University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Employee Reviews

Work study
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMarch 14, 2017
This was a work study job I had in order to help keep up with finances. It was a job that I enjoyed going to on a day to day basis. The class that was in the lab were education students who needed to successfully complete it in order to graduate.
Fitness experience
Track & Field Strength & Conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMarch 3, 2017
Was a president of the weight lifting club and assisted with track and field strength and conditioning. Learned a lot and was a good experience.
A very positive place to work
Program Assistant/Advanced-Confidential (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIFebruary 14, 2017
I loved my job at UW-Whitewater. The environment was great to learn and grow, and wonderful to see the students of all ages follow their dream. I would love to go back to both school and work.
Pros
Many
Cons
Can be somewhat clique-ish.
administration
Japanese Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIDecember 21, 2016
terrible
They do not know how to apply for visa.
Not respond E-mail on time,

Students are fine except they tried to get out/transfer to better institution.
Supportive Educational Environment
Graduate Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WINovember 1, 2016
Enjoyable campus that provided a wonderful work experience while finishing my graduate degree. UW-W is an amazing place to work.
Amazing people to work with
Predoctoral Intern (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WISeptember 29, 2016
Monday-Friday
Kind and intelligent individuals
Flexible work schedules
Excellent clinical supervision and training
Opportunities for growth in various departments
Outreach/community/college stressors experiences.
Pros
Friendly, open environment
Cons
Small town
College work
Caterer/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJanuary 23, 2016
You would know your schedule for the coming week and you would perform a variety of events any given day. You could set up a simple buffet bar for a meeting that was occurring on the campus or you could be serving dinners to attendants of a dinner party. Simple work with easy physical labor.
Sometimes you would be able to bar tend events at the auditorium and you would be able to make tips. this was the best because you could make a lot if you were personable.
Your managers would be students and they were extremely awesome to get along with. There were a few higher ups that were a little stuck up and wanted you to act as if this was a professional catering service when it was a university catering service.
All in all, I had a great time being apart of this company.
Pros
You were able to get free food sometimes
Cons
Some jobs were dirty and one manager was weird
Very productive with wonderful mentors.
Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIFebruary 17, 2015
UW-W is an amazing place to work. University is more than hundred years old and the business school is one of the bests in the region.
Working with a selection of wonderful people is an amazing experience over there.

Management of the school is very responsive and considerate. Very easy to access, you will have a feeling that you are all a part of one family.

The hardest part of the job is that although the atmosphere is very friendly every thing is very serious. Deadlines sometimes will put pressure on you, but at the same time will help you to push your limits.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you accomplish your goals, and then satisfaction comes. You had all that hard work and now the result is that you have found new friends and have learned a lot about team works, inspiration, and leadership.
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes no lunch break.
Supervisor, Compass Group USA (Chartwells) (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIDecember 1, 2014
I love working on campus at UW-Whitewater. I get to work with a wide variety of people, and learn something new everyday. I enjoy my co-workers a great deal. The hardest part of my job is the pressure and stress that comes with being responsible for multiple food concepts. What I enjoy the most about this job is making students happy while they come in to eat. Also, hopefully making a difference as they navigate through college life.
Pros
Free meals, great people, friendly environment
Great Program
CARE (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WINovember 19, 2014
Being a part of the Early Childhood/Special Education at UW-Whitewater was a wonderful experience for me. I have gained so much knowledge and confidence in my teaching abilities through this program.
Lonely
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WISeptember 10, 2014
sometimes there's not much to do but sit there because there is nothing really going on
good place to work
General Access Lab Attendant (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJuly 7, 2014
work with good people
learn about working with customers
interact with many people
Wonderful
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIApril 13, 2014
UWW was a great place to work. The staff was friendly and professional on all levels. I would work there again.
Pros
hours
Excellent Place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIAugust 16, 2013
I had the opportunity to work with a diverse group of students and coworkers. I learned a great deal about lesson planning, teaching techniques, and critical thinking.
UW-Whitewater Wrestling
Heavyweight Wrestler (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJanuary 7, 2013
Excellent Program. Dedication, determination, and desire are required to achieve success at this sport. Coach Tim Fader is amazing and is always there for the wrestlers. It was a great experience mixed with wonderful teammates.
Flexible, learning environment, fun, structured
Letters and Sciences LEAD Media Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJune 26, 2012
Co-workers are enthusiastic and energetic, tentative to detail
Pros
flexible hours, vacations as requested(not paid though)
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5