University of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work at.
Student Grant Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 8, 2017
Research Specialist: Conducting research on energy use & food waste generation by UW-Milwaukee Campus using STARS (Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System) program framework in order to increase sustainability in the university.
I work in a stressful office.
Test Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIOctober 8, 2017
I care not to say anything poor about my current position. I love want I do even though stress, it is a very rewarding job. You need to multi task and be able to change on a dime.
work life
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 6, 2017
patient care is moderate and place is not well managed as per guidelines. Lot of new things without training come up. patient care enforced without equipment.
Good benefits, management and employees resistant to organizational changes
HR Professional (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 5, 2017
No typical work day. Some Sr. management & employees resistant to organizational changes making it difficult to improve processes. Stressed employees.
Pros
Health benefits, discounts
Cons
High employee turnover, overworked employees
Excellent.
Lecturer, Teaching and Research Assistant. (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 4, 2017
I had received my PhD and accepted a teaching position at the University of North Dakota. Before enrolling at PhD program at UM-M I was teaching at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and at Marquette University in Milwaukee.
Great work environment
Instructional Design Assistant (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WIOctober 4, 2017
Great place. I enjoyed working there. I learned a lot. The people are helpful and willing to share their knowledge. I would recommend other people working here.
Mail Room
Shipping and Mailing Associate - Advanced (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 3, 2017
Sort mail until 8 am. Grab a mail cart. Place all bags and boxes into cart. Bring vechicles from back parking lot to bay door. Load carts into vechicles then drive to campus. Deliver all mail to departments, and pick up out going mail. Bring back all out going mail. Sort out out going mail. Continue sorting mail into bags.
Pros
Set hours and breaks
Cons
Too many fights as to which job was easier
Strong Nurse Residency Program
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 3, 2017
Great place to start your nursing career.
Nurses have access to many resources.
There is access to education and certifications in your specialty.
It is the main trauma center for the state of Wisconsin.
Good Planner Skill
Diversity Event Intern (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIOctober 2, 2017
Being an intern at diversity division of career and leadership development department is a good start for individual who enjoy doing event planning. The individual will learn on how to contact speaker, arrange the accommodation, and plan the event- including budgeting.
Great university
Intern (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WISeptember 30, 2017
I worked in the athletic training room at University of Wisconsin- Stout. I worked with athlete's to help them prevent and rehabilitate injuries. I also worked to help improve their lifestyles.
i enjoyed working for the students, I went above and beyond to make them happy.
Director of Food Service (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 28, 2017
i love my job there, I love the students, my boss, my co-workers, I love my job. But, they are doing cutbacks and unfortunately my job may be cut. I have been working on campus for over ten years.
Pros
Making my students happy, I love my co-workers, I learned a lot from the various jobs I had done on campus
Cons
No benefits except vacation time, no insurance and now no future of raises.
work study program
Office Assistant and Test Proctor (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 27, 2017
Loved working there, they have a variety of different subsections to be employed in while there. Unfortunately, since it was work study I had limited hours per day I was allowed to work.
Pros
Wonderful opportunities
Cons
Limited hours
Can't go wrong working for a University
Arts Media Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WISeptember 25, 2017
This was a part time job working in the Arts Media Center in the Center of the Arts. Low wages, but that is expected. Great place to learn whatever you want and connect with department professors.
highly recommend
University Services Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 22, 2017
I enjoyed my role at the university. Helpful associates, treated everyone with appreciation and helpful attitudes. Explanation of how things worked and time to catch on.
Easy going math tutors
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 22, 2017
During my education in the mathematics department I also was a math tutor to help others that didn't enjoy mathematics. This job was very easy because you could pick hours around your school schedule.
It was a great job during my collegiate career.
Supervisor and Multi-Sport Referee (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WI 53190September 21, 2017
Intramural Coordinating is a great job. It allows you to interact with fellow college students and be in a leadership role. You learn many skills such as organization, public speaking, and more.
Great resume builder for research experience
Research Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 21, 2017
Worked as a research lab assistant.
Flexible hours to work around a school schedule.
Friendly people.
Reasonable pay.
Surrounded by great resources to assist you in your research.
Lots of paperwork but still interesting
Purchasing Associate (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WISeptember 20, 2017
My first few months were spent learning our systems and how we process our paperwork. After getting used to the work, I became very knowledgeable of how things operated and what people need when I'm asked to help. I have become a "go-to" not only in my office but also campus-wide for purchasing information.
Professional Workplace at the Survey Center
Survey Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 20, 2017
Made calls to respondents, asking them to participate in surveys. Relaxed atmosphere, great management. A typical day at work is a four-hour shift with ample break time.
Fine place to work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 20, 2017
lots of student job opportunities that pay well with flexible hours. Overall it helped pay the bills and that was the most important part. Would definalty recommend to a friend.