University of Wisconsin–Madison Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
It was a fun place to work
Adapted Fitness Program August 2016 - May 2017 (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 15, 2017
This job really allowed me to embrace the behind the scenes lifestyle of football recruiting. I thoroughly enjoyed working in this environment and the people were great.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 12, 2017
Work for weekdays
Work during weekend is optional
Workplace culture is friendly and relaxed
Great to work together with diverse colleagues
I learned the following things: self-developing, problem-solving, etc.
Relaxed environment with job security
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 5, 2017
This is a great place to work. Relaxed environment, but executive management is very weak. There is no real strategic planning and it is difficult for directors to align strategically to the organization.
Stable job
Medical Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 26, 2017
The work at the University of Wisconsin was consistent and the requirements clear. Good job but not much room for advancement. Nice benefits including health, dental, and 401K.
Good job to start in college
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 16, 2017
Lots of office assistant work done here. As my first job, I learned how to interact with different program directors and leaders in a professional manner. I also learned more about my work ethic from working here. On a typical day I would make copies and worksheets for conferences, input addresses into our database, compile evaluations, deliver mail, and help out with any other small things the program directors needed.
Pros
Flexible hours based on my schedule, free exam bag of goodies, laid back
Cons
No work advancement
Awesome
Internship (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 16, 2017
It was a great internship with a lot of educational factors. I learned a lot of what I know, due to this internship. It was a great way to get experience and learn at the same time.
Great lab to work in with goals and friendly co-workers.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 7, 2017
Great lab to work in with goals and friendly co-workers. Would recommend to anyone who wants experience working in a lab environment. Grad students are friendly and willing to answer questions.
Pros
Friendly, Learn a lot
Cons
paid in credit
Good place for work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 4, 2017
Madison is a beautiful city. Summer is cool, and winter is fun.
Working here is a great experience. Salary maybe not very high, but culture is good for research.
unique position
Financial Specialist-Senior (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 29, 2017
My job allows me to work independently with little or no supervision. It is not a typical desk job as there is a good amount of physical labor involved. The job requires me to be accountable and efficient.
Cons
no room for advancement
I miss and love UW-Madison
Student (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 27, 2017
As people grow old, nostalgia just pops up from time to time. I miss my student hood in UW-Madion, where I learned a lot, lived a relaxing but interesting life and enjoyed the last 2 years of young adulthood. It's a great public school with great quality of education. It's a big campus with beautiful surround lakes. It's someplace I will never forget.
stable and fund to work in UW-Madison
Senior Scientist /Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 20, 2017
UW-Madison is academically, a very good university with lots of faculty or scientists with world reputation, but lacks of enough spearheads or novelty. The faculty tends to focus their own niche without scientific politicians or organizers thinking how all the faculty functions as a group or organization to achieve a great goal.
Pros
stable
Cons
lack of vigor
run of the mill customer service employment
Desk staff (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 19, 2017
This was pretty much the average desk staff job in which you must simply be apt at customer service and scheduling. Not too much "magic" to be found working for housing, but it was a good exercise in time management and personal communication/customer service.
A good opportunity for student employment.
Market Team Member (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 13, 2017
It was a nice place to work that was very flexible in scheduling. Allowed many different work stations. The supervisors and managers were also very friendly and accommodating.
Nice research university
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 12, 2017
Located in a small but nice city. People here are friendly. The research environment is nice. A lot of facilities available on campus. Only drawback is winter is extremely cold
Dont- even if desperate
ART (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 11, 2017
Unreasonable expectations with high turnover of employee's. Last minute drafting for work the next day. Give up your social life and your human rights. Always looking for a scape goat to blame for managements failures. You cannot trust anyone.
Pros
learn there is more to life than money
Cons
treatment of emploees
Nice place for research
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 5, 2017
It's a nice place for undergraduate to have experience on research. It is very important to find a good mentor or professor in College that can lead you.
UW Madison
Assistant Director of Resident Support Programs (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 28, 2017
This is an excellent place to work, live and play with good benefits and a work cultural that Supports the Wisconsin Idea. The UW Maddison is committed to ensuring there employees are well educated and taken care of.
Great Way to Explore Career Fields
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 21, 2017
This university has a lot of hands on opportunities for its students to explore different career paths or fields within their major. It's highly recommended to go seek out professors to do research under while in school.
Great University
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 19, 2017
Great academics and great university campus culture. The sports here are amazing. You will build relationships that will last a lifetime. I highly recommend going to this university!
Productive and Fun Workplace
Computer and Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 17, 2017
Great place to work as a student. Relaxed atmosphere with the opportunity to build concrete skills with decent compensation. There is opportunity to learn specific IT fields if you are so inclined.
Pros
Good pay for student job, interesting work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Wisconsin–Madison. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4