University of Wisconsin Stevens Point Employee Reviews in United States

State employment
Exchange Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIApril 4, 2016
As an employer who's ability to pay is based on the State government, pay is low and raises are VERY slow in coming. They offer a very nice benefits package but that now comes at a cost. It used to be that civil servants took less pay in exchange for great benefits and a decent retirement package. Changes in government have brought on much higher costs for insurance so that incentive is no longer worth the trade off in lower pay (my opinion).

That all said, UWSP is a great place to work. The people are knowledgeable and (mostly) friendly. Management is involved and proactive. Wish I could go back but wouldn't want the pay cut. :)
Pros
set hours; no overtime; minimal after hours work
Cons
low pay; high cost insurance
Great Environment
Games Mangment and Social Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIDecember 28, 2015
It was fun to work at my school. At games, I got to meet fellow students that I don't typically get to see in my major classes. It was nice to serve the patrons and to get to converse with the local customers. The management was great. They were reliable, nice, understanding, and accommodating to our crazy schedules as students. There weren't really any hard parts to working my jobs on campus i simply enjoyed getting to step out of my major and to meet new people.
Pros
Free snack at games.
Cons
Not always knowing when we'd get off.
fun place to work
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJune 17, 2015
my responsibilities were unloading delivery trucks and stocking and organizing the merchandise in freezers and storage areas.
Pros
fun work enviroment
Cons
short work hours \
Flexable, positive atmosphere, accountability
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJune 11, 2012
Supervised team of six co-workers where we did miscellaneous duties such as maintenance, remodeling, painting, cleaning, and inventory/ordering. The most enjoyable part of this job was that we able to set our hours to fit our schedule. My co- workers were also something to look forward to going to work day to day. The hardest part about this job was that some of the job duties were scheduled at the same time so we had to different hours and preform at two jobs at the same time.
Great place, staff and faculty to work with.
Adjunct Instructor, Online (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 3, 2013
I enjoy working with Steven's Point. They have done an excellent job in learning how social media has become a part of the corporate umbrella. Therefore they are trying to find ways to integrate social media strategies, new media, measurements and monitoring into their graduate curriculum.
Good first job position
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIOctober 13, 2013
Fun place to work at and learned a lot about inventory to shipping procedures.

4.7