University of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

Good place for a clinical
LaCrosse Student Health Services (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIOctober 21, 2015
I had good supervision and an appropriately diverse case load at this location. The patient's are primarily students with orthopedic concerns.
Productive and fun work place with peers and co-eds
Lead Worker / Intramural Referee / Events Staff (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 14, 2015
Started in operations, after 9 months, I was promoted to lead worker. My managers were happy with my performance so they asked if I'd help promote intramurals, which lead to refereeing intramurals, which led to them wanting me to work special events. The opportunities were almost endless.

Almost on a day to day basis I had to pick up coworkers slack and irresponsibilities. Not my most favorite part of the day but as time went on, I started to expect it.

Throughout a day lead working, I had to deal with numerous patrons on my own and had to organize my priorities as I helped patrons. Everyday tested and also improved my multitasking skills.

I learned how to interact better with customers, treat them with respect even if they were disrespecting me; maintaining my cool under a lot of pressure; and handling situations with responsibility and ordinance.
Volunteer work through the UWGB at the local Salvation Army
VITA Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 20, 2015
This was a great opportunity to learn the logistics of individual income tax. I had the opportunity to serve and file tax returns for numerous different people, each with their own unique situation. This allowed for greater understanding and use of the Tax Code.
Productive, excellent learning and fun loving research environment
Post-doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 1, 2014
It is a great exciting start everyday. Everything I do is science for learning and fun. It is difficult to express everything I do here in words. What I like in science, specifically in chemistry, is everything available here. Just enjoying everything here.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
A very kind and thoughtful culture
Administrative Program Manager II (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 24, 2015
The variety is nice, and I wish it was more. I also wish there was more room for advancement. Plus with all the budget cuts....

I like my job, but don't love it.
Pros
Good hours and people
Cons
More change would be nice
Very productive work environment
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 11, 2013
I loved the location, the environment, and I learned so much about the university. Everyone there was very supportive. Even though I was there for a short time, I was able to quickly learn how to successfully complete any assignment given, and answer a lot of questions coming from the students or the visitors.
Creative student development department
Sales & Marketing Coordinator - Union Marketing (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 6, 2014
The Sales and Marketing Coordinator works with a vibrant student staff which includes account managers, social media coordinator and copywriters and designers. The focus is to coach and mentor the account team in order fulfillment and client interactions.
Great Job for Students
Student Assistant Facility Director (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJune 30, 2013
I began working at the University of Wisconsin - La Crosse as a student assistant facility director in May of 2012. The job allowed for complete focus on academics when needed, and full time employment during breaks. I would recommend this position to any student.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Micromanagement
Fun place to work since it involved sports
Athletic Event Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 6, 2015
I greatly enjoy sports, so this was a great job for me. I worked in the press box at the stadium and served food to all the people who were there. I also worked the concession stands at soccer games, and usually worked alone since there wasn't really a big crowd.
Awesome work environment in athletic seting
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 16, 2014
I got to work with athletes on campus while getting my masters degree. I learned about injuries as well as developing professional relationships with co-workers, coaches, students and administration.
Pros
tickets to sporting events, gear
Cons
working on weekends, pay

Want to know more about University of Wisconsin?

Ask a question
Excellent department staff
Graduate Assistant - Accounting (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 7, 2015
I am currently working as a part-time Graduate Assistant in the Accounting department. Most of my time is spent researching scholar articles online and finding resources and material that professors need to write journals and case studies. The work environment is very relaxed and friendly as everyone in the department communicates with each other. I had to research and gather material about "fraud in financial institutions" an accounting course that was required by the professor to teach during the semester. Researching on this specific topic was one of the best part of the job as I found very interesting cases. Contacting auditors and internal auditors of nearby banks and discussing about issues such as "how fraud can be prevented" was a learning experience.
Moreover, It was very pleasing to creatively come up with ideas and plans to assist professor with the course syllabus design.
Fun, goal-oriented environment
Undergraduate Teaching Fellow (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 19, 2014
I co-taught a one credit course within the Center for the First Year Experience. It was an extremely welcoming office, and my coworkers and I bonded very quickly. It is a group dedicated to their mission of providing first year students with resources and the best possible year.
Best job I have ever had.
Animal Research Technician- Level II (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 21, 2014
I can say, whole heartily, that this was the best job I have ever had. My supervisor was supportive and treated us with respect. We were under his management but free to get our work done because he knew we would and could. I would never have left if I didn't have to move out of state.
Academic Coach
Academic Coach CeO (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 30, 2015
I loved teaching what I know best: Spanish. My former boss is a great person and loves to there for students no matter what.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours
A nice place to work on challenging projects
Assistant Scientist (Current Employee) –  Madison WIAugust 18, 2015
A lot of challenging projects
Learn a lot of research experience
Nice working surroundings, easy to make friends
Not very close to people's daily life
Productive but fun and flexible workplace
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 15, 2013
A typical day at work would include completing any tasks that the graduate students needed me to do, pertaining to research or not. It would also include performing tasks on my own running experiment and getting other work on that done. (Add more later)
Productive place and lot of opportunities to learn new things
Web and Data Technician, (Current Employee) –  Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE)February 12, 2015
The day starts with amazing treats. Making the rest of the day pass by in a happy and joyful mood. People know each other and interact often to achieve the over all goal of the university.
Pros
Informative and Pleasant
Excellent resources and Training
Ph.D. Candidate/Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 27, 2014
Top notch school. The instructors could improve courses a little by focusing a little more on teaching, but this is most likely due to the fact that their first priority is research. They do the best they can with what time they have. Excellent school.
Teachers aid
Graduate Associate Instructional Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 25, 2014
• Learned time management of the classroom well at the same time remaining flexible.
• Able to communicate information clearly and concisely to my students
• Was able to control and coordinate groups of individuals
Pros
Full tuition remission
Cons
Poor benefits
Productive and Fun Work place
Assistant Scoreboard Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 5, 2013
-Work directly with Marketing to coordinate on the the event scripts
-Work with Badger Sports Property to creatively display game day sponsor ads
-Create team and individual stats data to display
-Produce and update team open and fire up video's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Wisconsin. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3