University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee

University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee Employer Reviews

Great asset in being able to acquire knowledg, experience, and skills working with the University and the Department of Financial Aid
Advisor/Data Entry and Verification (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 8, 2014
- Assisted students and families with in applying for Federal and State aid to attend school.

- Provided Scholarship and Loan information as another means of resources in assisting with college funding.

- Extremely exceptional, understanding and caring staff and management.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 7, 2013
Pros: rewarding work
Cons: bureaucracy
UWM is a great place to work. The bureaucracy can sometimes be tedious, but the goal is a noble one. I find that helping students achieve their education dreams is extremely rewarding, and most everyone I work with has the same enthusiasm for the betterment of our community.
Research assistants can work from the university and/or home
Research Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 3, 2013
Ergonomics skills are sharpened and knowledge in the field is gained. Long hours are expected by some department heads. Benefits are good, but pay is on the low end of the scale.
good university in the area of power engineering
Ph.D. Research Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 29, 2013
There are two great professors leading power system and power electronics group in the university of wisconsin milwaukee.
A Job With Toys
Media Center Technician (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 20, 2012
Pros: pretty new technology, breaks as needed
Cons: none that i can really think of
The day went as followed, people may or may not have stopped in for things to be faxed, copied, or e-mailed. And, while keeping track of these various jobs others would also stop in to use the facilities to take pictures of architectural models. So, I had to explain how to use the cameras, set up lighting, and so forth. But, to explain how to use it, – more... I had to know how to use it. My first job from my boss was to play with everything. – less