University of Wisconsin

University of Wisconsin Employer Reviews

Where I spent my graduate study years.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIJune 29, 2013
A great university with passionate academic atmosphere. I spent my first year as a TA and finished my course study by the end of my second year. And has been working as a research assistant since 2009.
Face paced and engaging place to work
Student Researcher/Support (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 27, 2013
On a typical day I spend my time helping with general laboratory upkeep, duties and other responsibilities as well as working on specific projects I am working on or are assigned for me that day. My work environment has been nothing but great. The people I work for are not only kind but also very easy to get along with, which makes getting things done – more... as a team very easy. – less
Great Facility with up to date technology.
Internship (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 24, 2013
Pros: hands on experience.
Great opportunities afforded to students to work on real projects and see real results and experience. Very beneficial!
A place for growth
Associate Administrative Program Specialist, (Former Employee), Madison, WIJune 23, 2013
There are a seemingly unlimited number of opportunities for personal and career growth at the UW-Madison. My coworkers were my mentors as well. I miss it very much, and look forward to working in another enriching environment. My husband earned an amazing job opportunity at Pfizer, here in Groton, CT, which is the only reason I left the UW-Madison.
Great University Environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIJune 10, 2013
I loved working here as a grad student. The work life balance was pretty skewed towards work though. I guess that's what being in graduate school entails though.
Very fun atmosphere in a laboratory setting teaching and helping students
Student Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Superior, WIJune 4, 2013
A typical day at work consists of me setting up for the laboratory session. When laboratory started, I would assist students dissect cats if they couldn't find a particular structure by the means of a probe and removing fascia along the way. There were multiple body systems covered including: circulatory, digestive, and reproductive systems. I learned – more... the fundamentals of dissections and the anatomy/locations of most bodily organs. I also learned the importance of the anatomical position. There were not many hard aspects of this job since I've taken both anatomy courses with the same professor at did very well in each class so I know the material. I enjoyed every aspect of helping others within a physiological context because medicine and anatomy is a passion of mine. I love assisting and making an impact by helping other students learn important concepts and identifying structures located within the body. At this point in my career, I feel I need to help people rather than just wanting to because I don't see myself doing anything else. – less
UW Madison is a great place to work.
Researcher (Current Employee), Madison, WIJune 3, 2013
UW Madison is a great place to work. The research environment is changing as a result of the economy.
Student Job
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee), Whitewater, WIMay 14, 2013
• Perform one-on-one Spanish tutor
• Explain vocabulary and grammar from English to Spanish
• Evaluate papers and provide feedback to students
Great College
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Platteville, WIMay 12, 2013
College coursework that challenges student in order to produce the highest results
Perfect Student Job On Campus
Parking and Transit Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 6, 2013
Held this position while attending school full time. They were flexible with the work schedule and understanding during exams.
Wondeful place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee), KenoshaMay 3, 2013
Great enviroment to work. Safe and supportive, but no room for advancement, even if you train and aquire a more advanced degree. Very few openings for advancement.
Teaching Assistant - Department of Theatre and Drama
Theatre Intern Instructor/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 29, 2013
Pros: my students!
Cons: tight scheduling. very little down time.
A typical work day began with meeting with the lead professor to review the teaching syllabus and what would be covered for the week. Any challenges or breakthroughs with the students were discussed as well.

I learned how to maintain order and attentiveness in the classroom through games, bridgework, improvisation and discussion, I learned how to be – more... an attentive listener, how to facilitate discussion and how to incite students to become active critical thinkers.

My co-workers were amazing in their support. We shared experiences with our groups, on occasion we would join groups together for discussions and improvisations, and we were there for each other when the classes were challenging.

The plus side of the job: The class itself was the reason for going to work. Since I taught an Applied Theatre class that dealt with social justice issues, there were always current events that tied into the syllabus.

The down side of the job: Some days I barely had time between my classes and my TA schedule. Very little time to debrief, have lunch, or time to review material before rehearsals. Rehearsals were always immediately or 30 minutes after class ended, which again, left no time to fully prepare for rehearsals. Days like those usually required preparations that went well into the early morning, leaving little time for rest. – less
Great Place to Work
Budget Analyst (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 22, 2013
Pros: creative thinking
Cons: hard to advance
The moral and ethical values of UW-Madsion are wonderful. I'm constantly working on new projects and ideas.
Student Lab Assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 17, 2013
Well, I received credit instead of money. I worked at a lab running out of UW-Madison with rats. UW made sure anyone handling animals were trained. Staff and PI were professional and helpful.
Productive but fun and flexible workplace
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 15, 2013
A typical day at work would include completing any tasks that the graduate students needed me to do, pertaining to research or not. It would also include performing tasks on my own running experiment and getting other work on that done. (Add more later)
Why I love my job.
Research Specialist, Transportation and Logistics (Current Employee), Superior, WIApril 13, 2013
Pros: challenges, people i work with, fun, students, much more!
Cons: my contract is up soon and no advancement.
I love my job at UW-Superior because it brings new challenges every day. The only sad part is that my contract runs out at the end of June and there may not be money for me to stay. Although there would be no advancing in my position, I absolutely love what I do and the people I work with. Once I am gone my poor co-worker is going to be swamped not – more... only with her stuff but mine as well. Hopefully the school will see that they NEED a second permanent position in that office. – less
A great Midwestern University
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 11, 2013
Excellent faculty & course offerings. Great community & student culture. Rich academic & athletic traditions.
Fun work place, team building
Building Manager (Current Employee), Whitewater, WIMarch 31, 2013
they are always willing to help out when needed. you never have to feel as though you can't get any help. Very warm inviting atmosphere. Flexible with hours to work around classes, willing to work together to meet everyone's needs.
Schooling
Co-Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), MilwaukeeMarch 31, 2013
Provides the necessary utensils to advance and grow no matter what your interests.
Large organization with multiple departments and divisions
Medical Program Associate Senior (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 20, 2013
Pros: well respected organization
Cons: large and employees lost in human resource transitions with the state.
A typical day of work for me would include answering phone calls from patients and vendors related to the physicians speciality. I take messages and email or text page physicians with urgent messages and direct other calls to the appropriate area for scheduling or nursing needs. Manage physicians calendars, type correspondence, sort mail and assist – more... physicians and co-workers with departmental needs. – less