University of Wisconsin

University of Wisconsin Employer Reviews

I miss it.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), wisconsinMarch 30, 2015
I think about this job often because I learned most of my skills here. The doctors were great and give me a lot of insight.I learned how to adapt emergence situations anything from drawing up medication stat and heart attacks
Good place to work and feel valued
Assistant Researcher (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 24, 2015
The environment was excellent, I just missed home. They do tend to not pay the best, but if you are looking for stability and good work life balance than this is the place for you.
Great job while in school
Whitewater Project Assist (Former Employee), Whitewater, WIMarch 22, 2015
Help students with disabilities understand their homework better and help develop study skills. It is important to time mange and give yourself extra time during a session if need be.
fun workplace
Custodian (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 14, 2015
Enjoyed the work experience. Learning to use the different machines was fun and became useful in the future. I got a chance to meet many different people. I enjoyed the comments from the professors in my building from an assignment well done.
Excellent department staff
Graduate Assistant - Accounting (Current Employee), La Crosse, WIMarch 7, 2015
I am currently working as a part-time Graduate Assistant in the Accounting department. Most of my time is spent researching scholar articles online and finding resources and material that professors need to write journals and case studies. The work environment is very relaxed and friendly as everyone in the department communicates with each other. I had to research and gather material about "fraud in financial institutions" an accounting course that was required by the professor to teach during the semester. Researching on this specific topic was one of the best part of the job as I found very interesting cases. Contacting auditors and internal auditors of nearby banks and discussing about issues such as "how fraud can be prevented" was a learning experience.
Moreover, It was very pleasing to creatively come up with ideas and plans to assist professor with the course syllabus design.
Former employee
Lecturer/Head Volleyball Coach (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great city
Cons: low salary
Great city and university for families! Difficult to advance and no raises available making it tough considering all of the time spent.
Fun place to work since it involved sports
Athletic Event Worker (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIMarch 6, 2015
I greatly enjoy sports, so this was a great job for me. I worked in the press box at the stadium and served food to all the people who were there. I also worked the concession stands at soccer games, and usually worked alone since there wasn't really a big crowd.
Amazing
Facility Supervisor (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 23, 2015
Amazing experience working for the University of Wisconsin. Was a great position to work while also being a student with the University.
Volunteer work through the UWGB at the local Salvation Army
VITA Volunteer (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 20, 2015
This was a great opportunity to learn the logistics of individual income tax. I had the opportunity to serve and file tax returns for numerous different people, each with their own unique situation. This allowed for greater understanding and use of the Tax Code.
Productive place and lot of opportunities to learn new things
Web and Data Technician, (Current Employee), Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE)February 12, 2015
Pros: informative and pleasant
The day starts with amazing treats. Making the rest of the day pass by in a happy and joyful mood. People know each other and interact often to achieve the over all goal of the university.
Senior Imaging Consultant & Instructor
Senior Imaging Consultant & Instructor (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 9, 2015
Working with sponsors to certify & organize qualified sites for quality research results. The culture is multi-cultural, supportive of research.
Fun atmosphere and professional coworkers
Team Member (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 9, 2015
I got to be outside all day, talk to people at the beach and get a tan at the same time! Learned a lot about equipment and how things work
Productive & Progressive
Associate Dean/Associate Director (Former Employee), MadisonFebruary 6, 2015
Amazing place to work! Productive and Progressive environment to work in! Enjoyed my time here and enjoyed the people!
College School
Radio Announcer (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: learned an education
Cons: not hands on enough
Classes were too big.
Not enough 1on1 time.
This was a four year college.
I did love working and volunteering in the radio station
A very good work place with good library and lab facilities
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 1, 2015
I like computer programming and like to teach as well. I like to encourage new student to explore the fun of computer programming.
Great School
Community Advisor (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIJanuary 26, 2015
I loved going to school at UWSP. I never had any issues, and enjoyed every second spent there.
Graduate teaching assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 26, 2015
Teached 2 sections, 3 hours each.
Graded for all students
Prepared questionnaire for assignment
Assured safety of students
Internship
Intern (Former Employee), Madison, WisconsinJanuary 22, 2015
The program at the University of Wisconsin is amazing and I learned so much working with those coaches and athletes. I worked with athletes and formed the strength and conditioning program with Head Coach Evan Simon. Evan now works for the University of Oregon State.
The professors are top notch!
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIDecember 30, 2014
I have worked with a number of people here including professors, extension, graduate students, and undergraduate students. Everyone is so nice and helpful and the atmosphere is always fun!

Typical days during the summer were long hours of intense field work from counting corn rows to sampling soil and plants.

In the lab it was usually soil or plant grinding and then other preparations for nutrient analysis.
Loved working at UWM. Learned a lot from staff and students.
Drawing/figure Drawing Instructor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 29, 2014
Pros: being part of such a young, ever-changing environment that was full of energy.
Cons: took the job knowing that it would not be a permanent position. healthcare was not an option.
Being in front of a group as the main focus in a classroom was at first a nerve-racking experience, but in time my insides did calm down a bit. The students were interesting and devoted participants in class. Management did not look over your shoulders, but did give you guidelines and answered questions when asked. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing first-day drawings and comparing them to drawings throughout the semester, which was very rewarding for the students and myself.

1 2 3 4 5