University of Wisconsin

University of Wisconsin Employer Reviews

Student Lab Assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 17, 2013
Well, I received credit instead of money. I worked at a lab running out of UW-Madison with rats. UW made sure anyone handling animals were trained. Staff and PI were professional and helpful.
Productive but fun and flexible workplace
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 15, 2013
A typical day at work would include completing any tasks that the graduate students needed me to do, pertaining to research or not. It would also include performing tasks on my own running experiment and getting other work on that done. (Add more later)
Why I love my job.
Research Specialist, Transportation and Logistics (Current Employee), Superior, WIApril 13, 2013
Pros: challenges, people i work with, fun, students, much more!
Cons: my contract is up soon and no advancement.
I love my job at UW-Superior because it brings new challenges every day. The only sad part is that my contract runs out at the end of June and there may not be money for me to stay. Although there would be no advancing in my position, I absolutely love what I do and the people I work with. Once I am gone my poor co-worker is going to be swamped not – more... only with her stuff but mine as well. Hopefully the school will see that they NEED a second permanent position in that office. – less
A great Midwestern University
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 11, 2013
Excellent faculty & course offerings. Great community & student culture. Rich academic & athletic traditions.
Fun work place, team building
Building Manager (Current Employee), Whitewater, WIMarch 31, 2013
they are always willing to help out when needed. you never have to feel as though you can't get any help. Very warm inviting atmosphere. Flexible with hours to work around classes, willing to work together to meet everyone's needs.
Schooling
Co-Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), MilwaukeeMarch 31, 2013
Provides the necessary utensils to advance and grow no matter what your interests.
Large organization with multiple departments and divisions
Medical Program Associate Senior (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 20, 2013
Pros: well respected organization
Cons: large and employees lost in human resource transitions with the state.
A typical day of work for me would include answering phone calls from patients and vendors related to the physicians speciality. I take messages and email or text page physicians with urgent messages and direct other calls to the appropriate area for scheduling or nursing needs. Manage physicians calendars, type correspondence, sort mail and assist – more... physicians and co-workers with departmental needs. – less
Great Place to Work and Study
Project assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 10, 2013
Great Place to Work and Study. Experienced and Knowledgeable Professors
Wonderful teaching environment
Business Math Tutor (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: good pay, time management, teaching skills
Cons: competition between tutors
The tutoring program at the University of Wisconsin Green bay is a great program for students on both ends of the spectrum.
Researcher
Undergraduate Research Student (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 16, 2013
A great place to learn one by one. To develop organizational and supervisory skills.
Great teaching university
Tutor (Former Employee), wisconsinFebruary 13, 2013
Worked about 25 hrs a week, Assist Wisconsin football team with daily activities and passing their chemistry exam. Great co-workers to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job is traveling with the team.
Good place to work to help my time management.
Floor Worker at Riverview Cafe (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: good co-workers
A typical day at work generally included cooking, and serving hundreds of students.
Productive and Fun Work place
Assistant Scoreboard Coordinator (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 5, 2013
-Work directly with Marketing to coordinate on the the event scripts
-Work with Badger Sports Property to creatively display game day sponsor ads
-Create team and individual stats data to display
-Produce and update team open and fire up video's
Great experience
President (Former Employee), Whitewater, WIJanuary 25, 2013
A typical day at work included assisting consumers find a particular item when needed or asked.

The most enjoyable part of the job included interacting with customers and listening to their hunting experiences.
N/A
Weight Room Supervisor (Former Employee), Whitewater, WIJanuary 23, 2013
This is a fun place for students to work on campus. If you like to be at the gym or around people that are active, this is a great place to be.
It's all about the people you work with
Financial Specialist 3 (Current Employee), Whitewater, WIJanuary 23, 2013
The people I work with are like my family. The management in my area is wonderful and beyond compare.
Student Part-time
Professional Development & Classroom Support (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 18, 2013
As a student I couldn't have asked for a better work environment. I was always learning and my colleges were a wonderful team to work with.
Non-Tenure
Associate Lecturer (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: friendly staff, free food
Cons: long hours, big classes
No security if you are non-tenured. Semester to semester contracts. Overloads and large classes. Difficult job if you are a single income, because jobs are hard to find with your qualifications.
Friendly environment
Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Janesville, WIJanuary 14, 2013
Spent most of my day assisting library patrons with computer issues and performing any additional work that the library director would want done.
Great experience for undergraduate.
Geology Laboratory Set Up (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: easy
Cons: not challenging enough
Great experience for undergraduate. worked along and had lots of guild lines in the manual. Teachers aren't there on the weekend when the set up happens so some times getting help is difficult.