University of Wisconsin

University of Wisconsin Employer Reviews

Good place to work to help my time management.
Floor Worker at Riverview Cafe (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: good co-workers
A typical day at work generally included cooking, and serving hundreds of students.
Productive and Fun Work place
Assistant Scoreboard Coordinator (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 5, 2013
-Work directly with Marketing to coordinate on the the event scripts
-Work with Badger Sports Property to creatively display game day sponsor ads
-Create team and individual stats data to display
-Produce and update team open and fire up video's
Great experience
President (Former Employee), Whitewater, WIJanuary 25, 2013
A typical day at work included assisting consumers find a particular item when needed or asked.

The most enjoyable part of the job included interacting with customers and listening to their hunting experiences.
N/A
Weight Room Supervisor (Former Employee), Whitewater, WIJanuary 23, 2013
This is a fun place for students to work on campus. If you like to be at the gym or around people that are active, this is a great place to be.
It's all about the people you work with
Financial Specialist 3 (Current Employee), Whitewater, WIJanuary 23, 2013
The people I work with are like my family. The management in my area is wonderful and beyond compare.
Student Part-time
Professional Development & Classroom Support (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 18, 2013
As a student I couldn't have asked for a better work environment. I was always learning and my colleges were a wonderful team to work with.
Non-Tenure
Associate Lecturer (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: friendly staff, free food
Cons: long hours, big classes
No security if you are non-tenured. Semester to semester contracts. Overloads and large classes. Difficult job if you are a single income, because jobs are hard to find with your qualifications.
Friendly environment
Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Janesville, WIJanuary 14, 2013
Spent most of my day assisting library patrons with computer issues and performing any additional work that the library director would want done.
Great experience for undergraduate.
Geology Laboratory Set Up (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: easy
Cons: not challenging enough
Great experience for undergraduate. worked along and had lots of guild lines in the manual. Teachers aren't there on the weekend when the set up happens so some times getting help is difficult.
Supportive environment
Residence Hall Director (Current Employee), La Crosse, WIJanuary 8, 2013
UW - La Crosse offers young professionals an opportunity to grow and be challenged in a supportive environment.
Gave sense of purpose to school
Intermural game worker (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJanuary 3, 2013
Learned time management skills with school. Worked various coed athletic events at the Kress Event center
Great academic environment
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 18, 2012
Pros: flexiblity, great learing environment
Cons: wages
A typical date at work consisted of studying chemical reactions on surfaces and exploring catalytic effects of molecules and compounds on these surfaces. While doing research at this institution I Iearned valuable skills in dealing with Ultra High Vaccum systems and surface science techniques. Management help to broaden my horizons in the areas of research – more... and development. My coworkers were ultimate team players and worked together to solve problems that occurred. The most challenging part of my job was repairing delicate and unique UHV equipment. The most enjoyable part of my job was discovering new solutions to problems. – less
Fun interesting place to work. Perfect for students
UWM Student Grounds Worker (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 13, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: pay
The pay was alright, the people you work with are interesting but they are extremely flexible with scheduling making it perfect for school.
Great Place to Work While Getting an Advanced Degree
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 4, 2012
I worked as a Teaching Assistant while getting my Masters Degree in Engineering, emphasis being on Materials. Very flexible hours, and helped developed me into a complete candidate for an advanced position.

Hardest thing to deal with is constant change going on. People are rotating in and out every semester. New students in lab, new classes, and new – more... teaching assistants makes the situation always changing. – less
typical university
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Madison, WINovember 8, 2012
Pros: salary
Cons: questionable career perspectives
it is very much depends what kind of work are you doing there
if you are post-doc it is pretty much a dead end job
Overall Great
Online Learning Coordinator/Administrative Support (Current Employee), Madison, WIOctober 30, 2012
Very flexible for current students, great way to hone office working skills in a friendly environment
A full time position in Civil Engineering
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), MilwaukeeOctober 29, 2012
Civil Engineering allowing me to leverage and develop my abilities and skill set, while working for the benefit and growth of the organization.
Fun place to work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Traveler) (Former Employee), Madison, WIOctober 12, 2012
Fun place to work with a lot of great people. A teaching hospital with great opportunities to learn new things.
Great place to learn and grow.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WISeptember 21, 2012
Collaboration is encouraged as cross-discipline methods are best applied to solve engineering and research challenges.
Great creative work atmosphere.
Graphic Designer/ Part-time (Current Employee), River Falls, WISeptember 14, 2012
Pros: being at an higher institution of learning lends to a general upbeat and optimistic view.
Cons: job security is linked more to political whims than personal performance.
The graphic design work at the university is creative and varied. It is wonderful for personal growth - a continuous learning environment. Co-workers are cooperative and encouraging. Many projects require the input of all departmental personnel -- marketing, writing, photography and graphic design.