University of Wisconsin - Madison

University of Wisconsin - Madison Employer Reviews

We walk every lunch and I enjoy that
Facilities Planning and Management (FP&M) (Current Employee), Madison, WISeptember 10, 2014
Pros: there isn't any
Cons: everyone that i work with is very nice.
I'm at work at 7:30 AM but don't have to be in until 7:45 AM, I enjoy everyone that I work with and my day starts out saying good morning to everyone. I never do the same thing everyday it is always different. The management can depend on me because I always here and always will to help everyone.

My children live in Florida and I want to move in there – more... area. To enjoy my grandchildren. – less
Research laboratory
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Madison, WIMay 25, 2014
Pros: working with animals
Cons: intimidating professor/principle investigator
The day starts with taking care of the mice cages make sure they are well fed and healthy.

Co-workers are very helpful but that's also depending on the personnel.
High stress work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Madison WIMay 13, 2014
Pros: i like research
Cons: too much stress
It will be different for other PIs but our PI micromanaged the lab hurting productivity, increasing stress, and making it a hard environment to work in.
Great University and Employer
Project Leader (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 9, 2014
In my time as a student and employee at UW Madison, I have made lifelong friends and gained invaluable skills. I cannot overstate how much I have enjoyed being a part of this environment... everyone is open to new ideas and innovation.
Great
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 12, 2014
You can learn a lot from Professors around and your colleagues.
Collaborative and productive work environment.
Research Associate (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 8, 2013
The work environment is supportive and promotes the development of creative and relevant research. The graduate students and professors are collaborative and willing to talk through scientific challenges and ideas.
Excellent study to have worked on.
Field Interviewer (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 30, 2013
Pros: set your own schedule.
Cons: contract position.
Enjoyed working out of my home, setting my own schedule, being able to work nights and weekends if I wanted to, interviewing different people every day, driving to new areas of Wisconsin, & staying over night in a motel.

Had two week's of initial training in Madison which really equipped us to hit the ground running. Additional training was also provided – more... in Madison as well as through webinars. Would definitely work on the WLS in the future or any other studies the university has to offer. – less
Productive workplace with a new approach to lecturing.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Wendt Library, Madison, WIMarch 30, 2013
Pros: great management, flexible hours.
Cons: occasional long hours.
A typical day involved making sure that in-class exercises were properly posted at the class website before class started. The class period was 2 hours long and was more of a problem-solving session instead of a straight lecture. The students were to watch short video lectures and turn in exercises at the end of the class period, which I would then – more... grade. I also held office hours in the late afternoon. The hardest part of the job was to generate in-class exercises that were both instructive and interesting. Overall, I really enjoyed the job, there were days that had very long hours, but the manager was phenomenal. I really enjoyed working with others, helping the students really understand the material, and watching them excel at the subject I was helping them learn. – less
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: close to the city and recreational areas, good workplace, good benefits
Cons: very cold winters, work on weekends
Productive workplace. A typical day consisted of running experiments and sharing thoughts with co-workers or doing some background research on the work. The workplace is conducive to productivity and the close city life as well as the recreation by the water creates a relaxing atmosphere. Work on weekends and late nights is one of the hardest parts – more... of the job but its balanced by the flexible schedule. As a student and employee you take advantage of the the clinics and transportation services offered in town. – less
A fulfilling opportunity to teach.
Part Time Instructor (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 17, 2012
Pros: a fulfilling job opportunity.
Cons: program discontinued.
A wonderful teaching experience for continuing education.