University of West Georgia Employee Reviews

Good for student workers
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAAugust 1, 2017
Easy-going workplace culture. Managers and faculty are very understanding of the fact that education comes first and they give you the flexibility needed to stay focused on classes.
enjoyable work place with science base
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAAugust 1, 2017
In a typical day I would set up multiple lab stations for entry level biology students, then I would have to answer any of their questions they had about the chapter we were focusing on that day. I kept my basic biology concepts sharp while learning many teaching methods. The instructor of us was very hands off allowing us to handle our labs on our owns. Hardest part of the job mentally was answering the questions from students; physically it was arriving an hour before lab to set up then staying an hour after to grade their papers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to move and see specimens.
A good starting place
Outdoor Educator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJuly 27, 2017
I don't expect you'll come here planning to stay, I'd make the cases you'll fall in love but ultimately it is a state entity, things move slow. Many times little happens. A stepping stone
entertaining and educational with great food
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJune 15, 2017
Being an RA for UWG is a good blend of calm and exciting. There is always time to meet new and interesting people. Plus you work from where you are living. It is a convenient and rewarding job for any college student.
Graduate Student, College of Business
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJune 15, 2017
Through my time as a student assistant and a graduate assistant, I found the leadership of the college of business to be outstanding and unmatched. Incredibly genuine and forward looking individuals lead the Richards College of Business and it could not be a more inspiring place to work. I was given the opportunity to continue my education as an MBA student and it was due to the kind and caring leadership that I decided to stay at UWG.
productive food service
Server (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJune 5, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of getting my station ready and aiding in helping to prepare food. the day usually would be slow at the station that i worked at. Management was very well organized and ran a very tight ship. The hardest part of the job was working in the freezer. The most enjoyable part of the job was making other happy by providing them with ice cream.
Pros
the hours and flexibility of the schedule
UWG: A Quick Review
Senior Web Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJune 1, 2017
Pros
I never felt overwhelmed. The pace was just right. Training was easy, even though there was a lot of information to retain.

Cons
I loved this job, however, the pay is very love and upper management is terrible at making decisions.
Understanding and friendly environment, can learn a lot
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMay 29, 2017
The faculty are so friendly and understanding. It is educational environment so I learnt a lot. I became close to my teachers and supervisor. University of West Georgia is flexible place to work.
Great Working Environment
Operations Student Leader (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMay 17, 2017
I love working here and would recommend it to anyone! I was able to move up while working here and it has helped me a lot with my various skills and abilities.
awesome
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMay 1, 2017
short hours.

you have your own space.

it is a quiet place to work.

student and staff are nice.

no hours after 9p.

works with your school schedule.
Great work as a student, but not much pay.
Astronomy Laboratory Instructor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAApril 24, 2017
I truly enjoyed my time working for the physics department at the University of West Georgia, but that is not a career, at least not without getting a degree in that field and working towards a professorship. However, as a student, it was a great workplace community and gave excellent experience, even though the pay was pitiful.
Go Wolves!
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAApril 20, 2017
Working at West Georgia has always been a positive experience. Everyone makes sure that you feel comfortable. Its like on big family. If I ever needed to call out due to illness or unexpected issues, they always were lenient.
Fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAApril 19, 2017
I learned how to use the computer. I also learned hoe to a lot of office work. I communicated with a lot of people I scheduled appointments with students and also their parents
Hoo
Peer Educator (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAApril 12, 2017
Great team and excellent prople. Very interactive with students faculty and staff. Helps you gain more knowledge of subject matter. This job teaches you how to effectively commuincate and empathize with people
Productive and fun workplace
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAApril 9, 2017
Carrying and lifting tables and chairs for events
Learned how to be time efficient
Management was somewhat lacking, but the job was done
Workplace culture was fluid
Good Place to Work for a First Time Job
Creative Department (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAApril 4, 2017
A typical day at work is filled with a lot of contact with faculty and staff. Employers care about employee engagement and want to make this place a great place to work. However, the pay is not competitive. Very bureaucratic. If you are wired like a politician, you will thrive in this environment.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
poor pay
Great atmosphere
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMarch 22, 2017
This job consisted of having a great attitude while showing new students the campus and providing them with helpful information that will help them be successful at the university of west georgia.
Great School and Workplace
Peer Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMarch 13, 2017
Working for the University of West Georgia is Great. As a student and an employee it is great. They are very willing to work with your schedule. They provide great training and a great atmosphere.
Optimal Learning Experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMarch 10, 2017
Working at the University of West Georgia has been rewarding in many aspects. Since I was a student, I learned many things in and out of the classroom and work setting. I was taught time management and critical thinking. The hardest part of working at the University of West Georgia was maintaining a life outside of the work place. I can be very dedicated to my job and finding a balance between work and home can become grey at times. The most enjoyable part was the environment, people, and children interacting and learning materials together.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks
Production
Server (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAFebruary 28, 2017
I liked the fast-paced plot; It also helped develops much suspense as other associates works his way through decoding the Codex Vitae.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of West Georgia. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3