University of Utah Employee Reviews in United States

Just a job
Systems Operator HTW Plant, University (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 15, 2016
Worked in maintenance and it was definitely a job more than a career. Lots of middle management with a politically charged atmosphere for the workers. Loved the work and the University culture but from an employment standpoint it was a difficult work environment.
Pros
Good hours (7:30 - 4:00), great benefits, fun work, stable work
Cons
low pay, political work environment, low morale
Keeps you moving
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 26, 2016
This job has a lot to do. Lots of detail cleaning. Graveyard shift does not get shift differential. Definitely more than enough to do to keep you busy your whole shift.
changes in the University
Outpatient Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2016
There has been some changes in the University and the company is not as good as it use to be. almost all medical billing is being taken over and outsourced to India. Management is not the same as it once was.
Pros
great benifit is you work for school of med
Cons
job security isn't the same as it use to be.
Great School
Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 19, 2016
This is a great school and it is a great working environment. The supervisors that I have are awesome individuals. Always willing to help me out.
This is a great place to work!
Dialysis Technician- West Valley Dialysis Center (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84129June 17, 2016
West Valley Dialysis Center is a wonderful place to work. There is a real sense of teamship in the workplace. Everyone there is willing to help you. The work is challenging, but very rewarding. The only thing that I didn't prefer were the hours. They change every week and it is hard to manage your time outside of work.
Pros
Great Sense of Teamship! Good and Challenging
Cons
Rotating long hours
Overall a good experience
UIT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 10, 2016
The University of Utah was a great place to work out while I was their. The place was very professional and everyone seemed to enjoy their job and the work that they committed. It was a good place to start and gain some experience.
Pros
Good schedules and benefits
Cons
Pay and some times to laid back
Excellent place to work
Administrative Officer, Department of Pathology (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 31, 2016
The University of Utah is an excellent place to work. They provide Generous benefits and the pay is good. Nice people to work with and most everyone has your back.
Pros
Good work/home life balance
Cons
Traffic
Typical busser job
Busser (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 26, 2016
The co-workers were great and the job easy enough. Just walk around wiping tables down, restocking clean dishes, and any other small tasks given. The hardest part was boredom because it's all about mindlessly walking around cleaning.
Pros
Free lunch, good co-workers, flex-able schedules.
Cons
long periods of time on feet, boredom.
Student Jobs Are Great
Jr. Cyber Security Event Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 10, 2016
I've worked 2 different student jobs at University of Utah and enjoyed both thoroughly. My experience was with IT departments at University of Utah.
Loved to work at the U
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 29, 2016
I had a really good experience working for the University of Utah. The benefits and people are great. Depending on the department your work you will have flexible hours.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
It is very stressful in the budget cuts period
Easy job with no expectations and absurd time wasting
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 28, 2016
For the entire time I was working there, not one person checked up on my work. I was only given projects for about 10% of my time working there and had to find productive things to do that I wasn't asked to do.
Great Place Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2016
The University of Utah has a great diverse and energetic culture. And there is great energy for a workplace! In general there are great administrators, physicians, staff, and faculty that work here. It's great to be a part of it.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not enough parking.
Assisted surgeons during surgery
Surgical Technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 20, 2016
To maintain a sterile environment for patients. Have ready the correct instrumentation needed for the surgical procedure. Assist the surgeon by passing the instruments in the correct manor and staying within my scope of practice. My preceptors each gave me constructive comments to help become a better surgical technologist. The most enjoyable part about being a surgical technologist is having the opportunity to help better the lives of those who are having to go through surgery.
Pros
Long intervals between surgeries which provides many opportunities to use the restroom.
Cons
I felt there was too much time between cases. I like to keep going.
Good Company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 20, 2016
Excellent company. Great co workers. Fun perks. Enjoyed working with the clients on the phone and helping them out. A lot of pot lucks which are great to get to know co workers.
Creative environment with many fringe benefits
ARCHITECTURE SHOP SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 18, 2016
While this job was strictly a part-time position. It was a fantastic and creative environment with real time problem solving.
Fun and productive workplace
Manager, Accounting and Finance (Current Employee) –  Research ParkApril 17, 2016
Great company to work for but looking for growth opportunity. My supervisor is a great mentor and has taught me a lot about management.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
great staff to work with.
RN (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 12, 2016
The greatest part of my job was knowing that I was making a difference in the lives of others. I am a people person and I am a hard worker. I speak the Spanish Language fluently.
Pros
great staff . I liked the people I worked with
Cons
good educational programs available to staff.
I love every company I have ever worked for.
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Marriott LibraryApril 11, 2016
When working at the University of Utah I was a math tutor and I tutored for ASUU. I liked working for ASUU because I did not have to find the work I just had to show up and their was work. But I could have got paid more if I did privet tutoring. I tutored for ASUU at the Marriott Library drop in center. Students would just drop in any time during the time that I was there and I would tutor them. I tutored up to math 2280.
Pros
I love teaching math
Cons
When people write slow.
A productive and friendly enviroment to work.
Concession Stand Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 7, 2016
I enjoy working here. The training was very informitive and my co-wokers are very nice. I learned how to do inventory and how important it is to be clear when giving instructions.
Bureaucratic in nature
Software Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 31, 2016
Management can be bureaucratic in nature and moves very slow in making decisions. Local team was awesome and worked well with each other. Work life balance was excellent in my team environment.
Pros
Great health care
Cons
Vesting period is too long for retirement funds. Bureaucratic Management.

4.3