University of Wisconsin-Madison

University of Wisconsin-Madison Employee Reviews

Great Campus
Financial Specialist (Current Employee), Madison, WIMay 3, 2015
Great place to find a job and grow as an individual. With many support staff and co-workers, it makes work easy and enjoyable.
Fast-paced, team-oriented work environment focused on customer service
Leader of Student Projects and Initiatives (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 31, 2015
Pros: college town atmosphere
Cons: budget cuts
Co-workers and the college town atmosphere are reasons why it's such a great place to work. Surrounded by young and innovative thinkers that create inspiration amongst all staff.
Top notch university with good quality of life
Systems Support Analyst and Help Desk Manager (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 26, 2015
My work at the university involves helping people use computers. This is the type of job that varies every day and it is impossible to get bored.
Great place for research projects and development
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 25, 2015
This is a great school and its research team is phenomenal, but it is sometime inefficient to collaborate between groups.
Very large university
Research Associate (Current Employee), Madison, WIDecember 24, 2014
Very large university. Likely good for some people and bad for others. As a trainee it is easy to get lost there, although there is lots of good research happening there. If you are not from that geographical area, be ready for the intense winter.
Great place to do research
Post Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 30, 2014
Pros: nice people, nice science
Cons: cold weather, benefit
I enjoyed the time in UW-Madison, four years, even it is a little cold in winter :(.
In my time as a postdoc at UW Madison, I gained many true friendship with my colleagues and mentor.I obtained useful skills which will affect the rest of my life.
a nice city and nice people
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 23, 2014
You will love the city and people, the health insurance is good, city is beautiful but small. the research environment is good
Graduate Research Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WINovember 3, 2014
Graduate Research Assistant, University of Wisconsin-Madison 2013 - present
Preventing Food Protein Allergic Reactions via Conjugation with Polysaccharides
• Developed and optimized experiments to conjugate whey protein with dextran of various molecular sizes
• Modified experimental techniques to isolate and purify whey protein-dextran conjugates/glycates by size exclusion chromatography and ion-exchange chromatography
• Designed new in vitro infant digestion model to study digestion rate of whey protein-dextran conjugates/glycates
A good university
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIOctober 14, 2014
I am having my PhD here. Overall it is a good experience. People here are talented.
It is a good place
Research Associate (Current Employee), Madison, WIAugust 1, 2014
The benefits in the University is A+. The campus is nice. you can get lots of different scientific information from other departments.
Great support staff and stimulating environment
Postdoctoral Associate (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 8, 2014
This was a great place to work, although really cold in winter! Some of the red tape is obnoxious, and having worked at a medical school before, it was definitely frustrating. However, the people are very friendly and great to work with.
Great resources for a go-getter
Graduate Research Assistant for Biochemistry (Current Employee), Madison, WIJuly 2, 2014
Pros: plenty of freedom, flexibility, good benefits
Lab culture varies greatly depending on the lab. In general, professors are quite busy with funding therefore, a student needs to be very proactive and take charge of their education.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), MadisonMay 29, 2014
Excellent university!!
Tuition waiver and stipend
13 hours of work every week
Great plate to live a graduate life
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 7, 2014
UW Madison is a large university and could offer everything I need.
already submitted
Information Processing Consultant, Dept. of AOS (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 11, 2014
Nice place to work
Beautiful City
Lots of energetic young people
Supportive environment with opportunities for advancement
Assistant to the Official Functions Coordinator (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 2, 2014
I started as a student employee and was promoted to an assistant after graduation. If I wanted to stay in Madison, I feel confident my department heads would give me enthusiastic references and help me to find a full time position at the University.
Productive and Fun work place
Assistant Scientist (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 24, 2014
As a Scientist my work day begins with planning experiment for the project and start preparations for the same. Everyday is a challenge and getting answers for the challenging questions is what comprises my work day. The work environment is very congenial and fun filled. Colleagues are great and my PI is very supportive. School of pharmacy at UW-Madison is a great place for employees. The hardest part of the job is discovery. As a scientist, discovery is what drives me. The days when I am not able to get answers from my experiments are the day when I feel incomplete. But that is exactly the thing that drives me and get behind the problem to get a solutions.
Solid academics and outstanding research institution
Research Associate (Current Employee), Madison, WIDecember 30, 2013
A top ten research institution, but salaries and compensation needs to keep pace with other schools.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIDecember 10, 2013
Awesome job! Very enjoyable work environment. Plenty of top down support.
A world class experience!
Laboratory Research Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIAugust 9, 2013
Pros: ice hockey, cheese, ice cream, football...and more cheese.
Cons: it's a little chilly in february.
The University of Wisconsin - Madison, is an outstanding institution of higher learning in an amazingly dynamic mid-western capital city. Consistently ranked in the top 15 public universities in the US, it attracts students from all across the world, and is a major contributor to research in all subject matters.

University of Wisconsin-Madison Salaries