- As a fiscal specialist a typical work day for me included almost everything under the same job title. i was responsible for A/R, A/P, purchasing (including blanket purchase orders), travel reimbursement, payroll, monitoring grant budgets, helping vendors getting registered in UW system (including contacting foreign suppliers) and other duties that varies depending on the department. the volume of these tasks is not small.
- Management is for the most part busy to provide a proper training for new employees, so you have to figure it out by yourself.
- the relationship with co-workers has been good.
- the hardest part is doing almost everything under the same job title.
- learning new stuff, as the University of Washington keeps updating its systems.
Good healthcare benefits
Pay is not matching to duties or workload