University of Virginia

University of Virginia Employer Reviews

excellent work place
Coding Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), charlottesville, VAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: remote work and flexible schedule, health benefits
Cons: financial compensation not that great
flexible schedule
management friend
co-workers friend
reviews of work and audits
benefits were great.
pay was not as great
Graduate Student!
Biochemistry Laboratory Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJanuary 22, 2014
Its a great programme but be prepared to be tired for years!

excellent teaching opportunities and a wide variety of classes to take.

Great campus and Charlottesville is a fantastic place to live.
Good Benefits
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Excellent benefits but very hard to transfer to different positions
Assistant Professor of Military Science (Former Employee), Liberty, VAJanuary 21, 2014
Amazing place to live and work. Excellent people to work with and for. Could have worked here the rest of my working career.
It was good job that did involved having strict time tables that you had to work by daily basis
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VirginiaJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: its was professional, and i learned a great deal about bsl precautions, sterile procedures, time management.
Cons: i have had to work on holidays
A typical day was to check with the supervisor,and other co wokers to see if anything new was coming in to be processed,and then , I will to check all the rooms to see if all the scientific protocols were doing well. I would record the temperature,and humidity of each room. I handle the new scientific protocols,and report the data.
There were monthly – more... cleaning,and weekly sanitizing the equipment.
I did enjoy the company of my fellow co workers,and everyone helped each other. The worst part that I was considered essential staff, so I have been there on Holidays. – less
Interesting
Teaching Assistant of Statistics (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJanuary 15, 2014
The hardest part of this job is interacting with students. By asking specific questions, enhance students' understanding of material
Fun Job, Learning hospital
Histology Technician (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VANovember 14, 2013
Pros: interesting, always learning new things
Taught a lot interims about cutting tissue blocks and doing other things in a histology lab
Academic Institution
Medical Education Manager (Current Employee), VirginiaNovember 14, 2013
The university has a strong commitment to medical education and lifelong learning.
Instructor (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VANovember 8, 2013
I have enjoyed my time at UVA. The students are amazing and my colleagues are a great group of people. The greatest perk to the job is the availability of the campus. It is so beautiful to walk anytime of the year.

My typical day begins at 9 and I finish at five. I do have to sneak lunch in as I do not have a break from teaching.

The only negative – more... to the job is the space I have in which to teach: It is underground and has no windows. This becomes a bit depressing during the Winter months. – less
I liked it
Research Associate (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAOctober 14, 2013
It is a great place, very cultivated people in the University and life can be very pleasant in Charlottesville. However it is a small place, do not expect a city experience. People is generally very kind and supportive
very good
Data analyst (Former Employee), charlottesvilleSeptember 25, 2013
unzip data files from different locations, loading data into table, DW.....generate reports.
Good research location
Graduate Fellow (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VASeptember 23, 2013
Plethora of good advisors, typically come in to work early in the morning and work throughout the day on the research topic of interest. Advisors vary from daily meetings to meeting with graduate students once a month. Most enjoyable part of the day is working with co-workers to accomplish goals.
Higher Education
Technical Director (Current Employee), VASeptember 20, 2013
Higher education is facing some challenges with respect to new technologies. UVA is no exception.
Busy and interactive days.
General Manager Observatory Hill (Current Employee), Charlottesville, Va.September 3, 2013
Pros: constantly interacting with customers
Typical day at work involves feeding over 4000 customers daily.
University of Virginia
Precertification Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJuly 3, 2013
As a Pre Certification Coordinator I would call the various insurance companies providing clinical information in order to obtain authorization for various procedures and test requested by the doctors.
Great Place for Graduate School
Pre-Doctoral Student (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJuly 3, 2013
Enjoyed my time in the department of Biomedical Engineering. Great faculty and students.
Summer Research Intern
Charlottesville - Research Intern (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJune 29, 2013
Immunology research, animal hands-on research. Undergraduate students have the opportunity to work with graduate or post-docs. Professional environment and well-organized.
Graduate Teaching Assistance for Uiversity courses.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJune 26, 2013
Pros: flexible hours and office location allowed for maximum benefits.
Cons: limited times for my own classes.
Instructed practical and Laboratories for programming and engineering electronics courses. The job was highly flexible with only part of the hours rigidly scheduled. This allowed for learning how to instruct.
Very educational and structured environment
Research Internship (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJune 18, 2013
I enjoyed working in the research lab and was able to adapt to working with diverse groups of people. I was also pushed to develop skills that I had not yet exercised and able to see my progress. Though the city was not the most exciting for a college student I was able to engage and enjoy my work environment.
Academic Research Lab
Research Associate (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAMay 30, 2013
A typical day consists of solving problems, identifying potential advancements and taking notes.