University of Wyoming Employee Reviews

Great Graduate Assistant Opportunities
Music Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYAugust 4, 2017
The University of Wyoming offers a multitude of opportunities for graduate students. The skills learned during your time as a graduate assistant are conducive to your future career.
Productive and effective research project
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  LaramieJuly 5, 2017
I was an exchange student in University of Wyoming. At the end of the semester, I have received several propositions of work and research for the summer session. Since research is a field of interest of mine, I seized one of the opportunities and extended my stay there. My first day at work was so challenging. I was a newbie. I had no idea whatsoever about the tasks I was assigned. My fast learning capabilities made me a valuable asset from the second week. I enjoyed working there with professionals and PhD students as I was the only undergraduate there.
it is a nice university
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJune 30, 2017
Although I have a little experience with this university but I like it.
The workplace culture is amazing. The city is very small but the weather is beautiful.
Ok
Office Assistant, Sr (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJune 29, 2017
One of the only "good" jobs in this college town. Not much room for moving. Lateral moves from department to department seem to run high. Overall decent pay, but small raises.
Student Athletic Trainer
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJune 29, 2017
Student athletic trainer at University of Wyoming. My first experiences as an athletic trainer, all the while attending classes and completing my BS. A stressful necessity that only improved myself as an athletic trainer and becoming a responsible adult.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Work/life balance
Lack of direction
Systems Administrator III (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYJune 25, 2017
Managers have no direction for the future and are poorly informed.

Workplace culture is a problem and many employees are given preferential treatment over others due to nepotism.
Fantastic work experience opportunities
Engineering Intern, Facilities Engineering (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYJune 22, 2017
This school is filled with possibilities to gain real-world experience related to your major, and the people I work with are kind, respectful, humorous, and very supportive.
Would not recommend
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 22, 2017
This review references the position in the business office in Cheyenne.

Working hours are not always 8-5 as posted for this position.

Lack of teamwork

Lack of a go-to manual for employees to follow.

I personally heard employee visit about low Employee morale .
If you already have a good job keep it!!

Lack of a sold work process manual.
Benefits
Cons
work environment, lack of good fair leadership
Experience Working As a Lab Assistant.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJune 10, 2017
The job was very interesting and my supervisor was very nice to work with. In my opinion, being a lab assistant was not challenging. During work day, lab assistants are relay required to be at the lab early to check all the equipments. During the lab, I assisted students who are having difficulties in performing the experiment as well as answering questions to the best of my knowledge. The hardest part of the job is when the students are not convinced with my explanations even though the answers I gave them are correct. I learned a lot after being a lab assistant for this class because it forces me to learn and know more about the material of the class to be able to assist the students better.
Great workplace
Teacher's Assistant- Statistics Department (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJune 8, 2017
I greatly enjoyed working in my position. The people I worked with were very kind and helpful and I enjoyed working with the students as well. Most were eager to learn and to participate.
Awesome to work for
Store Associate, Loaf 'N Jug (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYJune 8, 2017
The University of Wyoming is a great place to work at. The job culture is very important here and the Customer Service skills you attain while working for this employer are priceless. Would recommend to anyone looking for entry level work.
Pros
Regular and Flexible Schedules
Cons
Not enough part time work for non students.
Exciting and fun place to work.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYMay 31, 2017
I worked with PhD students and research and testing. In the beginning I worked a lot on autocad and in the lab building the experiment. Later on it became more research driven. Meaning I read articles and presented on my findings. At the end, I was in the lab testing most of the time. The work was interesting, exciting, and fun. I learned a lot about research and the importance of quality testing. My boss was a great guy. He inspired all of us to work as hard as we could while still being easy to talk to. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all of the work we put in pay off in papers and the tetsing.
Pros
Flexible hours, worked well with my study schedule
Cons
The work could be very time sensitive.
Easy to work with
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYApril 28, 2017
Laid back and professional faculty, easy to communicate with and always available. Friendly environment. Great staff and nice students. Would recommend to anyone.
Low paying but good experience.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYApril 14, 2017
You can choose your hours and subjects. The athletes were all very nice and eager to learn. The facility is very nice, and the new facilities look even better.
Good hours, good pay, and a great learning environment.
SI Leader (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYApril 11, 2017
This is a student working position. I work in a lab with two doctoral students, and I have greatly enjoyed the job. The project is confidential, I cannot discus any further.
A good place to be at
Office Aide. Department Head Aide. Filing (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYApril 7, 2017
As a Geology Major, I really enjoyed this job. Being in the inner workings of the Department was a great learning experience. The staff not only helped me as a student but treated me as part of their crew. I truly enjoyed this job.
Pros
Wonderful Staff
Cons
Student Employee
Good working environment with co-operative advisor and other faculty members
Research Assistant, University of Wyoming, Wyoming (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYMarch 21, 2017
Doing a research work is not an easy job. However, for me this project turned out to be fun and doable in less time because of my highly supportive research advisor, tech support from an experienced software engineer for building the landslide monitoring and warning system, and the senior lab technician who helped me build the models for my laboratory landslide experiments.
Working for more than two and a half years in this research project now, I have learned to be a good researcher, think rationally about and come up with all possible alternatives to solve the problems related to my work.
Relaxing enviroment with amazing communication
Tutor for the Athletics (Current Employee) –  University of wyomingMarch 13, 2017
A typical day would be, first the tutor walks in and meets with the student they are tutoring. You and the student then come up with a plan as to how they learn better and understand the material. After a plan as been made, the tutor and student then use this plan to teach and learn the material. Sometimes the plan needs to be adjusted because it is either not working for the tutor or the student. After the session is over, you met with there academic advisor to let them know if the student is improving or not. This is the biggest part of my job, because I have to be able to communicate with the advisor and the student to help improve there learning and grades.
Pros
Great communicaiton, management is easy to deal with
Cons
Students sometimes do not come prepared
Medium-size land-grant four-year university in Rocky Mountains
ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYFebruary 6, 2017
Work days are busy but collegiality is high. Students here are highly motivated.and are a pleasure to teach. University buildings are equipped with up-to-date technology.
Pros
Friendly community; abundant outdoor recreation opportunities.
Cons
Climate is austere in winter months.
Fun to Work With Professor
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYFebruary 3, 2017
This is a great job. I rather enjoy working with my professor to help teach undergraduate students learn thermodynamics. It is a very rewarding job and I cannot say enough about how great this experience is.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Wyoming. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2