University of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

Great place to work, great benefits, limited advancement
Senior Information Processing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 12, 2017
Great place to work, great culture, great benefits, lots of vacation, limited advancement opportunities, difficult to secure industry standard wage or anything close, state government is currently at war with public education system.
Had a good career there
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 11, 2017
I worked for the university more than 10 years, received several promotions, and had a very good relationship with my managers, co-workers, and clients.
Pros
job security
Wonderful place to work
Graduate Assistant-Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIOctober 10, 2017
I love Center for Students with Disabilities. Everyone is so nice and pleasant to be around. I really do enjoy my position here and I will be sad when I leave.
Market Researcher (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIOctober 10, 2017
Great people, benefits and a dynamic team culture. Lots of room for creativity and innovation. Most enjoyable part of job is collaborating with other departments.
Great Student Job
Student Custodian Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIOctober 9, 2017
I started out at the bottom of the ladder at this place and worked my way up with a promotion roughly each year I was there. It provided very flexible hours for a full time student.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits for student employments
Excellent place to work at.
Student Grant Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 8, 2017
Research Specialist: Conducting research on energy use & food waste generation by UW-Milwaukee Campus using STARS (Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System) program framework in order to increase sustainability in the university.
I work in a stressful office.
Test Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIOctober 8, 2017
I care not to say anything poor about my current position. I love want I do even though stress, it is a very rewarding job. You need to multi task and be able to change on a dime.
work life
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 6, 2017
patient care is moderate and place is not well managed as per guidelines. Lot of new things without training come up. patient care enforced without equipment.
Good benefits, management and employees resistant to organizational changes
HR Professional (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 5, 2017
No typical work day. Some Sr. management & employees resistant to organizational changes making it difficult to improve processes. Stressed employees.
Pros
Health benefits, discounts
Cons
High employee turnover, overworked employees
Excellent.
Lecturer, Teaching and Research Assistant. (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 4, 2017
I had received my PhD and accepted a teaching position at the University of North Dakota. Before enrolling at PhD program at UM-M I was teaching at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and at Marquette University in Milwaukee.
Great work environment
Instructional Design Assistant (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WIOctober 4, 2017
Great place. I enjoyed working there. I learned a lot. The people are helpful and willing to share their knowledge. I would recommend other people working here.
Mail Room
Shipping and Mailing Associate - Advanced (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 3, 2017
Sort mail until 8 am. Grab a mail cart. Place all bags and boxes into cart. Bring vechicles from back parking lot to bay door. Load carts into vechicles then drive to campus. Deliver all mail to departments, and pick up out going mail. Bring back all out going mail. Sort out out going mail. Continue sorting mail into bags.
Pros
Set hours and breaks
Cons
Too many fights as to which job was easier
Strong Nurse Residency Program
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 3, 2017
Great place to start your nursing career.
Nurses have access to many resources.
There is access to education and certifications in your specialty.
It is the main trauma center for the state of Wisconsin.
Good Planner Skill
Diversity Event Intern (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIOctober 2, 2017
Being an intern at diversity division of career and leadership development department is a good start for individual who enjoy doing event planning. The individual will learn on how to contact speaker, arrange the accommodation, and plan the event- including budgeting.
Great university
Intern (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WISeptember 30, 2017
I worked in the athletic training room at University of Wisconsin- Stout. I worked with athlete's to help them prevent and rehabilitate injuries. I also worked to help improve their lifestyles.
i enjoyed working for the students, I went above and beyond to make them happy.
Director of Food Service (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 28, 2017
i love my job there, I love the students, my boss, my co-workers, I love my job. But, they are doing cutbacks and unfortunately my job may be cut. I have been working on campus for over ten years.
Pros
Making my students happy, I love my co-workers, I learned a lot from the various jobs I had done on campus
Cons
No benefits except vacation time, no insurance and now no future of raises.
work study program
Office Assistant and Test Proctor (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 27, 2017
Loved working there, they have a variety of different subsections to be employed in while there. Unfortunately, since it was work study I had limited hours per day I was allowed to work.
Pros
Wonderful opportunities
Cons
Limited hours
Can't go wrong working for a University
Arts Media Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WISeptember 25, 2017
This was a part time job working in the Arts Media Center in the Center of the Arts. Low wages, but that is expected. Great place to learn whatever you want and connect with department professors.
highly recommend
University Services Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 22, 2017
I enjoyed my role at the university. Helpful associates, treated everyone with appreciation and helpful attitudes. Explanation of how things worked and time to catch on.
Easy going math tutors
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 22, 2017
During my education in the mathematics department I also was a math tutor to help others that didn't enjoy mathematics. This job was very easy because you could pick hours around your school schedule.