University of Virginia Employee Reviews

Productive and Creative place
Arabic Instructor (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 5, 2017
Being an Arabic teacher at University of Virginia was one of the most beautiful and valuable jobs I ever had. Discussing the class material everyday with my colleagues gave me an opportunity to learn more about the best way to teach Arabic as a second language. The culture diversity in the Middle Eastern Department made the workplace environment more enjoyable where we shared our culture differences.
University of Virginia
Non-tenure track faculty (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 23, 2017
Hard company to get permanent employment. Pay is poor. Low compensation. Too much favoritism. Charlottesville is a charming and diverse town though.
Fast paced environment
Division Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 22, 2017
School of Medicine is a fast paced healthcare environment. I deal with Human Resources which includes performance management, as well as posting and searching for qualified staff and faculty. I also manage finances for the division.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
fast paced
Not as good as I was hoping it would be.
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 18, 2017
This position was advertised as a potential dream job right up my alley but the management team was very disorganized with lots of bitter in-fighting between them.
Administrative Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 17, 2017
The staff is friendly, supportive, and easy to work with. Although the person who left the position seemed to pull back orientating me to this temp position. The boss, however, is great!
Cons
Working as a temp. It's hard to break in to get hired full time.
Graduate research led by motivated professors seeking to develop new physicists and scientists for industry
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 17, 2017
Graduate research was led by motivated professors
Required a large time commitment, but resulted in several publications as well as experience with machine learning, batch computing, and statistical analysis.
Lot of fun in my work place.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 16, 2017
I have lot of fun while working with the patient,I enjoy my work with lot of registered nurse. They are very helpful and respectful, I work from 7pm to 7am in the morning.
Great University to work for
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 14, 2017
UVA is a top notch institution. Working for them was a great experience that I will remember forever. Administration could not have been more supportive.
Good place to work.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 2, 2017
Very challenging and nice place to learn practical health care delivery. University of Virginia Health System has a research based teaching hospital with quality and advanced medical facilities.
Lovely town
Undergraduate Researcher, Chemical Engineering (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 29, 2017
Was only an undergrad researcher but got some good hands on experience working in a wet lab that wasn't part of a course. It was a lot trying to catch up with the research happening but that's always the case coming onto a new project. I had a great experience both with my advisor and with the faculty in the department
University of Virginia Overall
Process Simplification Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 27, 2017
Hard company to get permanent employment. Management has a supportive team environment however high expectation of being tasked with two and three job titles with low compensation.
n/a
PFA Access Associate - Department of Surgery (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 18, 2017
A typical day at work includes scheduling for three breast surgeons and 2 Nurse Practitioners. I have scheduling experience as an IV scheduler with referrals. There is no hard part of my job. Please refer to resume.
A great start for any potential student body
Mailroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 11, 2017
This university has a great variety of on campus jobs and opportunities any potential student wishes to participate in. I recommend you ask the UVA career center if you have any questions regarding work study related jobs on campus.
Pros
Engaging with students of different backgrounds and view points
Cons
The Food and the unpredictable weather
A nice research university to study and work.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 27, 2017
University of Virginia is a very nice place to pursue higher education. The work and life here are well balanced. All kinds of support and instructions can be easily found.
Good place/ Poor Management
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 25, 2017
Great benefits, leave time and competitive pay. A lot of micromanagement and indecisive people. Very childish upper management. Most are not fit for their positions, just grandfathered in.
Pros
Benefits/leave time
Cons
Teaching Assistant and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 22, 2017
Worked as a student. Compensation was fair and they did not allow you to work over 20 hours per week for a full-time student. Great work environment, highly recommended.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant, Department of Statistics (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 22, 2017
My main duty is to grade homework and provide feedback. I also hold office hours for students to ask questions on course material or review materials for exams. Flexible hours.
Enjoyable experience
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 15, 2017
I enjoyed this job. Good pay/hours and great opportunity to interact with students. Professors were friendly and understanding when I needed to focus on my own schoolwork.
High paced
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 14, 2017
My job is extremely stressful most days. Professors are needy at times and the work load is very large. We change system usage frequently so you will need to be able to be a fast learner.
A good research/teaching balance
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 7, 2017
PhD students can do both research and teaching while enrolling the graduate programming. This helps sharpen skills that we need for academic career. However, it is not the case if we are going to industry.
Pros
Research environment, stipend.
Cons
Overload teaching work.