University of Vermont

University of Vermont Employer Reviews

Teaching Assistant/Research Assistant (Current Employee), Burlington, VTFebruary 10, 2014
Very nice place, very nice people, pure academic work,
Deal with undergraduate student
Best Job Ever
Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity (Former Employee), Burlington, VTDecember 29, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: food
Campus,culture, academics, music, and love.It was like great because I could go to school. work, I had a great boss and i really go to now people. How they lived, how they learned. I wish all my jobs could be like that...
It was OK
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Burlington, VTDecember 27, 2013
I enjoyed working on the project, but disliked how I was chained to a computer for months at a time.
Your typical academic environment.
Teaching Assistant / Researcher (Current Employee), Burlington, VTDecember 5, 2013
a typical day at work:
what you learned:
management: completely reasonable
your co-workers: Are fun
the hardest part of the job: Grading
the most enjoyable part of the job: Teaching
Excellent
Clinical Instructor-Maternal/Newborn (Current Employee), Burlington, VTNovember 19, 2013
Working at UVM as a clinical instructor for the undergraduate nursing program has been busy and fun!
Ecomachine Technician
Ecomachine Technician (Current Employee), Burlington, VTNovember 12, 2013
Pros: great learning experience, great networking experience
Cons: long hours, no pay
Worked along side a crew of 7.

Lab based work on water samples; biological oxygen demand tests, turbidity tests, suspended solids, total suspended solids, e. coli culture tests and conductivity.

Work with YSI probes reading nitrate, ammonium, pH, temperature and dissolved oxygen on site.

Learned a great deal about lab studies, research and basic – more... lab procedures. Gained immense knowledge on the working of the ecomachines system - this includes the construction of it, the functionality, the flux of nutrients and the processes that take place to cleanse wastewater. – less
depending on your title, excellent benefits
Postdoctoral Associate / Project Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, VTNovember 5, 2013
If you can get a title other than postdoc, the benefits and 403b matching is excellent here.
Good for teaching but wont pay well.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Burlington, VTOctober 30, 2013
I would work from about 6 int the morning to 10 a night for very low pay. The coworkers were very well versed and knowledgeable about the field but not very helpful.
Good workplace nice. Tennis courts
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Burlington, VTJuly 28, 2013
Pros: academic setting free classes
Cons: hard to please primary investigator
Worked in plant biology lab cloning plants and taking care of a lab. Also did immunohistochemistry and western blotting
Great people to work with.
Research Technician (Current Employee), Burlington, VTJune 26, 2013
The University of Vermont has a nice relaxed environment with many benefits including free classes. It is a great community with wonderful people to work for and with.
A healthy and productive work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Colchester, VTJune 4, 2013
It's been a joyful experience working as a research assistant at University of Vermont. I had access to all necessary resources to accomplish my research projects. The UVM campus is a friendly environment where you meet friends, colleagues and classmates.
Great Place to Work
Teacher’s Assistant (Former Employee), Burlington, VTMay 20, 2013
Pros: work with students and working with html and php code
I would hold 5 hours a week of office hours for students to come for help. If students could not make it to my office hours I would set up a time that works through email. I worked for an awesome professor that was also my teacher and it was great having long talks with him about projects and coding websites.
Intense and challenging, but enjoyable
Radiation Therapy Student (Former Employee), Burlington, VTMarch 15, 2013
3 semesters of clinical experience (including 1 semester full time internship)
Student
Athletic Marketing & Promotions Intern (Current Employee), Burlington, VTMarch 14, 2013
I was a student at the University of Vermont. I held numerous internship positions from Athletic and Marketing Intern to Assistant Event Planning intern.
Wonderful University; staff is incredible and invested in student advancement
Teaching Assistant/ student (Former Employee), Burlington, VTJanuary 9, 2013
The psychology, sociology, and anthropology departments are those which I have found to be unmatched in other institutions. There are many opportunities which become available to students through ongoing education there
Productive, Social LifeSkills Experience
Residential Advisor,Coordinator (Former Employee), Burlington, VTDecember 12, 2012
Pros: leadership skills
Worked at the front desk, assisting residents, visitors, checking in and out of packages and responding to phone calls.
Acted as a representative of the Division of Student & Campus Life and Department of Residential Life supporting the departmental mission as a Residential Advisor
The University
Research Associate (Current Employee), Burlington, VTSeptember 13, 2012
Its a University. They should pay you more to do your job. The benefits are awesome so it kind of makes up for the low pay bands.
Easy work
Cashier (Former Employee), Burlington, VTMay 9, 2012
Pros: work with students.
Cons: got laid off
A typical day at work was swiping cards for students and cleaning tables. I learned even more about customer service. Management was okay, yet sometimes intimidating. Co-workers were in other areas. The hardest part of the job was being laid off. The most enjoyable was the students.
Nice people and program
Graduate Research & Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Burlington, VTApril 17, 2012
People are nice. The course works are easy to pass. The courses are not broad enough to cover major areas in computer science.
Great workplace
Subject-Area Tutor (Current Employee), Burlington, NCMarch 18, 2012
University of Vermont is a great company to work for. It provides valuable experience and fair compensation.