University of Wisconsin

University of Wisconsin Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work environment
Water Technician (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: inconsistent work
Great place to work, got a lot accomplished, and had fun doing it.
Good experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Platteville, WIOctober 7, 2014
Great place to work while in college. Learn lots of applicable skills.
Creative student development department
Sales & Marketing Coordinator - Union Marketing (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 6, 2014
The Sales and Marketing Coordinator works with a vibrant student staff which includes account managers, social media coordinator and copywriters and designers. The focus is to coach and mentor the account team in order fulfillment and client interactions.
Goods and bads, just like any job
Academic Department Associate (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIOctober 5, 2014
Pros: okay place to work
Cons: some teachers will treat you like dirt if you are in a 'helping' position (secretary, maintenance, housekeeping, etc).
You'll meet some really great people, and you'll meet some really arrogant people that won't give you the time of day.
Advancement is slim. If you get hired, you'll probably be stuck in that position until you quit or retire.
Pay was decent, but for the job I was in it should have been a couple $ more an hour. All 'similar' jobs are not the same. I – more... had the same title as many others but did 3x the work! – less
Good for grad school
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 29, 2014
I had both 50% and 75%. It was good, although I was not making as much as my friends in industry.
Process applications
University Services Associate I (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 26, 2014
Cons: tedious work
They will terminate your employment if you attend funerals that are close together. It was like I planned on two close relatives die within two weeks of each other and chose to take days off within the limits of posted work rules.
Good school to go for engineering degree
Data Entry (Student Help) (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 23, 2014
Really good school to get a degree. Tough and challanging course.
Awesome work environment in athletic seting
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee), Madison, WISeptember 16, 2014
Pros: tickets to sporting events, gear
Cons: working on weekends, pay
I got to work with athletes on campus while getting my masters degree. I learned about injuries as well as developing professional relationships with co-workers, coaches, students and administration.
A great place for the work study program
Philosophy Research Assistant and Logic Tutor (Former Employee), La Crosse, WISeptember 14, 2014
I was part of the work study program and worked in several departments. In all departments the working environment was nice, and I had the opportunity to interact with my fellow students on a daily basis. I enjoyed helping in the Graphic Arts lab, Tutoring, and planning the WPA conference the most. These positions were challenging and fulfilling for – more... me. – less
Stressful Job
Senior Enrichment Staff, Animal Care-staff (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 2, 2014
Excellent management but very demanding job. Largest Con: High responsibility job but pay did not reflect this.
Productive, excellent learning and fun loving research environment
Post-doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Madison, WISeptember 1, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
It is a great exciting start everyday. Everything I do is science for learning and fun. It is difficult to express everything I do here in words. What I like in science, specifically in chemistry, is everything available here. Just enjoying everything here.
Teachers aid
Graduate Associate Instructional Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 25, 2014
Pros: full tuition remission
Cons: poor benefits
• Learned time management of the classroom well at the same time remaining flexible.
• Able to communicate information clearly and concisely to my students
• Was able to control and coordinate groups of individuals
UWWhitewater
Writing Tutor (Former Employee), Whitewater, WIAugust 12, 2014
Loved helping fellow students. Excellent college job. Flexible and fun.
Excellent University
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIAugust 1, 2014
Taught entry levle Latin courses. Loved the academic environment.
Good place to build an academic career
Research Associate (Current Employee), Madison, WIJuly 27, 2014
Good place to build an academic career Good place to build an academic career
UWW-TV is awesome
Executive Staff (Former Employee), Whitewater, WIJuly 21, 2014
Working for UW-Wisconsin was a great experience.

The pay was on the low end but for a part time job that does a great job of accommodating to personal schedules.
Excellent Job for Students
Group Exercise Instructor (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 18, 2014
The group exercise program is a way for students to set their own hours while combining their job with their workout. It is an excellent tool for time management, and the working community is inclusive and encouraging.
UW-Army ROTC Marketing and Communications Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 15, 2014
Usually 8 hours
Learned how to multitask under intense deadlines.
Led several team members
Awesome
Program Management Capstone (Former Employee), Madison, WSJune 27, 2014
great place, you will love it here.
great place, you will love it here. great place, you will love it here.v great place, you will love it here.
Great experience in the research field
Researcher (Former Employee), Superior, WIJune 22, 2014
Pros: great experience, course credits
Cons: short term assignment, unpaid
For this research study, I was in charge of all parts from conception of the idea to completion of the manuscript. I created a research question and hypothesis, set up times for and conducted my experiments, analyzed the data and wrote a manuscript detailing all parts of the study and what was concluded from it. I had a professor overseeing my work – more... and making sure I complied with all the IRB standards. She helped me find answers whenever I had questions and was a great mentor. the most enjoyable part of this job was the completion of the manuscript. Knowing that all my hard work paid off and resulted in something that seemed so daunting to complete at the beginning was a great feeling. The hardest part of this job was thinking of only one thing that I wanted to study that could better the psychological community. I had so many questions that I wanted answers to that it was hard to pick just one. Now I feel more confident about the process of answering more questions and further contributing to the psychological community. – less

1 2 3 4 5