University of Wyoming

University of Wyoming Employee Reviews

a good place to learn
Guest Lecturer (Former Employee), Laramie, WYJune 10, 2015
people take time to show you around, very friendly, great environment to do research, would be happy to go back and do research.
Safety
Janitor (Former Employee), Laramie, WYJune 8, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Pay
A typical day was get in and go to our areas, get orders made if needed. co-workers would meet for lunch breaks.
It's a good company to work for
Wish I could work there again
Assistant Counselor (Former Employee), Laramie, WYMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great working envionment
Cons: Athletics was loosely structured
Exciting and educational place to work and learn. Family environment coupled with excellent staff and faculty. Truly a great place to grow.
Standard Goverment
Business Manager (Former Employee), LaramieMay 6, 2015
Pros: Benefits, pay
Cons: Just another cog in the machinery
If you don't mind doing the same thing over and over you'll do just fine. Also, you are reminded daily how lucky you are to have a State job. If you have no ambition, no drive, no work ethic and want to sit on your A@@ all day, day after day, you'll fit right in!
Campus in safe town surrounded by beautiful mountains
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Laramie, WYApril 28, 2015
Pros: free shuttles, free concerts, sport events, friendly people
Cons: a few stores in town, limited job opportinuty for students
It is amazing environment to study. I had many opportunities, for example, scholarships for graduate school, libraries, professional seminars and teaching. It is peaceful so that you can concentrate in my study.

“Women in science” group where I gained lots of scholarship information, many other suggestions/ comments and open discussion on many topics.

Study in UW, Laramie very convenient. Friendly environment, free shuttles, many interesting events including sports and concerts. Location wise not too far from big cities (Denver and Fort Collins), but also from Mountains where I can hike, ski and camping. Welcome to UW!
Good professors and college
Mechanical Engineering Grading Assistant (Former Employee), Laramie, WYApril 16, 2015
Awesome place to go to school. Bar is on campus. awesome gym with a rock wall in it to climb. engineering department is tough, but professors are awesome.
Great job for students
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Laramie, WYMarch 11, 2015
Everyday clerical activities with some added fun with interacting with the students. Easy work environment on class schedules.
Love this place!
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Laramie, WYMarch 8, 2015
I have had nothing but great experiences working for the University. I have learned so much and love being affiliated with such an amazing place. Laramie is a great town as well!
Productive and very understanding work environment
Night Host (Former Employee), Laramie, WYFebruary 13, 2015
UW Night Host was a very good, they allowed me to do my homework and work. They understood that studies came first and management was fantastic.
Great enviroment to work in and allowed for me to meet new people.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Laramie, WYJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: worked with my school schedule
Working for the University allowed for my time to be managed well and to gain skills such as organization and planning. My favorite part was meeting new clients and getting to know them and their goals. The hardest part was not getting lax and creating the same work out program for all my clients. My typical day included meeting my new clients and completing a fitness assessment and directing and teaching the clients during exercises I had planned.
Basic day to day
Football Recruiting Intern (Current Employee), Laramie, WYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: meeting nfl scouts and new people.
Cons: surving a male domminant world that i now know how to handle.
Hardest part was making my male co workers know that I am there for all the write reasons. I gave tours to potential student athletes and their families and communicated with coaches. I did several office tasks before each game.
Working with Students for Students
Barista/Kitchen Aid (Former Employee), Laramie, WYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good flexibility for hours, good managment
Cons: balancing life and work was sometimes rough.
I did a lot of different things while working at the University. I cooked at different stations and made Starbucks drinks at one of them as well. I would go to work on days that I didn't have class during the lunch rush and make sure that I put everything into what I was doing.
Management was wonderful! They listened and did their best to accommodate to your class schedule. My co-workers were all fellow Students so we had our ups and downs during test weeks and such, but we always pulled through.
Finding extra time to study around my work schedule was sometimes a bit rough but I loved meeting all the different cultures of people that were going to the same college I was. flexibility
Great flexibility for my class schedule
Paraprofessional Educator (Former Employee), Laramie, WYOctober 30, 2014
Pros: networking
Cons: pay - college student wages
It was a great experience working in a Higher Educational Setting. I had the opportunity to meet a lot of great people. Host parties for a lot of important people. Being a Hispanic Student Programmer, I was able to assist in the recruitment and retainment of students.
The hardest part of the job was creating schedules to meet and great students that were new on campus. I had my school schedules, and had to consider their class schedules.
It was great satisfaction in knowing that my job made a difference in peoples lives.
Excellent Learning Environment
Field Technician (Former Employee), university of wyomingSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free rent while in the field
Cons: no health benefits
A typical work day while in the lab included retrieving muscle tissue samples from small mammals and preparing them for stable isotope analysis. While out in the field, a typical work day involved hiking through difficult terrain to check traps on a trapping grip, and tagging small mammals for a population study. I learned a lot about handling animals, as well as testing my limits under difficult conditions. I worked a lot on my own in the laboratory and managed the stable isotope project while under minimal supervision. I am also good working with other people. While in the field we lived together in quarters, as well as worked together for months. The hardest part of the job was hiking in difficult terrain in constant rain. The most enjoyable part of both jobs was working with animals.
Fun and productive workplace
Summer Research Apprenticeship Program (SRAP) (Former Employee), University Of WyomingSeptember 5, 2014
I conducted my own research for 40 hours a week for 6 weeks part of a prestigious internship
Professional staff
POLICE OFFICER (Current Employee), University of WyomingAugust 23, 2014
Cons: weather and no opportunity to advance
UW has a lot to offer; great benefits professional staff, good location. Some of the negatives include; no opportunity to advance, weather can get a little bitter.
Management is bad
Conference Assistant (Current Employee), Laramie, WYAugust 8, 2014
Management is different in the different departments. While working here I have seen management become less professional. There is really no way to advance within these positions and there is a definite lack of job security. The employees/co-workers are very easy to get along with but the upper management will not converse with the employees.
PhD Candidate in the Program of Ecology
PhD student (Current Employee), Department of Botany, Program in EcologyJuly 25, 2014
It is a great place to do a PhD, especially in ecology. There has been good opportunities to be involved in teaching, development of research questions, and also, Laramie is a great place for outdoor activities.
Excellent
postdoc (Current Employee), Electrical EngineeringJuly 3, 2014
Excellent place to work. Good place. Nice environment. I worked from 8AM to 5PM. I learned a lot about lasers. I trained students. The hardest part of the job is to figure out the problem.
Had potential to be a fantastic job!
Supervisor- Washakie food service (Former Employee), Laramie, WYJune 14, 2014
Arriving for work early mornings was a plus. training wasnt as thorough as it could have been. Most employees were pleasant and friendly while others were difficult to work with as a team. I enjoyed interacting with students and staff. Some co-workers lacked professionalism.

1 2 3