University of Wisconsin

University of Wisconsin Employer Reviews

Small Class Sizes
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Platteville, WIMay 1, 2014
Great place to study with small class sizes and very personable professors who are with you for a life-time.
Productive and fun place to work.
Library Staff (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 28, 2014
I really liked it.It was a great experience for me to work there.
A good side job for a college student
Corporate Finance Tutor (Current Employee), Platteville, WIApril 23, 2014
It was fun to help students understand the material better and improve their overall grade.
not a good, secure place to work
CMA- Urology pediatric specialty (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 21, 2014
Pros: good money and benefits
Cons: not a good or fair place to work
Loved working with my patients! especially my kids! Didn't like the employers nor employee structual and fairness.
Fun, goal-oriented environment
Undergraduate Teaching Fellow (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 19, 2014
I co-taught a one credit course within the Center for the First Year Experience. It was an extremely welcoming office, and my coworkers and I bonded very quickly. It is a group dedicated to their mission of providing first year students with resources and the best possible year.
Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Marinette, WIMarch 31, 2014
A very family oriented company.Serving good quality home style food.Exciting company to work for.
Freedom to achieve your best
Campus Photographer (Former Employee), Superior, WIMarch 30, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: pay
You are allowed the freedom to use your creative skills, it was a positive work place with many people collectively working together to be the face and voice of the university. I learned the skill in public relations and marketing.
Laid back, fun place to work
Student Supervisor (Current Employee), Whitewater, WIMarch 25, 2014
Hardest part was trying to earn the money and hit our goals. Some alumni are very hard to convince to help out the university.
Supportive learning environment
Electrical Assistant (Current Employee), Whitewater, WIMarch 12, 2014
Provided me with a place to work and attend school where I made connections, attained skills, and expanded my knowledge of IT systems.
Glad I am finally done.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 4, 2014
Very busy at school as a graduate student.
Often come to lab at weekends.
Outstanding Benefits, No Opportunity for Advancement
Financial Specialist (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 4, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no raises, bonuses, or any additional monetary compensation. and no opportunity for advancement.
The Univeristy has an excellent culture; however, the politics make it extremely difficult to advance. There are RARELY any type of raises or any salary increases are extremely small and never occur. Most of the professors and administrators are a joy to work with. There is however always one person in the department who has been in the position for – more... a very long time and who makes your life extremely difficult for no reason. Due to the politics, there is nothing anyone is willing to do about it. – less
Great college for Education and Spanish
Optimist Club President (Current Employee), La Crosse, WIMarch 2, 2014
The University of Wisconsin La Crosse has given me the skills needed to strive and thrive at a future elementary educator, whether in an immersion or traditional classroom.
Flexible environment focused on Clinical trails with learning opportunities.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not celebrating success of projects.
Daily management of workflow of ophthalmic digital images and clinical projects with academia and pharmaceutical companies.

Good support across work groups to successfully complete projects.

This position has provide learning opportunities with international travel, leadership and project management courses.

This Center does not keep up with current – more... technology as quickly as it needs to in order to remain competitive in the market. – less
UWM, A paradise to learn and teach
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 7, 2014
As a responsible position, TA s should have a deep knowledge in their subject. Many topics I learned when I was student becomes more clear when we prepare for teaching. This preparation helps us understand the subject more close. Leading the students to a particular with a particular motive and focus will create a leadership quality in TA s. The hard – more... work of a TA along with the full support from the Professor make our job more satisfactory and enjoyable. – less
Financial Specialist Intern (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 6, 2014
Tell us about:

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
Your review may be publicly displayed by Indeed
Allergic Eye Disease
Senior Scientist (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 5, 2014
-Allergic Ocular Inflammation, focusing on mast cell and epithelial cell biology
-Interactions of the conjunctival epithelium with microbial cell wall components and how these interactions influence barrier function, epithelial cell activation, and epithelial cell response to allergic mediators.
-The role of eosinophils in airway inflammation and remodeling
Responsibilities – more... include:
-Grant preparation, submission and management
-Laboratory administration
-Ensuring compliance with UW, sponsor and agencies guidelines -Design and conduct research studies
-Manuscript preparation and submission
-Preparation and presentation of research results at regional and international conferences. – less
Fun place to work with friends and school faculty
Athletic Worker (Current Employee), Superior, WIJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: time of work due to most events being weekends or evenings
Recorded live stats for men's and women's basketball, hockey, and volleyball. Most hockey games I worked promotions and interacted with fans. My co-workers were great because most of them were friends. The most enjoyable part of working here was watching sports and getting paid for in and working with friends.
Best job I have ever had.
Animal Research Technician- Level II (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 21, 2014
I can say, whole heartily, that this was the best job I have ever had. My supervisor was supportive and treated us with respect. We were under his management but free to get our work done because he knew we would and could. I would never have left if I didn't have to move out of state.
I like it
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 21, 2014
I really like it. working here, teaching students and learning from the great faculty and staff here is the most rewarding experience.
social environment, great work/life balance
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 7, 2014
great way for students to be employed while also focusing on their studies. Not very time consuming in terms of scheduled work hours. Great management that truly enjoys their job and staff.