University of Wisconsin

University of Wisconsin Employer Reviews

Amazing
Facility Supervisor (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 23, 2015
Amazing experience working for the University of Wisconsin. Was a great position to work while also being a student with the University.
Volunteer work through the UWGB at the local Salvation Army
VITA Volunteer (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 20, 2015
This was a great opportunity to learn the logistics of individual income tax. I had the opportunity to serve and file tax returns for numerous different people, each with their own unique situation. This allowed for greater understanding and use of the Tax Code.
Productive place and lot of opportunities to learn new things
Web and Data Technician, (Current Employee), Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE)February 12, 2015
Pros: informative and pleasant
The day starts with amazing treats. Making the rest of the day pass by in a happy and joyful mood. People know each other and interact often to achieve the over all goal of the university.
Senior Imaging Consultant & Instructor
Senior Imaging Consultant & Instructor (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 9, 2015
Working with sponsors to certify & organize qualified sites for quality research results. The culture is multi-cultural, supportive of research.
Fun atmosphere and professional coworkers
Team Member (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 9, 2015
I got to be outside all day, talk to people at the beach and get a tan at the same time! Learned a lot about equipment and how things work
Productive & Progressive
Associate Dean/Associate Director (Former Employee), MadisonFebruary 6, 2015
Amazing place to work! Productive and Progressive environment to work in! Enjoyed my time here and enjoyed the people!
College School
Radio Announcer (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: learned an education
Cons: not hands on enough
Classes were too big.
Not enough 1on1 time.
This was a four year college.
I did love working and volunteering in the radio station
A very good work place with good library and lab facilities
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 1, 2015
I like computer programming and like to teach as well. I like to encourage new student to explore the fun of computer programming.
Great School
Community Advisor (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIJanuary 26, 2015
I loved going to school at UWSP. I never had any issues, and enjoyed every second spent there.
Graduate teaching assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 26, 2015
Teached 2 sections, 3 hours each.
Graded for all students
Prepared questionnaire for assignment
Assured safety of students
Internship
Intern (Former Employee), Madison, WisconsinJanuary 22, 2015
The program at the University of Wisconsin is amazing and I learned so much working with those coaches and athletes. I worked with athletes and formed the strength and conditioning program with Head Coach Evan Simon. Evan now works for the University of Oregon State.
The professors are top notch!
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIDecember 30, 2014
I have worked with a number of people here including professors, extension, graduate students, and undergraduate students. Everyone is so nice and helpful and the atmosphere is always fun!

Typical days during the summer were long hours of intense field work from counting corn rows to sampling soil and plants.

In the lab it was usually soil or plant grinding and then other preparations for nutrient analysis.
Loved working at UWM. Learned a lot from staff and students.
Drawing/figure Drawing Instructor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 29, 2014
Pros: being part of such a young, ever-changing environment that was full of energy.
Cons: took the job knowing that it would not be a permanent position. healthcare was not an option.
Being in front of a group as the main focus in a classroom was at first a nerve-racking experience, but in time my insides did calm down a bit. The students were interesting and devoted participants in class. Management did not look over your shoulders, but did give you guidelines and answered questions when asked. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing first-day drawings and comparing them to drawings throughout the semester, which was very rewarding for the students and myself.
Veterans Educational Services Peer Adviser (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIDecember 19, 2014
Fellow employees were hard-working and the management was great.
Offers great flexibility to students, good work environment, minimum wage
Diversity Networking Program - Outreach Intern (Current Employee), Whitewater, WINovember 22, 2014
Pros: activities and events, work environment
Cons: minimum wage, little room for advancement
I enjoy working as an intern in Career and Leadership Development. We receive a fixed salary for the whole semester and depending of the work flow, some weeks interns work less than the minimum 13 per week, and other times it is the opposite. Every team has weekly staff meetings to review individual progresses. There is a monthly intern session which serves as a team building exercise. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be part of a department that offers tools and opportunities for students to develop professional skills and connect with potential employers.
Outstanding learning institution.
PhD Dissertator and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WINovember 18, 2014
I have received the highest level of training, instruction, and experience. The College of Education provides students with assistance and support throughout their educational experience and beyond. Perhaps that is why the University of Wisconsin-Madison's Rehabilitation Program is the best in the United States, if not the world.
Workplace is good
Research Associate (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 13, 2014
Work environment is good, typical day starts with working with students and helping them, I have learnt lot about asphalt research.
Team oriented, novel and creative research environment
Research Engineer (Current Employee), Madison, WINovember 6, 2014
Different projects and people to work on/with every day. Team oriented environment allowing individuals skills to shine.
electrician
Master Electrician (Current Employee), Whitewater, WINovember 4, 2014
Pros: coworkers, pay
Cons: advancement
maintenance electrical repairs
additions
renovations
door controls and openers (handicap access)
firealarm
low voltage
Fun and Creative Environment
American Indian Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 4, 2014
It was an LTE position that unfortunately came to an end. I enjoyed my supervisors, co-workers, and the students I supported. Every day was new, dynamic, and exciting.

1 2 3 4 5