University of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oregon, WIAugust 10, 2017
I love my job at UW Health and would recommend this workplace to anyone in the healthcare field. They offer great benefits, great work atmosphere and are very professional and accommodating to employees.
Pros
close to home
Cons
hourly wage not high enough
University setting
Volunteer Volleyball Assistant (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIAugust 10, 2017
In my role helping with the volleyball team, I had a wonderful experience. I had all the services and equipment that I needed. Campus staff was easy to work with.
Pros
free admission to athletic games
Cons
pay was average at best
Part Time/Summer Job
Facilities Maintenance/Custodial (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 9, 2017
I worked here during the Summers and the school year for extra money. Materials are readily available, and the job is very laid-back and easy. I enjoyed my time here.
An amazing job opportunity
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIAugust 9, 2017
Working at this library was such an amazing experience. So many wonderful people came in and the main librarian was such an amazing person. They worked great around your school schedule and were willing to help you out with finals if you needed time off. I would work for them in a heart beat again if I could. I really recommend working here.
Pros
Let you focus on homework and school studies if you needed extra time around finals.
Great University Setting
Student (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 8, 2017
Aside from the blatant, natural beauty of the region, UW-La Crosse offers a competitive campus setting with incredible staff to match the quality of their academics.
Work Control Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WIAugust 8, 2017
Great place to work with great benefits. It has a great work/life balance and is very flexible, especially for someone with children. I would recommend STOUT to anyone.
Great experience as a student
ATHLETIC TRAINING INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIAugust 8, 2017
Working multiple camps and covering all the athletes. Learned lots of new styles and techniques in the rehab, prevention and evaluation aspect of sports injuries.
u w medical foundation
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 8, 2017
My day at work was very interesting.I learn different programs.The work place was very good.There was no hard part of this job .The most enjoyable day part of the job was working with good peoples.
Flexible and Interesting Work Schedule for Students
Pulsar Researcher (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 8, 2017
As I Pulsar Researcher, I rate potential pulsar candidates on the candidate viewer from the GBNCC survey. I discuss what I learn from the job to everyone in the astronomy as well as any information involving the potential pulsar candidates I rate. The hardest part of the job is understanding the concepts of pulsars such as a harmonic. However, I assert myself to ask questions as they come to mind.
Pros
Work on your own time.
A Great Place to Work and Learn
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 7, 2017
This is a great place to work or attend their events. The maintain a profession, yet caring attitude, towards the culture difference in the UWM system and make sure to educate others in all capacities.
Fun place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIAugust 4, 2017
Great environment, friendly people, great culture, flexible, organized, laid back and clean working space. I really enjoyed my time working here and I would recommend getting a job here to anyone.
Easy college job
Volunteering and Research (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIAugust 1, 2017
College employment that helped pay the bills while going to school. It was an easy job with good coworkers and a pleasant working environment. All in all it was an enjoyable experience.
Triage Nurse
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 1, 2017
Triage calls. Learned how to give patients pathology results. We had great team work in our clinic. Giving bad news. I enjoyed going to work everyday
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Some days I need more help
Great Coworkers
TRANSFER SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 1, 2017
A fun and supportive environment! I really enjoyed working with my coworkers and supervisors. We made a very great team and would refer anyone to there to join!
Enjoyable and flexible employment.
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIJuly 31, 2017
As a student job, hours were quite flexible and accommodating to the individual student's schedule. The job could be tedious at times, and the occasional rude or ungrateful customer was always a possibility. However, overall, the workplace had a very enjoyable culture and environment, and the management was generally friendly, understanding, and helpful.
Student Research
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 31, 2017
Working under the direction of a professor on campus pays little, has no real benefits (in a traditional 'workplace' sense, at least), and is often completely subjective depending on what the nature of your research is. For me, doing research in a field I enjoy and wanted to pursue for a career, the opportunity was worth more than the wage or benefits.
Nice coworkers, very helpful
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 28, 2017
A typical day was relaxing. Nice break from lectures and reading.
Learned a little spreadsheet. Data entry. Answering front desk phone. My boss even taught me Solitaire card game on line.
Pros
Laid back job in the "good old days".
Cons
Job ended when my semester was done.
overall review
Athletic Office Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIJuly 26, 2017
I worked at University of Wisconsin Superior while I went to school so I worked part time while going to school full time. It was a great and rewarding place to work.
I was in an atypical position
Creative Writing Fellow (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 26, 2017
This was more of a post-doc than a job and I have no interest in reviewing it but Indeed is making me and I have to use 150 characters minimum so I'm just going to keep typing until I ... there!
Psych Research Assistant
Psychology Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 25, 2017
I was a psychology research assistant at UWO, and it was fun! I got to work alongside five other undergrads and an awesome assistant professor who helped us all learn so much.