University of Wisconsin

University of Wisconsin Employer Reviews

Encouraged growth, diverse and active place to work. Family oriented and job serious.
Program Assistant 3 (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 23, 2013
Pros: it's a college campus... need i say more!
Cons: if public transportation is not used, parking is challenging and expensive.
Really had to multi-task. Working with so many people taught me to perform well under stress, taught me conflict resolution skills, the importance of organization. I met people from all around the world and was honored to learn about their cultures.
Also, working in an academic environment gave me the advantage of education by association (many conversations – more... and debates). – less
Professional place
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 17, 2013
What I learned:
- Handling data systems, paper forms,...
- Communicating with other students and faculty staff
Great Place to work
Program Assistant / Confidential (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WISeptember 12, 2013
I enjoy all the people and my tasks. My job is confidential so I can't tell you too much. I do a lot of purchasing and budgeting. I have many different projects asked of me. I enjoy a good challenge and I give all my jobs 100%.
Good
Project Manager (Former Employee), Menomonie, WISeptember 5, 2013
A typical day at work was working with amazing people and experiencing new things,
Great work atmosphere, great people.
Senior Information Systems Consultant (Former Employee), Whitewater, WIAugust 29, 2013
Great work environment allows you to really know people and work with them. Very open and friendly.
Research on my ethanol production process.
Undergraduate Researcher under Professor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 26, 2013
Most enjoyable experience doing independent research on an idea self developed.
Good Place to work for when you are not ambitious enough to move on.
IT Technical Services Specialist (Current Employee), Madison, WIAugust 23, 2013
It's pretty hard to get involved in other projects, but the work live and the coworkers let you forget about it. No stress.
Love this Institution
Advisor (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 9, 2013
This is a great place to work. We have a friendly and active work environment that changes day by day.
Steady place to be while doing my college classes
Office Assistant-Student Worker (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 30, 2013
Pros: set schedule
Cons: having different positions every year
I worked 10 hours a week around my college classes. I was glad to be able to work at entry level in the respective positions I held because studying took precedent. Reception and food service tailored their schedule to my class schedule. It was a win-win situation for both of us. The hardest part of having these jobs was the reminder that they were – more... not to last forever and that working in the real world would be inevitable. The most enjoyable part of my jobs at the University of Wisconsin was meeting people, new people and old, on a regular basis. – less
Progressive and valuable workplace
COAST Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 17, 2013
Pros: dedicated and open-minded co-workers who are committed to life-long learning
A typical work day starts between 7–10 am dependent on one's department, and employees typically work 8–10 hour shifts until 4:30–7 pm dependent on start time. Evening and weekend hours are periodically required for major events, especially at the beginning of the academic year. I learned how to manage my schedule to create work-life balance even during – more... evenings with later hours (sometimes until 10:30 pm) and when completing weekend work. In addition, I learned how to work with a diverse population of student and professional staff. The most enjoyable part of my work was assisting students and also serving the local Milwaukee community through weekend outreach events. – less
The training period was challenging and it gave me immense confidence to compete in highly competive environment.
Grader (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 17, 2013
Pros: challenging
Cons: no pay in training period
I am totally satisfied with the experience and hope to join these companies with good package.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 2, 2013
Standard day 8-5pm...co-workers were great. Overall a great place to work
Great Job for Students
Student Assistant Facility Director (Current Employee), La Crosse, WIJune 30, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: micromanagement
I began working at the University of Wisconsin - La Crosse as a student assistant facility director in May of 2012. The job allowed for complete focus on academics when needed, and full time employment during breaks. I would recommend this position to any student.
Where I spent my graduate study years.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIJune 29, 2013
A great university with passionate academic atmosphere. I spent my first year as a TA and finished my course study by the end of my second year. And has been working as a research assistant since 2009.
Face paced and engaging place to work
Student Researcher/Support (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 27, 2013
On a typical day I spend my time helping with general laboratory upkeep, duties and other responsibilities as well as working on specific projects I am working on or are assigned for me that day. My work environment has been nothing but great. The people I work for are not only kind but also very easy to get along with, which makes getting things done – more... as a team very easy. – less
Great Facility with up to date technology.
Internship (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 24, 2013
Pros: hands on experience.
Great opportunities afforded to students to work on real projects and see real results and experience. Very beneficial!
A place for growth
Associate Administrative Program Specialist, (Former Employee), Madison, WIJune 23, 2013
There are a seemingly unlimited number of opportunities for personal and career growth at the UW-Madison. My coworkers were my mentors as well. I miss it very much, and look forward to working in another enriching environment. My husband earned an amazing job opportunity at Pfizer, here in Groton, CT, which is the only reason I left the UW-Madison.
Great University Environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIJune 10, 2013
I loved working here as a grad student. The work life balance was pretty skewed towards work though. I guess that's what being in graduate school entails though.
Very fun atmosphere in a laboratory setting teaching and helping students
Student Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Superior, WIJune 4, 2013
A typical day at work consists of me setting up for the laboratory session. When laboratory started, I would assist students dissect cats if they couldn't find a particular structure by the means of a probe and removing fascia along the way. There were multiple body systems covered including: circulatory, digestive, and reproductive systems. I learned – more... the fundamentals of dissections and the anatomy/locations of most bodily organs. I also learned the importance of the anatomical position. There were not many hard aspects of this job since I've taken both anatomy courses with the same professor at did very well in each class so I know the material. I enjoyed every aspect of helping others within a physiological context because medicine and anatomy is a passion of mine. I love assisting and making an impact by helping other students learn important concepts and identifying structures located within the body. At this point in my career, I feel I need to help people rather than just wanting to because I don't see myself doing anything else. – less
UW Madison is a great place to work.
Researcher (Current Employee), Madison, WIJune 3, 2013
UW Madison is a great place to work. The research environment is changing as a result of the economy.