University of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

Great open atmosphere for work
Artist/Student (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJune 20, 2017
Working at the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point, was an overall great open experience. They always accommodated my school schedule and made room for me to come in around my classes.
I learned a lot of Process camera ready art, learned to make film positives and negatives. Learned to type set using the Compugraphic 9200, which we used for our fonts.
Pros
Flexible times
Cons
No benefits offered, or overtime.
Knowledgeable experience
Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJune 11, 2017
A typical day at work involved me tutoring college students on the subject of general chemistry. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching others about a subject I was passionate about. The hardest part of the job was maintaining patience with the students' individual competency levels. Some students were more proficient at learning the subject than others and I had to be more patient with the students who were struggling.
Pros
Helping others learn, flexible hours
Professional Trusting Workplace
Instrument Maker (Former Employee) –  Madison WIJune 6, 2017
Relaxed work schedule with periods of panic deadlines.

Able to manage a one man shop and set start and stop times. Able to accept additional duties.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Slow to respond buracracy
I love this University
Historian (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 6, 2017
Nothing but positive feedback. Whenever I worked and work with anyone at the University of Wisconsin — Madison I am always smiling. Wonderful people with huge hearts. #onwisconsin
Stimulating educational workplace
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 31, 2017
At the University of Wisconsin I coordinated instructional workshops and recruited teachers throughout the country.
The typical day was mostly working on the computer and phone. The management was acceptable as it is a University and provided a stimulating environment.
Pros
stimulating environment
Cons
low pay, no ablity to be promoted
A place to grow
Student Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 30, 2017
University of Wisconsin Madison is one of the biggest employers in the city of Madison, Wisconsin and southern Wisconsin. There are a variety of positions and careers options, and space to grow in your field.
Pros
Excellente University
Cons
Budget cuts
Great Place to Work
IS Specialist (Production Scheduler) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 30, 2017
Overall, it is a really great place to work.

I love UWM for many reasons. Primarily, UWM is in line with my values - I place a high value on learning and the inquisitive intellect, and I also place high values on cultural inclusivity and human rights as well as on environmental sustainability, It is important to me to feel that my work has meaning, perhaps not in and of itself, but by being in support of an organization whose overall purpose has meaning to me, and UWM does represent my core values.

UWM is also just a great place to work. The benefits are great and the people are wonderful.
Pros
benefits, culture, people
Great place to be a student athlete
Camp leader (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 29, 2017
A typical day in a student athletes life would be waking up early in the morning to have either an individual or team workout. Following, would be the start to one's day with either class or work hours that go towards your degree. In the mist of attending class and work outs, homework, social life and relaxation would be tended to. Personally, a job was not possible because of the demanding hours of basketball. With that being said, coach allowed us to work basketball camps which led to us being paid, along with money our scholarship benefited us with. The most enjoyable part of my experience at UW-Milwaukee was meeting new people and making memories with so many different people.
Pros
free lunch
Great place to work!
Telefund Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 28, 2017
I enjoy working at the Telefund at the University of Wisconsin. Very supportive staff. Great incentives to reach your goal of funding the Excellence Fund.
a once-great university
Science (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 2, 2017
UW used to be at the top of all of the "best of" lists. But since the Gov began actively dismantling the system, it has fallen from all of these lists.

Take a good hard look...
Work and Family Balance
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 21, 2017
I like Challenges and finding the solutions
Learning new skills and improving on present skills should be the part of job.
Like to be a team player, and keep myself busy with work and challeges.
Pros
Family Picnics
Great school!
Project/Portfolio Manager-HRS (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 19, 2017
I recommend working at UW! I enjoyed the UW environment, great to be around youth. Very good co-workers. Need some changes with leadership team. More collaborative and supportive leadership would be great.
great
Student (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 6, 2017
This is a great school. Many choices of stuidies to pick from. The enviroment is very good and the staff is very friendly. Very good place to live and stufy
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 30, 2017
The University of Wisconsin - Green Bay is a great place to work if you like to be work in a team atmosphere. In this job, you will learn new things everyday about the fascinating world of college athletics.
Great
Student Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMarch 25, 2017
Loved my job at UWSP. I was a Student Operations Manager and dealt with many situations and people. The hardest part of the job was making sure everyone was trained correctly and making sure my operations was up and running with enough staff.
good fun place to work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 16, 2017
this is a good place to work. the people are nice. the office is nice. the management is good. i just need to get twenty words in this section so i can be done.
Great Learning Experience
DANCE CAPTAIN / SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 15, 2017
The university makes it easy to find some outlet to engage your many interests. There are so many opportunities to take advantage of.
Empresa flexível e dinâmica
Estagiário (Former Employee) –  Madison, EUAJanuary 26, 2017
Principais atividades exercidas:
-Computação de colisões na faixa mediana para colocação de futuros guardrails;
-Desenho geométrico e texturização de estruturas para simulador de direção;
-Coleta de dados locais de tráfego
Positive environment
Continuing Education French Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 19, 2017
Enjoyed working with administrators and students. Great opportunity to grow as a worker. Nice workplace.The pay is great and the tools needed to perform well are provided.
Typical college job
Platteville Student Support Services (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIJanuary 18, 2017
Found myself enjoying my coworkers more than my job. There is flexible scheduling, but it depends largely on where you work. I was part of dining services, and only certain areas would let you opt out of finals week. Pay is minimal, barely over minimum wage at starting (there are raises...). Didn't need an interview, just walked in and was hired.
Pros
convenient, easy to get in
Cons
pay, whipping boy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Wisconsin. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3