University of Wisconsin

University of Wisconsin United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place with peers and co-eds
Lead Worker / Intramural Referee / Events Staff (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 14, 2015
Started in operations, after 9 months, I was promoted to lead worker. My managers were happy with my performance so they asked if I'd help promote intramurals, which lead to refereeing intramurals, which led to them wanting me to work special events. The opportunities were almost endless.

Almost on a day to day basis I had to pick up coworkers slack and irresponsibilities. Not my most favorite part of the day but as time went on, I started to expect it.

Throughout a day lead working, I had to deal with numerous patrons on my own and had to organize my priorities as I helped patrons. Everyday tested and also improved my multitasking skills.

I learned how to interact better with customers, treat them with respect even if they were disrespecting me; maintaining my cool under a lot of pressure; and handling situations with responsibility and ordinance.
Fun atmosphere, can be fast paced
Custodian (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 1, 2015
Banquet set up is an awesome job. You get to display some creativity as well as witness some. And be apart of some historical events. Pay is well deserved and they feed you breakfast and dinner.
IS Technology Service Professional (Former Employee), Superior, WIMarch 31, 2015
Training is the key to success and what ever I was granted. Pay scale needs to be adjusted to better align with the other UW's.
I miss it.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), wisconsinMarch 30, 2015
I think about this job often because I learned most of my skills here. The doctors were great and give me a lot of insight.I learned how to adapt emergence situations anything from drawing up medication stat and heart attacks
Good place to work and feel valued
Assistant Researcher (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 24, 2015
The environment was excellent, I just missed home. They do tend to not pay the best, but if you are looking for stability and good work life balance than this is the place for you.
Great job while in school
Whitewater Project Assist (Former Employee), Whitewater, WIMarch 22, 2015
Help students with disabilities understand their homework better and help develop study skills. It is important to time mange and give yourself extra time during a session if need be.
I,m a hard working person
Custodial (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 17, 2015
Pros: we have a 2 break times
Cons: supervisors are not good
A day of work is cleaning a whole apartment unity , i learn to be a professional cleaning person,management are good ,co-workers are good, the hardest part of my job is in winter time because we shoveling snow outside for like 3 or 4 hours, and the most enjoyable part of my job is the benefit , the benefit are really goods , they pay me vacations days, holidays, personal holidays and sick times.
fun workplace
Custodian (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 14, 2015
Enjoyed the work experience. Learning to use the different machines was fun and became useful in the future. I got a chance to meet many different people. I enjoyed the comments from the professors in my building from an assignment well done.
Excellent department staff
Graduate Assistant - Accounting (Current Employee), La Crosse, WIMarch 7, 2015
I am currently working as a part-time Graduate Assistant in the Accounting department. Most of my time is spent researching scholar articles online and finding resources and material that professors need to write journals and case studies. The work environment is very relaxed and friendly as everyone in the department communicates with each other. I had to research and gather material about "fraud in financial institutions" an accounting course that was required by the professor to teach during the semester. Researching on this specific topic was one of the best part of the job as I found very interesting cases. Contacting auditors and internal auditors of nearby banks and discussing about issues such as "how fraud can be prevented" was a learning experience.
Moreover, It was very pleasing to creatively come up with ideas and plans to assist professor with the course syllabus design.
Former employee
Lecturer/Head Volleyball Coach (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great city
Cons: low salary
Great city and university for families! Difficult to advance and no raises available making it tough considering all of the time spent.
Fun place to work since it involved sports
Athletic Event Worker (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIMarch 6, 2015
I greatly enjoy sports, so this was a great job for me. I worked in the press box at the stadium and served food to all the people who were there. I also worked the concession stands at soccer games, and usually worked alone since there wasn't really a big crowd.
Amazing
Facility Supervisor (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 23, 2015
Amazing experience working for the University of Wisconsin. Was a great position to work while also being a student with the University.
Volunteer work through the UWGB at the local Salvation Army
VITA Volunteer (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 20, 2015
This was a great opportunity to learn the logistics of individual income tax. I had the opportunity to serve and file tax returns for numerous different people, each with their own unique situation. This allowed for greater understanding and use of the Tax Code.
Productive place and lot of opportunities to learn new things
Web and Data Technician, (Current Employee), Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE)February 12, 2015
Pros: informative and pleasant
The day starts with amazing treats. Making the rest of the day pass by in a happy and joyful mood. People know each other and interact often to achieve the over all goal of the university.
Senior Imaging Consultant & Instructor
Senior Imaging Consultant & Instructor (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 9, 2015
Working with sponsors to certify & organize qualified sites for quality research results. The culture is multi-cultural, supportive of research.
Fun atmosphere and professional coworkers
Team Member (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 9, 2015
I got to be outside all day, talk to people at the beach and get a tan at the same time! Learned a lot about equipment and how things work
Productive & Progressive
Associate Dean/Associate Director (Former Employee), MadisonFebruary 6, 2015
Amazing place to work! Productive and Progressive environment to work in! Enjoyed my time here and enjoyed the people!
College School
Radio Announcer (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: learned an education
Cons: not hands on enough
Classes were too big.
Not enough 1on1 time.
This was a four year college.
I did love working and volunteering in the radio station
A very good work place with good library and lab facilities
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 1, 2015
I like computer programming and like to teach as well. I like to encourage new student to explore the fun of computer programming.
Great School
Community Advisor (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIJanuary 26, 2015
I loved going to school at UWSP. I never had any issues, and enjoyed every second spent there.

1 2 3 4 5