University of Wisconsin Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work with friends and school faculty
Athletic Worker (Current Employee) –  Superior, WIJanuary 30, 2014
Recorded live stats for men's and women's basketball, hockey, and volleyball. Most hockey games I worked promotions and interacted with fans. My co-workers were great because most of them were friends. The most enjoyable part of working here was watching sports and getting paid for in and working with friends.
Pros
free food
Cons
time of work due to most events being weekends or evenings
Creative student development department
Sales & Marketing Coordinator - Union Marketing (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 6, 2014
The Sales and Marketing Coordinator works with a vibrant student staff which includes account managers, social media coordinator and copywriters and designers. The focus is to coach and mentor the account team in order fulfillment and client interactions.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJune 17, 2012
Maintenance Department Management really appreciates the hard work of their employees. Learned how to operate cleaning equipment that was new to me, such as a floor scrubbing zamboni. Good teamwork.
Pros
learned to operate equipment new to me.
Cons
the job was for work-study, so it would have been nice to have gotten paid more, it also would have been nice if the job was still available after the semester had ended.
Face paced and engaging place to work
Student Researcher/Support (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 27, 2013
On a typical day I spend my time helping with general laboratory upkeep, duties and other responsibilities as well as working on specific projects I am working on or are assigned for me that day. My work environment has been nothing but great. The people I work for are not only kind but also very easy to get along with, which makes getting things done as a team very easy.
Productive, excellent learning and fun loving research environment
Post-doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 1, 2014
It is a great exciting start everyday. Everything I do is science for learning and fun. It is difficult to express everything I do here in words. What I like in science, specifically in chemistry, is everything available here. Just enjoying everything here.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Progressive and valuable workplace
COAST Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 17, 2013
A typical work day starts between 7–10 am dependent on one's department, and employees typically work 8–10 hour shifts until 4:30–7 pm dependent on start time. Evening and weekend hours are periodically required for major events, especially at the beginning of the academic year. I learned how to manage my schedule to create work-life balance even during evenings with later hours (sometimes until 10:30 pm) and when completing weekend work. In addition, I learned how to work with a diverse population of student and professional staff. The most enjoyable part of my work was assisting students and also serving the local Milwaukee community through weekend outreach events.
Pros
dedicated and open-minded co-workers who are committed to life-long learning
A place for growth
Associate Administrative Program Specialist, (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 23, 2013
There are a seemingly unlimited number of opportunities for personal and career growth at the UW-Madison. My coworkers were my mentors as well. I miss it very much, and look forward to working in another enriching environment. My husband earned an amazing job opportunity at Pfizer, here in Groton, CT, which is the only reason I left the UW-Madison.
Awesome work environment in athletic seting
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 16, 2014
I got to work with athletes on campus while getting my masters degree. I learned about injuries as well as developing professional relationships with co-workers, coaches, students and administration.
Pros
tickets to sporting events, gear
Cons
working on weekends, pay
Able to work without supervision, enjoy customer relations.
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 25, 2013
learned A lot about business, and working with other's, also how to train employee's, and make the day more enjoyable with customer's, also how to be prepared to excel when the day is busy, or to have to problem solve, and how to learn and receive idea's from other's.
Pros
working with energetic people
Cons
people that are afraid to learn
Very productive work environment
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 11, 2013
I loved the location, the environment, and I learned so much about the university. Everyone there was very supportive. Even though I was there for a short time, I was able to quickly learn how to successfully complete any assignment given, and answer a lot of questions coming from the students or the visitors.
Former employee
Lecturer/Head Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMarch 6, 2015
Great city and university for families! Difficult to advance and no raises available making it tough considering all of the time spent.
Pros
great city
Cons
low salary
Senior Imaging Consultant & Instructor
Senior Imaging Consultant & Instructor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 9, 2015
Working with sponsors to certify & organize qualified sites for quality research results. The culture is multi-cultural, supportive of research.
Great Job for Students
Student Assistant Facility Director (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJune 30, 2013
I began working at the University of Wisconsin - La Crosse as a student assistant facility director in May of 2012. The job allowed for complete focus on academics when needed, and full time employment during breaks. I would recommend this position to any student.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
micromanagement
Teachers aid
Graduate Associate Instructional Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 25, 2014
• Learned time management of the classroom well at the same time remaining flexible.
• Able to communicate information clearly and concisely to my students
• Was able to control and coordinate groups of individuals
Pros
full tuition remission
Cons
poor benefits
Process applications
University Services Associate I (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 26, 2014
They will terminate your employment if you attend funerals that are close together. It was like I planned on two close relatives die within two weeks of each other and chose to take days off within the limits of posted work rules.
Cons
tedious work
Fun, goal-oriented environment
Undergraduate Teaching Fellow (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 19, 2014
I co-taught a one credit course within the Center for the First Year Experience. It was an extremely welcoming office, and my coworkers and I bonded very quickly. It is a group dedicated to their mission of providing first year students with resources and the best possible year.
IS Technology Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIMarch 31, 2015
Training is the key to success and what ever I was granted. Pay scale needs to be adjusted to better align with the other UW's.
Best job I have ever had.
Animal Research Technician- Level II (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 21, 2014
I can say, whole heartily, that this was the best job I have ever had. My supervisor was supportive and treated us with respect. We were under his management but free to get our work done because he knew we would and could. I would never have left if I didn't have to move out of state.
Excellent resources and Training
Ph.D. Candidate/Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 27, 2014
Top notch school. The instructors could improve courses a little by focusing a little more on teaching, but this is most likely due to the fact that their first priority is research. They do the best they can with what time they have. Excellent school.
A very good work place with good library and lab facilities
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 1, 2015
I like computer programming and like to teach as well. I like to encourage new student to explore the fun of computer programming.

4.3