University of Wisconsin

University of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee), CSHPJune 22, 2015
Nice place to work, challenging, can be fast paced, rarely dull. There is a chance for advancement. Good co-workers, and environment.
limited opportunities for advancement
Instructional Specialist (Former Employee), Rock CountyJune 12, 2015
The enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. The hardest was to have high expectation while the pay was not very good.
Managment does not treat employees well
FRONT OFFICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 2, 2015
I worked at our schools Marketing department for almost a year and a half and felt that no one was treated fairly. Our boss played favorites and if you were not one of them you could expect to need to be doing all the grunt work. They overhired and then needed to compensate for that error by firing people over insuffiecnt reasons.
Academic proficiencies
Geosciences Graduate Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 28, 2015
Pros: Corporate culture
Cons: personal leadership
The State of Wisconsin throughout the state wide system has a very supportive system. The administrative culture is professional and amicable. The hardest part of the Job was requiring students and coworkers to maintain integrity at all aspects of comportment on or off campus. Interestingly this was also my favorite part of the job since afore mentioned challenge came with a higher degree of social discourse.
Fun team environment
River Falls Hockey Team Member (Current Employee), River Falls, WIMay 26, 2015
Team building, fast-paced competitive environment which allowed me to pursue and excel both on and off the ice. Great learning experience.
Very social job with great residents
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIMay 19, 2015
Pros: No prior experience required
Cons: Minimum Wage
This job is mostly to assist residents in the hall or provide them access to things such as equipment, computer cards, or pizza.
Typical Graduate Student Life
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIMay 18, 2015
A nice place to spend five years for graduate school. The engineering department is very good. It has sounded like a pretty standard graduate experience.
Great working environment, with great support from supervisor.
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIMay 14, 2015
A typical day at work was doing outreach for middle school to high school sports.

I learned a lot about the typical injuries related to hockey.

The supervisor of the graduate assistant program was great!

My co-workers were great people to work with.

The hardest part of the job was juggling school with work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with then student athletes and getting them back to playing their sport.
Very laid back, flexible hours for students
Webmaster (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIMay 13, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low pay
Very laid back environment, and very student oriented. They will work with almost any schedule, even if that only means 5-10 hours per week. Low pay, but good people and very flexible
Poorly managed undergraduate program
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 20, 2015
Worst place for a professional to work. Very unprofessional leaders in this workplace. Faculty lacks up to date nursing experiences. Most teacher degrade students instead of helping them. This is definitely the place where those who cannot "do","teach" and worse those who cannot manage , direct
UWM is a good college to gain a good academic and work experiences.
Teaching assistant (Group Study Leader) (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 18, 2015
I am really pleased to have my Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering degree from University of Wisconsin Milwaukee.I have learned different kinds of skills and techniques in the field of engineering. I believe that I have acquired enough academic background, skills and technical abilities related to Designing, layout, schematic, Testing, Electronics, Power, Energy. In addition, I have further developed my problem solving and analytic skills. University of Wisconsin Milwaukee (UWM) is a good college to gain a good academic and work experiences.
Productive and fun work place with peers and co-eds
Lead Worker / Intramural Referee / Events Staff (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 14, 2015
Started in operations, after 9 months, I was promoted to lead worker. My managers were happy with my performance so they asked if I'd help promote intramurals, which lead to refereeing intramurals, which led to them wanting me to work special events. The opportunities were almost endless.

Almost on a day to day basis I had to pick up coworkers slack and irresponsibilities. Not my most favorite part of the day but as time went on, I started to expect it.

Throughout a day lead working, I had to deal with numerous patrons on my own and had to organize my priorities as I helped patrons. Everyday tested and also improved my multitasking skills.

I learned how to interact better with customers, treat them with respect even if they were disrespecting me; maintaining my cool under a lot of pressure; and handling situations with responsibility and ordinance.
Fun atmosphere, can be fast paced
Custodian (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 1, 2015
Banquet set up is an awesome job. You get to display some creativity as well as witness some. And be apart of some historical events. Pay is well deserved and they feed you breakfast and dinner.
IS Technology Service Professional (Former Employee), Superior, WIMarch 31, 2015
Training is the key to success and what ever I was granted. Pay scale needs to be adjusted to better align with the other UW's.
I miss it.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), wisconsinMarch 30, 2015
I think about this job often because I learned most of my skills here. The doctors were great and give me a lot of insight.I learned how to adapt emergence situations anything from drawing up medication stat and heart attacks
Good place to work and feel valued
Assistant Researcher (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 24, 2015
The environment was excellent, I just missed home. They do tend to not pay the best, but if you are looking for stability and good work life balance than this is the place for you.
Great job while in school
Whitewater Project Assist (Former Employee), Whitewater, WIMarch 22, 2015
Help students with disabilities understand their homework better and help develop study skills. It is important to time mange and give yourself extra time during a session if need be.
I,m a hard working person
Custodial (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 17, 2015
Pros: we have a 2 break times
Cons: supervisors are not good
A day of work is cleaning a whole apartment unity , i learn to be a professional cleaning person,management are good ,co-workers are good, the hardest part of my job is in winter time because we shoveling snow outside for like 3 or 4 hours, and the most enjoyable part of my job is the benefit , the benefit are really goods , they pay me vacations days, holidays, personal holidays and sick times.
fun workplace
Custodian (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 14, 2015
Enjoyed the work experience. Learning to use the different machines was fun and became useful in the future. I got a chance to meet many different people. I enjoyed the comments from the professors in my building from an assignment well done.
Excellent department staff
Graduate Assistant - Accounting (Current Employee), La Crosse, WIMarch 7, 2015
I am currently working as a part-time Graduate Assistant in the Accounting department. Most of my time is spent researching scholar articles online and finding resources and material that professors need to write journals and case studies. The work environment is very relaxed and friendly as everyone in the department communicates with each other. I had to research and gather material about "fraud in financial institutions" an accounting course that was required by the professor to teach during the semester. Researching on this specific topic was one of the best part of the job as I found very interesting cases. Contacting auditors and internal auditors of nearby banks and discussing about issues such as "how fraud can be prevented" was a learning experience.
Moreover, It was very pleasing to creatively come up with ideas and plans to assist professor with the course syllabus design.

1 2 3 4 5