University of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

Great co-workers and hours
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  River Falls, WISeptember 5, 2017
Great little job to have while attending school full time. Just a couple hours a week with great staff. You must be a student at UWRF to be eligible to work here.
average employer
Sous Chef /Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 4, 2017
Contract employment. Subject to the University changing of contract every 7 years. Difficult to all of the expectation of the students and faculty 3 meals a day 7 days to the week
Great Part-time Job
Associate Lecturer (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WISeptember 3, 2017
Absolutely loved this job! Had personal issues that led to my resignation. It was a great place to work for me at a time in my life that I needed a flexible part-time job.
Pros
Cons
pay could be improved
Exciting Place To Work
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 28, 2017
You meet a lot of people while working the front desk. Very flexible hours, and a good place to work on homework and other things. Typically the number of hours per week is 5-10.
Pros
Easy job for a college student
Cons
Little hours
College Job
Administrative Assistant / Projects Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 28, 2017
Working at the dorms was a great job for a college kids. I've learned a lot of responsibility and how to manage administrative work for a manager. Always some fun going on to there.
Pros
great for college kids
Cons
low pay
great climate for employees
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIAugust 25, 2017
The strength of this organization is the focus on wellness and outdoor education. These aspects show up in so many unique and creative ways in the employees and the work we did.
Good place to work, really depends on your superior
C-NERVE Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIAugust 24, 2017
Enjoyed working here for the most part, it was a clean facility and it had access to most things needed. The staff was very friendly even on late nights. Happy to have done most of my graduate work here.
Summary
Lead Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 24, 2017
UWM is in transition right now, so there are a lot of interim titles, which makes it hard to get some things done.

Very good, midwestern school! Very good people to work with@
I love my hospital, not my department.
Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 22, 2017
UW is a FANTASTIC environment for nearly anyone, and I can't recommend it highly enough! Not only are all employees paid a living wadge and fairly treated, but there are so many different possible job descriptions that many kinds of people can find work there. I left because I wanted to work with patients, not just in the building with them. My manager had issues fully staffing her department and spent a year denying my requests to transfer to a patient care job. Ultimately, I quit, in search of that patient care position of my dreams, but I miss my hospital terribly and hope to return some day in a different position. Management in my department was sometimes borderline hostile, but ultimately I understand their position and love UW, flaws and all. The campus is comfortable--the cafeteria is affordable and healthy, the outdoor seating areas great for breaks. UW offers great benefits, and the feeling you get, knowing you work for one of the greatest hospitals in the Midwest, working as one of 5000 employees of UW health, there is nothing like it. I wish my department issue could have been resolved another way, but I fully intend to return.
Pros
nice cafeteria, great enviroment, friendly culture, respectful employers.
Cons
short staffing means we are sometimes overworked and makes transfers impossible
Productive and Fun workplace
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIAugust 22, 2017
Typical Day: solo work on a computer analyzing data
Learned lots about the Biomechanics industry
Management was perfect and was able to talk to all administrators
Ok place if you enjoy PC culture
Management employee (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 21, 2017
No focus on profitability. Becoming more politically correct with no room for dissent. Individual performance not especially important. More of a keep your head down and don't upset the apple cart type place
Fired for Requesting Medical Leave
Financial Specialist Senior (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIAugust 21, 2017
I was diagnosed with a serious medical condition needing surgery and was fired for requesting to take unpaid medical leave. Terrible experience - do not recommend.
Cons
depressing environment, poor morale and bad management
Great starter place for college
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIAugust 20, 2017
Great co-workers and staff. Management is very helpful. High stress but overall great atmosphere and starter job while in college. The most enjoyable part was interacting with other students.
Could use some work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 18, 2017
Too many job responsibilities. Management and I do not see eye to eye on many things. Following the rules and regulations is my top priority. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with and am able to help throughout the day.
Pros
work with great co-workers
Cons
Too many job responsibilities, not enough time in the day
Good Experience
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 18, 2017
The Union has a very diverse workplace environment which I loved. The management here is fun which helps to make long shifts enjoyable. The work can be boring but overall it is not a bad place to work.
Pros
Free Food
Helpful Internship
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  MadisonAugust 18, 2017
From this internship I have learned a lot and been able to grow professionally. The management here is kind and helpful and wants me to learn more. The days however get long and the tasks are tedious and occasionally boring. However, overall it is a good place to work and gain experience.
Academic Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIAugust 17, 2017
Great place to work, very nice environment; working as a professor's assistant was a great experience for me, it was also convenient that I could work at my school.
Great college job
Head Referee (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIAugust 10, 2017
This job is a great job for any athlete in college. The people are great to work with and some people know the struggles of being a college student. Great job!
Great Autonomy
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 10, 2017
You are given basic information about courses, but are allowed to develop your curriculum to your liking and preference. You are typically checked in on, but it is minimal. Great experience.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oregon, WIAugust 10, 2017
I love my job at UW Health and would recommend this workplace to anyone in the healthcare field. They offer great benefits, great work atmosphere and are very professional and accommodating to employees.
Pros
close to home
Cons
hourly wage not high enough