University of Virginia Health System

University of Virginia Health System Employee Reviews

Do not, I repeat do not work here
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 31, 2017
This place is a joke. They lie to you in the interview just to get you on board and then its completely different. Management sucks. They have their favorites. They all lie and no one is aware of what's going on. Thy change your schedule last minute and expect you to work it. I went to HR about it and they cut my hours back because I reposted them.
Pros
Pay and job security
Cons
transportation to and from work and 30 minute lunches
Depends on the Department
Wellness Advocate (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 15, 2017
Your work atmosphere is highly reflected on how management presents the workplace culture. Thankfully, I have a manager who have the utmost respect and love for her team. This workplace culture was definitely inviting and a great transition from my previous workplace.
Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 4, 2017
It is a good place to work. I enjoy working here. I have made a lot of friends and I have learned a lot. I left once but I came back. I do not plan on leaving again.
Excellent training for those seeking chaplaincy training and eventual board certification
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 1, 2017
Wide range of pastoral experiences in 600+bed teaching hospital. Most difficult part of job is overnight 24-hour on call shifts, but also the place where the most is learned. Most enjoyable part: developing relationships with resident colleagues, group and self-initiated learning process with guidance of an experienced CPE supervisor who is a wonderful teacher.
Still learning as a consultant
Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 1, 2017
Still learning this place. I"m not sure why Indeed is requiring me to write a review, as I'm still new here and I only work in a consultant capacity..
UVA Health System
Supply Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 18, 2017
Overworked and underpaid and underappreciated are the only words needed. Management covers issues up that could be harmful to patients. Zero room to move up. I would not recommend this particular department to even my worst enemy!
Team work
Travelers, & Ophthalmology, Practice Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMarch 26, 2017
Supportive managers. Dedicated staff ensuring that patients received excellent care from start to finish of each and every appointment. Excellent learning opportunities.
Great Benefits
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMarch 6, 2017
The best part of working for UVA is the benefits. Management is poor. I have had the experience to work with great co workers. The hardest part of the job is feeling that you are always designated to be there even if the weather conditions are dangerous.
Great
Assistant Nurse Manager of Ambulatory UMA Clinic (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 23, 2017
Pay is great! Parking is an issue. Makes rapid changes in positions. Physician driven hospital. Great for research. Has great PTO package.
Life at uva
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 28, 2017
Fun place to work very nice people you will meet and where I work we have a good team and I enjoy coming to work I discharge and admit people , answer phone , filing and faxing . Management is okay the hardest thing is the turnover of the patients at time the most is enjoyable part of my is meeting people and helping people.
Joke
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 25, 2017
If you want to work at a place that has the laziest managers - get a job there. If you want to work at a place that promotes people who do terrible immoral things - get a job there. Place is a joke. Manager left at 3:30 on a day they KNEW night shift nurses were gonna have 9 patients a piece. Nice!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
5 Stars
Registered Nurse Clinician III, Short Stay Unit (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day at work is fast paced, requiring effective communication, collaboration, and skill. Advancing your nursing education is overwhelmingly supported by CNO. With timely notice, managers do what they can to offer flexibility with work schedules.
Coworkers are supportive. Work environment is healthy.

The hardest part of the job is actually waking up early to park your vehicle in order to get to the work site on time. Then needing to walk or be transported to the parking site after working 12 hr. shifts to go home.
Pros
Professional Nursing Autonomy
UVA Health System
Endoscopic Technical Support- Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 5, 2017
Typical day consists of communicating with surgeons and other support staff as to what equipment will be needed for the surgery.
Once the that is achieved the surgery can begin. During surgery I communicate with surgeon about different aspects of what is going on. After surgery I clean and prepare equipment for sterilization according to nation healthcare regulations.
Overview
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 12, 2016
I open the department at 6:45 am . I register patients for there procedures , clinic , make the procedure packages , collect Co pays , send out return letters , do daily attendance , schedule appointments and etc..
University hospital
Clinical Nurse III (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 29, 2016
Slower unit, 2-6 admissions daily. Good co-workers, strong teaching environment, Salaried position in "closed" unit. Chief and senior residents strong advocates for nursing.
Pros
Good colleges
Cons
Some junior residents.
Work load heavy. Pay is good like being in Jr high
Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 2, 2016
I loved my patience loved new skills. Team work was not good, management did not help the decking situation. For me it was a choice between home life or work.
Pros
Money, the ability to increase your knowledge base
Cons
Management, heat, pace, the back stabbing of co-workers
Anesthesia Technician
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 9, 2016
I honestly would not recommend this job to anyone. The OR was disgusting. I saw a cockroach and killed a fly.There was always blood and tissue in the hallways. That don't have EVS so it would stay there for days. The supervisor isn't even certified, although he claims to be and he literally sits on his tail all day, even when they are short staffed, which is always.. It's a very hostile work environment. Had one girl leave because another girl was bullying her. Hours aren't flexible at all. This job was a joke.
Pros
money
Cons
Lazy people, Rude people, unprofessional supervisor.
Opportunities for Education
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 7, 2016
The UVA Health System offers a stimulating work environment and constantly challenges employees to continue learning.
Great place to work!
Environmental Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 30, 2016
Performed various routine and non-routine cleaning tasks by following prescribed cleaning frequencies to insure proper building sanitation. I got along well with co-workers and supervisors.
It was so so
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 12, 2016
Very greedy company but overall life in the community there was ok. I need to fill twenty words to save this so blag blah blah blah blah

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Virginia Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Virginia Health System Reviews by Location