University of Wisconsin-Madison

University of Wisconsin-Madison Employer Reviews

Great resources for a go-getter
Graduate Research Assistant for Biochemistry (Current Employee), Madison, WIJuly 2, 2014
Pros: plenty of freedom, flexibility, good benefits
Lab culture varies greatly depending on the lab. In general, professors are quite busy with funding therefore, a student needs to be very proactive and take charge of their education.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), MadisonMay 29, 2014
Excellent university!!
Tuition waiver and stipend
13 hours of work every week
Great plate to live a graduate life
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 7, 2014
UW Madison is a large university and could offer everything I need.
already submitted
Information Processing Consultant, Dept. of AOS (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 11, 2014
Nice place to work
Beautiful City
Lots of energetic young people
Supportive environment with opportunities for advancement
Assistant to the Official Functions Coordinator (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 2, 2014
I started as a student employee and was promoted to an assistant after graduation. If I wanted to stay in Madison, I feel confident my department heads would give me enthusiastic references and help me to find a full time position at the University.
Productive and Fun work place
Assistant Scientist (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 24, 2014
As a Scientist my work day begins with planning experiment for the project and start preparations for the same. Everyday is a challenge and getting answers for the challenging questions is what comprises my work day. The work environment is very congenial and fun filled. Colleagues are great and my PI is very supportive. School of pharmacy at UW-Madison – more... is a great place for employees. The hardest part of the job is discovery. As a scientist, discovery is what drives me. The days when I am not able to get answers from my experiments are the day when I feel incomplete. But that is exactly the thing that drives me and get behind the problem to get a solutions. – less
Solid academics and outstanding research institution
Research Associate (Current Employee), Madison, WIDecember 30, 2013
A top ten research institution, but salaries and compensation needs to keep pace with other schools.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIDecember 10, 2013
Awesome job! Very enjoyable work environment. Plenty of top down support.
A world class experience!
Laboratory Research Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIAugust 9, 2013
Pros: ice hockey, cheese, ice cream, football...and more cheese.
Cons: it's a little chilly in february.
The University of Wisconsin - Madison, is an outstanding institution of higher learning in an amazingly dynamic mid-western capital city. Consistently ranked in the top 15 public universities in the US, it attracts students from all across the world, and is a major contributor to research in all subject matters.
Great culture
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 30, 2013
I love UW-Madison and have worked for various offices around campus. You have a great deal of autonomy in most places and your opinion is typically valued, even if you're a young/new employee.
great place to work
Associate Director, Chican@ Latin@ Studies Program (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 12, 2013
access to employee services such as swimming pool and gym

Students are great

Development services for the profession available
NIH-FUNDED ONCOLOGY RESEARCHER
Researcher Wisconsin Institute (Current Employee), Institute, WIMarch 30, 2013
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
NIH-FUNDED ONCOLOGY RESEARCHER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
My aim as a scientist in top-ranked universities, has been to prevent and treat inflammation and cancer. Working in intensive and dynamic research environments, I have achieved success presenting and publishing with expert principal – more... investigators. Cooperating with MDs, PhDs, and Medical Fellows, I bring dedication, enthusiasm and rigor to the exciting work of translational oncology research. I have a wide spectrum of experience in cancer therapy, including the analysis of molecular mechanisms in prevention and treatment.

RESEARCH INTEREST & BACKGROUND:
• Primary interest: Examination of novel agents in clinical trials and tumor survival induced by genotoxic chemotherapeutics. Seeking direct responsibility for conducting clinical trials.
• Graduate work: Performed in vitro evaluation of novel class of anticancer agents, the polyamine analogues, undergoing phase I clinical trials. Led to primary career focus on the elucidation of molecular mechanisms of anticancer agents.
• Postdoctoral work: Focused on clinical toxicity associated with a developing anticancer agent, perillyl alcohol. Outcome suggested that the mechanism of perillyl-induced gastrointestinal reflux in subjects in phase I drug trials could also exploit tumor cells that express a calcium-dependent NF-κB mediated survival pathway.
• Current work at the University of Wisconsin-Madison: Received NIH funding to examine genotoxic activity of cigarette smoke as prelude to inflammation associated cancer through induction of transcriptional factor NF-κB. – less
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 17, 2013
Your experience depends mostly on who your advisor is; my advisor was fairly laid back and gave me space to work, getting involved only when it was necessary. My co-workers were friendly and helpful, and the students mostly wanted to be there.
Good research options
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 14, 2013
University of Wisconsin has great opportunities for graduate students in chemical engineering in a wide range of fields. Also a wonderful campus.
A great work environment
Communications Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: eating at work, friendly peers, great supervisors
The people I work with are so supportive and friendly that it makes coming in to work every day worth looking forward to. It is the best job I have ever had.
Fun, Easy Summer Job
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 13, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: disorganized
A typical day at work consisted of learning about each beer sold at the UW-Madison Memorial Union- such as where the beers are brewed, type of beer, alcohol content- and trying to help each costumer make the best decision. Management was a bit disorganized, but overall no serious problems; thus, my co-workers either worked overtime or were nowhere to – more... be found. Easy job, loved being able to make a connection with my costumers and remembering their preferences in order to better serve them in the future. – less
Higher education and research institution
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WISeptember 23, 2012
Work in the ablation lab with the department radiology and biomedical engineer. We develop devices and techniques for minimally invasive therapies, with a strong focus on image-guided cancer treatment.
NA
Research Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIJune 8, 2012
I was mentored by an outstanding educator. The skilled I learned prepared me for my future.
Top research and teaching university
Office of the Secretary of the Faculty (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 26, 2012
Learned Dreamweaver and HTML basics to update website.
Majority of your work is done through e-mail, websites and using various Microsoft Office software.
Great
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 3, 2012
It a great University. Great summer time, but too much snow in the winter.