University of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

friendly work environment
Associate Budget Planner (Current Employee) –  River Falls, WIJanuary 19, 2018
Typical work day varies. New developments on a daily basis with opportunities to learn around every corner. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting fellow employees and learning about their specialties.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
n/a
Flexible hours and relaxed atmosphere
Student Accounts & Cashier's Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJanuary 19, 2018
Overall, working for the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater was a good experience. For the student workers, which included myself, they matched the work schedule to fit around the students' college classes. Also, laughter was acceptable in the work place as long as the work was getting done efficiently.
Pros
Snacks in the breakroom
Cons
Competitive with nearby departments
Challenging
RESEARCH METHODS INSTRUCTOR/Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIJanuary 18, 2018
I was a Teachers Aide for Research Methods. I taught manual Statistics. I attended class and assisted the Professor with questions about the students research projects.
Pros
I learned alot.
Cons
Long hous at times.
Student research and resident assistant
Student-Faculty Research (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 17, 2018
Both were good positions and I helped me to develop a lot. I wold recommend being a resident assistant to anyone who is a student. It helps cover tuition and is also pretty fun. Research wasn't payed but I gained valuable experience.
Needed for work study
Concessions/Event worker (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIJanuary 17, 2018
Good place to fulfill work-study. The management was kind and easy on schooling schedules. Laid back work that doesn't require too much physical labor.
Pros
free food
Cons
low wage
wisconsin is ok
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 16, 2018
I enjoy working at University of Wisconsin. Wisconsin is a nice place to be, there are good people, good places, good animals, good fish and lots of natural beautify in all ways.
Respectful and collaborative work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 15, 2018
The University of Wisconsin offers a collaborative work environment where all individuals ideas are treated with respect and considered in the pursuit of specified project objectives.
ReviewGra
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 12, 2018
Great place to work and learn. The staff is great and always willing to help you out with any questions you may have. Would highly recommend for work or academics.
Excellent Learning Opportunity
Athletic Communications Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 12, 2018
Hands-on experience in the job that pays off in the real world. A collaborative work environment that teaches as you perform the tasks assigned to the job.
Great jobs for students
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 11, 2018
Working at the university was both beneficial and relaxing because the university is so willing to accommodate students with busy schedules. Hours are based around the time that students have to work.
Pros
Right at the univesity
Poor communication
Assistant Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 10, 2018
The communication at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee is very poor between supervisors and workers. Often we can be told to do two different activties by the assistant supervisor and supervisor.
Produtive
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJanuary 10, 2018
Worked with children and there parents. Helped get the lunches out for the different classrooms and cleaning it up at the end of it. Took payments from the parents and than taking the payments to the payment office.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
N/a
School research job grant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 10, 2018
I ran the scanning electron microscope for the physics and materals engineering departments and I had my own research grant involing thin films. It was all about learning
Pros
Great learning experence
Cons
low wages
Good Safety Culture
EH&S Technician (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIJanuary 9, 2018
Everyone was happy to help contribute to a good safety culture and the benefits were obvious. Many times I was surprised to find how effective the EHS department was at connecting with employees and working towards the betterment of on the job safety.
Solid place to work
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 8, 2018
It all depends on where you are working and who for. The campus is large with many different departments. Some offices on campus are well run some aren't.
challenging environment
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 5, 2018
Very challenging primarily due to under funding and political objectives of management. Not diverse environment.
Other opportunities with different departments a plus.
Team based enviorment
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 4, 2018
In the residential advisor position, the biggest area of concern is being able to communicate and interact in a productive manor with one's co-workers. I appreciated the team bonding that we all had while on and off the job and I think that it benefited to a stronger work ethic.
Pros
Free room and board and meal plan
Cons
Being on call all night on certain days
Worked mainly with college students
Assistant Manager Residential Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 3, 2018
Overall, it was a rewarding job. Much of the management of the department was conducted by students and we were there to assist and back them up when needed.
Fast paced
Intramural Sports Official (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 3, 2018
Clock in and set up the court/area where the games were
Collect all necessary info and then start the game
learned how to be more strict and demanding
relaxed and very friendly people
University of Wisconsin- La Crosse is a great place for growth and opportunity.
Student Organizations Specialist (Former Employee) –  University CentersJanuary 3, 2018
The University of Wisconsin- La Crosse is a place where students can look for employment while attending school. UWL offers plenty of opportunity for all students who are interested. From University Centers to Admissions and everywhere in between, students are encouraged to find involvement.

Management is very supportive and recognizes the work-life-school balance that students carry. The culture is open, inviting, and welcoming to all students.

The most enjoyable part of working on campus in assisting with student needs and collaboration with peers.

Work can be tedious but is worth every penny.
Pros
Flexible, Inviting, close to home and school, Great Management
Cons
Governemnt Wages, Limited Hours