University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee Employee Reviews

Great place to meet friends from all over the world
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 18, 2016
The lower level management can difficult to understand, but there's always a jewel in the administration to help you through challenges.

It was a pleasure to work with fellow students from all over the world:)
Pros
Culturally enriching
Cons
Low compensation
Fun place to work, good benefits, no growth.
Teaching assistant. (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 1, 2015
As a teaching assistant (TA) at UWM I had a great experience. Most of my students were dedicated and hard working. Also not all students were your typical person out of high school, a lot of them were "older" students that worked full time. Unfortunately as much as I liked working there, there was no room for growth. It's the nature of being a TA. Excellent health insurance.
Pros
Health care.
Cons
Salary is low compared to other universities in the US.
Structured atmosphere that also let me be creative.
UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM COORDINATOR THE HUB (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 26, 2015
Typical day at work is teaching a couple group exercise classes, working on registrations for new classes, and completing other administrative work. Also, putting together projects such as Back Care Basics workshop and helping with the behavior change program Find Your Fit.
Pros
Learn a wide variety of job tasks and met a lot of people.
Cons
Unpaid experience.
volunteering
CAD Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 27, 2014
The club has tried to solve poor people's problem by means of eye, dental and blood camps
Good Job For Students
Network Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 5, 2014
Good job for building IT experience. Friendly casual atmosphere, ability to initiate self-directed projects.
Pros
Casual
Great asset in being able to acquire knowledg, experience, and skills working with the University and the Department of Financial Aid
Advisor/Data Entry and Verification (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 8, 2014
- Assisted students and families with in applying for Federal and State aid to attend school.

- Provided Scholarship and Loan information as another means of resources in assisting with college funding.

- Extremely exceptional, understanding and caring staff and management.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 7, 2013
UWM is a great place to work. The bureaucracy can sometimes be tedious, but the goal is a noble one. I find that helping students achieve their education dreams is extremely rewarding, and most everyone I work with has the same enthusiasm for the betterment of our community.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Bureaucracy
Research assistants can work from the university and/or home
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 3, 2013
Ergonomics skills are sharpened and knowledge in the field is gained. Long hours are expected by some department heads. Benefits are good, but pay is on the low end of the scale.
good university in the area of power engineering
Ph.D. Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 29, 2013
There are two great professors leading power system and power electronics group in the university of wisconsin milwaukee.
A Job With Toys
Media Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 20, 2012
The day went as followed, people may or may not have stopped in for things to be faxed, copied, or e-mailed. And, while keeping track of these various jobs others would also stop in to use the facilities to take pictures of architectural models. So, I had to explain how to use the cameras, set up lighting, and so forth. But, to explain how to use it, I had to know how to use it. My first job from my boss was to play with everything.
Pros
pretty new technology, breaks as needed
Cons
none that i can really think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4