hours, m-f 8-4:30
Cons: didn't like working in animal research
I really enjoyed being a clerk and doing the paperwork and filing all the papers after they were done and corrected. Really enjoyed large variety of different things I was able to do, never got bored because I always kept busy. My supervisor said with in my first week working there, that I was considered management material.
Good benefit package
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: benefits, retirement, days off, insurance
Cons: location
Days off, retirement, health insurance are amazing. Management just depends on what department you work for (or so I've heard).
A reputed University
Laboratory Instructor (Former Employee), Salt Lake CityJanuary 4, 2015
University of Utah is a very reputed university. The quality of education and mentorship is outstanding.
Create grading rubrics and assess essay quizzes accordingly.
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: challenging occupation, diverse material, highly intelligent superior.
Cons: the intensity increased at the same time that the intensity increased in my other classes.
This responsibility entailed part-time work, the intensity of which increased at different times throughout the semester. If I were to work hard and grade quickly then I could have a great deal of time for my personal work or leisure.
At this job, I learned that grading essays is not easy! I became much more fluent in my critical-thinking skills as a result of this opportunity.
I am close with the Professor that I worked under; we have been friends ever since I had taken his class the semester before. He is a bright man with good intentions. I would enjoy working with him again.
The hardest part of the job was assessing quizzes with the goal of helping students learn the material. Many of the questions were worded oddly, so I often awarded credit on account of logical consistency and creativity rather than the the proposed rubric.
The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining more familiarity with the great scope of material that was covered the semester before in class.
Good atmosphere with employees
Warehouse-shipping-receiving (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 30, 2014
Pros: some relaxation time. good benefits
Cons: too much stress between. poor wages.
Good team work. Most are dedicated to their job. Commuting is difficult for me as it takes 1.5 hrs to get to work.
Fun place to work with great patrons and management.
Outpatient Services Specialist (Former Employee), Redwood, UTDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great work.
Cons: poor communication from management.
I enjoyed my work helping patrons with a variety of needs and sometimes speaking with them in the Spanish language. I enjoyed the variety of work: people, paper, computers, doctors, and phone calls.
fun place to work
Intramural Soccer Official (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 29, 2014
fun place to work cuz it is where i live. also i love to sew so it was a good place to work but didnt pay well

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Utah

Set in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountain Range, the University of Utah’s educational habitat provides breathtaking views – Read more

University of Utah Salaries