University of Wyoming

University of Wyoming Employer Reviews

Fun and productive workplace
Summer Research Apprenticeship Program (SRAP) (Former Employee), University Of WyomingSeptember 5, 2014
I conducted my own research for 40 hours a week for 6 weeks part of a prestigious internship
Professional staff
POLICE OFFICER (Current Employee), University of WyomingAugust 23, 2014
Cons: weather and no opportunity to advance
UW has a lot to offer; great benefits professional staff, good location. Some of the negatives include; no opportunity to advance, weather can get a little bitter.
Management is bad
Conference Assistant (Current Employee), Laramie, WYAugust 8, 2014
Management is different in the different departments. While working here I have seen management become less professional. There is really no way to advance within these positions and there is a definite lack of job security. The employees/co-workers are very easy to get along with but the upper management will not converse with the employees.
PhD Candidate in the Program of Ecology
PhD student (Current Employee), Department of Botany, Program in EcologyJuly 25, 2014
It is a great place to do a PhD, especially in ecology. There has been good opportunities to be involved in teaching, development of research questions, and also, Laramie is a great place for outdoor activities.
Excellent
postdoc (Current Employee), Electrical EngineeringJuly 3, 2014
Excellent place to work. Good place. Nice environment. I worked from 8AM to 5PM. I learned a lot about lasers. I trained students. The hardest part of the job is to figure out the problem.
Had potential to be a fantastic job!
Supervisor- Washakie food service (Former Employee), Laramie, WYJune 14, 2014
Arriving for work early mornings was a plus. training wasnt as thorough as it could have been. Most employees were pleasant and friendly while others were difficult to work with as a team. I enjoyed interacting with students and staff. Some co-workers lacked professionalism.
Great team and great forward movement
Internship - Editor (Former Employee), Laramie, WYJune 6, 2014
Working for the media department at the University of Wyoming was an amazing experience. There, I created and edited press releases, attended press conferences, wrote a student feature piece, and photographed for press releases.
Short staffed and very disorganized
Resident Life and Dining Services (Current Employee), Laramie, WYMay 28, 2014
I worked there for a short amount of time as a landscaper/laborer and the organization was very sloppy. Duties for the day were very random and unplanned and staff was very unprofessional.
My college work study.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Laramie, WYApril 16, 2014
Pros: great workplace, great people, great students
Cons: not a permanent job
I worked in the teaching labs doling out glassware, chemicals, and PPE to students. I also helped a grad student at night who was synthesizing borane compounds. I learned a huge amount about laboratory and chemical safety in my time here.
Dr. Cochran was a great professor and my direct boss. He and his grad students were amazing to work with. They taught – more... me how to use every piece of analysis equipment in the labs and trusted me with greatly important tasks.
I do not believe there was a hard part of this job. There was an extreme amount of thought necessary, but it was always a pleasure to help the people I worked with with anything I could. – less
Benefits are outstanding
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Laramie, WYApril 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: middle managment
Visit with students to help them understand their account. Prepare invoices for 3rd Party Billing. Deposit payments. Inter act with other University departments. Input data.
University of Wyoming
Primary Instructor of Rhetoric and Composition (Former Employee), Laramie, WYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great support and leadership
Cons: cold winter
Typical Day

Provided freshman composition instruction

Great faculty and learning environment

Hardest Part

Cold Winters
Employee, Resident Life and Dining Services (Former Employee), Laramie, WYMarch 17, 2014
Pros: multiple breaks
Students are offered part time jobs at Maintenance Department at University of Wyoming Arena are responsible to cleaning up multiple locations at the stadium including locker room, football field, basketball field, offices, etc. From the job, i learned how to work in a cooperating and high- volume work environment. I enjoyed working with other students – more... and supervisors were very nice. They taught me a lot in how to handle my job. The hardest part of the job would be working with people who weren't responsible in completing their tasks. – less
I worked 20 1/2 years with the University and met a lot of fantastic people.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Laramie, WYFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: meeting new students every year. participating in functions and events which is fun for all
Cons: not finding certain things, items, locations for functions, or lack of money to see them thru.
UW was a somewhat fast pace place to work during the peak times when students arrive for new semesters. The selection of the RA and getting to know them to work with then for events and activities that they plan throughout the year. the functions required getting supplies and equipment to carry out the functions and the purchase orders had to be prepared – more... for keeping track of what they spend and how much is available at all time. some of the most difficult things were locating supplies and or places to carry out the functions. – less
UW provided the work experience I needed along with supervisory skills.
Research Associate I (Former Employee), Laramie, WYFebruary 17, 2014
I managed the soil testing laboratory by delegating the required soil analysis work to student employees. The work that was not completed I did to pick up the slack and make sure samples were analyzed. This enabled my supervisor to prepare timely recommendations for the farmers and dealers who submitted samples. I learned how to manage student workers – more... while being mentored by my supervisor. I enjoyed the satisfaction of providing timely and accurate analyses for the customer. – less
Anxiety Lab
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Anxiety LabJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: good college experience
Cons: no pay
Great for college credit and learning. You run participants through studies and collect data. Professor Deacon is the best, very helpful and supportive. It's good for getting experience.
Wonderful people to work with
Catering chef (Former Employee), Laramie, WYJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: no raises because of the wage freeze.
The catering Department had a family like atmosphere. In that everyone looked out for each other both personally and professionally. As budgets got cut everyone stepped up to maintain a good operation. I learned so much working with the whole University of Wyoming staff. The only negative was the Wage Freeze implemented by the Wyoming government.
A good experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Laramie, WYJanuary 16, 2014
Gave me a beneficial experience of allowing me to share my knowledge in a lecturing format.
Fun environment
Research Associate (Former Employee), Laramie, WYNovember 23, 2013
Some people are hard to work with, others not.. They will work with your class schedule and other jobs as well.
job
Information Specialist (Current Employee), Laramie, WYNovember 7, 2013
8 hrs a day in the basement with my red stapler working on TPS reports for my Lundberg boss. Needs more Dilbert cartoon in the workplace.
Small community is a plus, but the overall quality of instructors seems lacking.
Tutor (Current Employee), Laramie, WYNovember 4, 2013
The faculty and students have a sense of pride and community, which is great. The classes are small enough that you get the attention you need to succeed. However, some instructors I have had were upstaged by the T.A.'s themselves.