University of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

Student housing
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIOctober 20, 2017
I enjoyed the helpful nature of resident housing staff. Working with young students to succeed with not only their studies but with social situations.
Fun and exciting
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 19, 2017
If you like sports, this is the hot setup. The manager was awesome, met new people all the time. Fun, light atmosphere. Always changing projects. Could move around campus freely.
UW-Madison
University Services Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 17, 2017
The job is good, the culture is great, but the pay for the amount of work is underwhelming. The benefits and the vacation is great but the low pay rate overshadows everything.
Pros
benefits and vacation
Cons
low pay
Fun and productive
Member (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIOctober 16, 2017
During my time at the campus, I worked at the Library and had lots of fun while doing it. It was a good second job while attending school and the hours fit right in with already existing school hours and other work hours,
Pros
Knowledge of the library
Cons
Limited hours
Enjoyable place to work
Student Development Representative Trainer (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIOctober 15, 2017
I received many wonderful experiences from this job. I enjoyed the people I worked with and my bosses. What I did at this job increased my marketability to other places
Very little work for very little pay
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 15, 2017
Inconsistent hours, most instructors stuck in the past leaving students to try and teach themselves to achieve their goals. That said, even when I took 6 classes in one semester I still managed to have a small income to supplement student loan backup which did help.
Great place to work, great benefits, limited advancement
Senior Information Processing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 12, 2017
Great place to work, great culture, great benefits, lots of vacation, limited advancement opportunities, difficult to secure industry standard wage or anything close, state government is currently at war with public education system.
Had a good career there
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 11, 2017
I worked for the university more than 10 years, received several promotions, and had a very good relationship with my managers, co-workers, and clients.
Pros
job security
Wonderful place to work
Graduate Assistant-Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIOctober 10, 2017
I love Center for Students with Disabilities. Everyone is so nice and pleasant to be around. I really do enjoy my position here and I will be sad when I leave.
Market Researcher (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIOctober 10, 2017
Great people, benefits and a dynamic team culture. Lots of room for creativity and innovation. Most enjoyable part of job is collaborating with other departments.
Great Student Job
Student Custodian Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIOctober 9, 2017
I started out at the bottom of the ladder at this place and worked my way up with a promotion roughly each year I was there. It provided very flexible hours for a full time student.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits for student employments
Excellent place to work at.
Student Grant Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 8, 2017
Research Specialist: Conducting research on energy use & food waste generation by UW-Milwaukee Campus using STARS (Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System) program framework in order to increase sustainability in the university.
I work in a stressful office.
Test Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIOctober 8, 2017
I care not to say anything poor about my current position. I love want I do even though stress, it is a very rewarding job. You need to multi task and be able to change on a dime.
work life
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 6, 2017
patient care is moderate and place is not well managed as per guidelines. Lot of new things without training come up. patient care enforced without equipment.
Good benefits, management and employees resistant to organizational changes
HR Professional (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 5, 2017
No typical work day. Some Sr. management & employees resistant to organizational changes making it difficult to improve processes. Stressed employees.
Pros
Health benefits, discounts
Cons
High employee turnover, overworked employees
Excellent.
Lecturer, Teaching and Research Assistant. (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 4, 2017
I had received my PhD and accepted a teaching position at the University of North Dakota. Before enrolling at PhD program at UM-M I was teaching at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and at Marquette University in Milwaukee.
Great work environment
Instructional Design Assistant (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WIOctober 4, 2017
Great place. I enjoyed working there. I learned a lot. The people are helpful and willing to share their knowledge. I would recommend other people working here.
Mail Room
Shipping and Mailing Associate - Advanced (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 3, 2017
Sort mail until 8 am. Grab a mail cart. Place all bags and boxes into cart. Bring vechicles from back parking lot to bay door. Load carts into vechicles then drive to campus. Deliver all mail to departments, and pick up out going mail. Bring back all out going mail. Sort out out going mail. Continue sorting mail into bags.
Pros
Set hours and breaks
Cons
Too many fights as to which job was easier
Strong Nurse Residency Program
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 3, 2017
Great place to start your nursing career.
Nurses have access to many resources.
There is access to education and certifications in your specialty.
It is the main trauma center for the state of Wisconsin.
Good Planner Skill
Diversity Event Intern (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIOctober 2, 2017
Being an intern at diversity division of career and leadership development department is a good start for individual who enjoy doing event planning. The individual will learn on how to contact speaker, arrange the accommodation, and plan the event- including budgeting.