University of Wisconsin

University of Wisconsin Employer Reviews

Great School
Community Advisor (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIJanuary 26, 2015
I loved going to school at UWSP. I never had any issues, and enjoyed every second spent there.
Graduate teaching assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 26, 2015
Teached 2 sections, 3 hours each.
Graded for all students
Prepared questionnaire for assignment
Assured safety of students
Internship
Intern (Former Employee), Madison, WisconsinJanuary 22, 2015
The program at the University of Wisconsin is amazing and I learned so much working with those coaches and athletes. I worked with athletes and formed the strength and conditioning program with Head Coach Evan Simon. Evan now works for the University of Oregon State.
The professors are top notch!
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIDecember 30, 2014
I have worked with a number of people here including professors, extension, graduate students, and undergraduate students. Everyone is so nice and helpful and the atmosphere is always fun!

Typical days during the summer were long hours of intense field work from counting corn rows to sampling soil and plants.

In the lab it was usually soil or plant grinding and then other preparations for nutrient analysis.
Loved working at UWM. Learned a lot from staff and students.
Drawing/figure Drawing Instructor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 29, 2014
Pros: being part of such a young, ever-changing environment that was full of energy.
Cons: took the job knowing that it would not be a permanent position. healthcare was not an option.
Being in front of a group as the main focus in a classroom was at first a nerve-racking experience, but in time my insides did calm down a bit. The students were interesting and devoted participants in class. Management did not look over your shoulders, but did give you guidelines and answered questions when asked. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing first-day drawings and comparing them to drawings throughout the semester, which was very rewarding for the students and myself.
Veterans Educational Services Peer Adviser (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIDecember 19, 2014
Fellow employees were hard-working and the management was great.
Offers great flexibility to students, good work environment, minimum wage
Diversity Networking Program - Outreach Intern (Current Employee), Whitewater, WINovember 22, 2014
Pros: activities and events, work environment
Cons: minimum wage, little room for advancement
I enjoy working as an intern in Career and Leadership Development. We receive a fixed salary for the whole semester and depending of the work flow, some weeks interns work less than the minimum 13 per week, and other times it is the opposite. Every team has weekly staff meetings to review individual progresses. There is a monthly intern session which serves as a team building exercise. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be part of a department that offers tools and opportunities for students to develop professional skills and connect with potential employers.
Outstanding learning institution.
PhD Dissertator and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WINovember 18, 2014
I have received the highest level of training, instruction, and experience. The College of Education provides students with assistance and support throughout their educational experience and beyond. Perhaps that is why the University of Wisconsin-Madison's Rehabilitation Program is the best in the United States, if not the world.
Workplace is good
Research Associate (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 13, 2014
Work environment is good, typical day starts with working with students and helping them, I have learnt lot about asphalt research.
Team oriented, novel and creative research environment
Research Engineer (Current Employee), Madison, WINovember 6, 2014
Different projects and people to work on/with every day. Team oriented environment allowing individuals skills to shine.
electrician
Master Electrician (Current Employee), Whitewater, WINovember 4, 2014
Pros: coworkers, pay
Cons: advancement
maintenance electrical repairs
additions
renovations
door controls and openers (handicap access)
firealarm
low voltage
Fun and Creative Environment
American Indian Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 4, 2014
It was an LTE position that unfortunately came to an end. I enjoyed my supervisors, co-workers, and the students I supported. Every day was new, dynamic, and exciting.
Productive and fun work environment
Water Technician (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: inconsistent work
Great place to work, got a lot accomplished, and had fun doing it.
Good experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Platteville, WIOctober 7, 2014
Great place to work while in college. Learn lots of applicable skills.
Creative student development department
Sales & Marketing Coordinator - Union Marketing (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 6, 2014
The Sales and Marketing Coordinator works with a vibrant student staff which includes account managers, social media coordinator and copywriters and designers. The focus is to coach and mentor the account team in order fulfillment and client interactions.
Goods and bads, just like any job
Academic Department Associate (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIOctober 5, 2014
Pros: okay place to work
Cons: some teachers will treat you like dirt if you are in a 'helping' position (secretary, maintenance, housekeeping, etc).
You'll meet some really great people, and you'll meet some really arrogant people that won't give you the time of day.
Advancement is slim. If you get hired, you'll probably be stuck in that position until you quit or retire.
Pay was decent, but for the job I was in it should have been a couple $ more an hour. All 'similar' jobs are not the same. I had the same title as many others but did 3x the work!
Good for grad school
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 29, 2014
I had both 50% and 75%. It was good, although I was not making as much as my friends in industry.
Process applications
University Services Associate I (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 26, 2014
Cons: tedious work
They will terminate your employment if you attend funerals that are close together. It was like I planned on two close relatives die within two weeks of each other and chose to take days off within the limits of posted work rules.
Good school to go for engineering degree
Data Entry (Student Help) (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 23, 2014
Really good school to get a degree. Tough and challanging course.
Awesome work environment in athletic seting
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee), Madison, WISeptember 16, 2014
Pros: tickets to sporting events, gear
Cons: working on weekends, pay
I got to work with athletes on campus while getting my masters degree. I learned about injuries as well as developing professional relationships with co-workers, coaches, students and administration.

1 2 3 4 5