University of Wisconsin

University of Wisconsin Employer Reviews

UW Madison is a great place to work.
Researcher (Current Employee), Madison, WIJune 3, 2013
UW Madison is a great place to work. The research environment is changing as a result of the economy.
Student Job
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee), Whitewater, WIMay 14, 2013
• Perform one-on-one Spanish tutor
• Explain vocabulary and grammar from English to Spanish
• Evaluate papers and provide feedback to students
Great College
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Platteville, WIMay 12, 2013
College coursework that challenges student in order to produce the highest results
Perfect Student Job On Campus
Parking and Transit Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 6, 2013
Held this position while attending school full time. They were flexible with the work schedule and understanding during exams.
Wondeful place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee), KenoshaMay 3, 2013
Great enviroment to work. Safe and supportive, but no room for advancement, even if you train and aquire a more advanced degree. Very few openings for advancement.
Teaching Assistant - Department of Theatre and Drama
Theatre Intern Instructor/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 29, 2013
Pros: my students!
Cons: tight scheduling. very little down time.
A typical work day began with meeting with the lead professor to review the teaching syllabus and what would be covered for the week. Any challenges or breakthroughs with the students were discussed as well.

I learned how to maintain order and attentiveness in the classroom through games, bridgework, improvisation and discussion, I learned how to be – more... an attentive listener, how to facilitate discussion and how to incite students to become active critical thinkers.

My co-workers were amazing in their support. We shared experiences with our groups, on occasion we would join groups together for discussions and improvisations, and we were there for each other when the classes were challenging.

The plus side of the job: The class itself was the reason for going to work. Since I taught an Applied Theatre class that dealt with social justice issues, there were always current events that tied into the syllabus.

The down side of the job: Some days I barely had time between my classes and my TA schedule. Very little time to debrief, have lunch, or time to review material before rehearsals. Rehearsals were always immediately or 30 minutes after class ended, which again, left no time to fully prepare for rehearsals. Days like those usually required preparations that went well into the early morning, leaving little time for rest. – less
Great Place to Work
Budget Analyst (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 22, 2013
Pros: creative thinking
Cons: hard to advance
The moral and ethical values of UW-Madsion are wonderful. I'm constantly working on new projects and ideas.
Student Lab Assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 17, 2013
Well, I received credit instead of money. I worked at a lab running out of UW-Madison with rats. UW made sure anyone handling animals were trained. Staff and PI were professional and helpful.
Productive but fun and flexible workplace
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 15, 2013
A typical day at work would include completing any tasks that the graduate students needed me to do, pertaining to research or not. It would also include performing tasks on my own running experiment and getting other work on that done. (Add more later)
Why I love my job.
Research Specialist, Transportation and Logistics (Current Employee), Superior, WIApril 13, 2013
Pros: challenges, people i work with, fun, students, much more!
Cons: my contract is up soon and no advancement.
I love my job at UW-Superior because it brings new challenges every day. The only sad part is that my contract runs out at the end of June and there may not be money for me to stay. Although there would be no advancing in my position, I absolutely love what I do and the people I work with. Once I am gone my poor co-worker is going to be swamped not – more... only with her stuff but mine as well. Hopefully the school will see that they NEED a second permanent position in that office. – less
A great Midwestern University
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 11, 2013
Excellent faculty & course offerings. Great community & student culture. Rich academic & athletic traditions.
Fun work place, team building
Building Manager (Current Employee), Whitewater, WIMarch 31, 2013
they are always willing to help out when needed. you never have to feel as though you can't get any help. Very warm inviting atmosphere. Flexible with hours to work around classes, willing to work together to meet everyone's needs.
Schooling
Co-Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), MilwaukeeMarch 31, 2013
Provides the necessary utensils to advance and grow no matter what your interests.
Large organization with multiple departments and divisions
Medical Program Associate Senior (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 20, 2013
Pros: well respected organization
Cons: large and employees lost in human resource transitions with the state.
A typical day of work for me would include answering phone calls from patients and vendors related to the physicians speciality. I take messages and email or text page physicians with urgent messages and direct other calls to the appropriate area for scheduling or nursing needs. Manage physicians calendars, type correspondence, sort mail and assist – more... physicians and co-workers with departmental needs. – less
Great Place to Work and Study
Project assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 10, 2013
Great Place to Work and Study. Experienced and Knowledgeable Professors
Wonderful teaching environment
Business Math Tutor (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: good pay, time management, teaching skills
Cons: competition between tutors
The tutoring program at the University of Wisconsin Green bay is a great program for students on both ends of the spectrum.
Researcher
Undergraduate Research Student (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 16, 2013
A great place to learn one by one. To develop organizational and supervisory skills.
Great teaching university
Tutor (Former Employee), wisconsinFebruary 13, 2013
Worked about 25 hrs a week, Assist Wisconsin football team with daily activities and passing their chemistry exam. Great co-workers to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job is traveling with the team.
Good place to work to help my time management.
Floor Worker at Riverview Cafe (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: good co-workers
A typical day at work generally included cooking, and serving hundreds of students.
Productive and Fun Work place
Assistant Scoreboard Coordinator (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 5, 2013
-Work directly with Marketing to coordinate on the the event scripts
-Work with Badger Sports Property to creatively display game day sponsor ads
-Create team and individual stats data to display
-Produce and update team open and fire up video's