University of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

Work and Family Balance
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 21, 2017
I like Challenges and finding the solutions
Learning new skills and improving on present skills should be the part of job.
Like to be a team player, and keep myself busy with work and challeges.
Pros
Family Picnics
Great school!
Project/Portfolio Manager-HRS (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 19, 2017
I recommend working at UW! I enjoyed the UW environment, great to be around youth. Very good co-workers. Need some changes with leadership team. More collaborative and supportive leadership would be great.
great
Student (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 6, 2017
This is a great school. Many choices of stuidies to pick from. The enviroment is very good and the staff is very friendly. Very good place to live and stufy
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 30, 2017
The University of Wisconsin - Green Bay is a great place to work if you like to be work in a team atmosphere. In this job, you will learn new things everyday about the fascinating world of college athletics.
Great
Student Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMarch 25, 2017
Loved my job at UWSP. I was a Student Operations Manager and dealt with many situations and people. The hardest part of the job was making sure everyone was trained correctly and making sure my operations was up and running with enough staff.
good fun place to work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 16, 2017
this is a good place to work. the people are nice. the office is nice. the management is good. i just need to get twenty words in this section so i can be done.
Great Learning Experience
DANCE CAPTAIN / SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 15, 2017
The university makes it easy to find some outlet to engage your many interests. There are so many opportunities to take advantage of.
Positive environment
Continuing Education French Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 19, 2017
Enjoyed working with administrators and students. Great opportunity to grow as a worker. Nice workplace.The pay is great and the tools needed to perform well are provided.
Typical college job
Platteville Student Support Services (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIJanuary 18, 2017
Found myself enjoying my coworkers more than my job. There is flexible scheduling, but it depends largely on where you work. I was part of dining services, and only certain areas would let you opt out of finals week. Pay is minimal, barely over minimum wage at starting (there are raises...). Didn't need an interview, just walked in and was hired.
Pros
convenient, easy to get in
Cons
pay, whipping boy
Great job. I was heartbroken to leave for a family move.
Senior Landscape Architect, UW Madison (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 14, 2016
This was a terrific position for a terrific organization. I was heartbroken to have to leave after the birth of my daughter for my husband's job.
Pros
Involvement with the new Lakeshore Nature Preserv
Pepper Construction
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIDecember 14, 2016
-Review calendar for the week and day, then determine which job site to inspect
-Inspect job site with supervisor
-Create Safety Power-Points
-Tool box talks
Fast paced work environment
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Superior, WINovember 18, 2016
UWS is a good place to work, fast paced especially when there is events going on, the job is easy and laid back and very low stress.
Communication based position
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 16, 2016
A very good job that tests the skills of students in the operations field. A lot of the duties include team work, cash management, software use, and much more.
Productive environment with co-workers always willing to help you advance
Information Security Office - Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WINovember 14, 2016
As a student, working at UWSP was never a chore. Co-workers were always friendly and willing to give advice whenever I needed it.

Management was pretty uniform across the I.T. Department at UWSP; I was often times assigned multiple different projects that I had almost complete autonomy to work on however I saw fit, with minimal interference.
Good Place to Work
Graduate Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 19, 2016
I have worked on the campus in different positions as a student worker over the past four years and loved every minute. The campus is an easy place to work for. The department that I work for currently is very laid back. It is easy to get along with all of my co-workers. I have learned so much from everyone that I work for. It is a constant learning environment.
Easily Expendable
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 18, 2016
Management is dicey, and takes favorites.

Your social life will cease to exist and you will be on edge and stressed all the time.

When they tell you about the fishbowl its not a lie everyone is always watching.
Pros
Free Housing and Meal Plan
Cons
You will have no social life, no free time, and will never have anyone to hear you out.
High Stress
Assistant Director of Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Kenosha WisconsinOctober 14, 2016
Beautiful campus many of wonderful workers. The university is part of the state system. With state budget cuts to the campus positions were left open and everyone had to do more with less.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Low pay scale hard to find help because of the low wage
Great experience
Program Assistant - Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 28, 2016
Flexible, great people, great experience.There are so many opportunities within the organization if you want to move into a new position. Not to mention that Madison is one of the best cities in the nation!
Joy Global
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 22, 2016
Joy Global Inc. had its beginnings in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. At the time, Milwaukee was a center of industrial machinery manufacturing at the convergence of three rivers entering Lake Michigan. Among the growing number of machinery manufacturing firms in Milwaukee in the 1870s was a struggling firm known as the Whitehill Sewing Machine Company.
fun workplace and friendly managers
Library Assistant Circulator (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WISeptember 19, 2016
As a library assistant circulator, the main target was to help UWL community to check out books and materials, and also helped students to solve all the problems they have about finding books, Make sure to provide any help to the customers in the library.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Wisconsin. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3