University of Wyoming Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoy all design softwar
Teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYJune 11, 2016
I enjoy the time with students and helped them to get all projects done.
The hardest part of this job is how to get all teaching job and my own study done.
taught me several things regarding leadership and prepared me as a cadet
Assistant S-1 Assistant Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYApril 19, 2016
We were cadets and had certain duties assigned for our positions
taught us several things on leadership
I learned how to interact with different cultures
I learned many Microsoft offices
Pros
will be an officer
Cons
requires a lot of time
It's a perfect place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYMarch 8, 2016
As teaching assistant and a research assistant, I really enjoy working with my team members. They are very nice and are doing excellent work.
great learning environment with decision freedom
Director, Risk Management, Insurance, EH&S (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJanuary 28, 2016
achievements recognized and rewarded; management not always knowledgeable; co-workers generally supported mission; supported work environment
Typical Graduate School
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Engineering DepartmentJanuary 25, 2016
Great school. The research was great and most of the people were more than willing to help with anything anyone would need.
Great place to live out your dreams
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYDecember 13, 2015
I think that the University of Wyoming is a wonderful place to work. It is a challenge to move out of a particular role though, or obtain upward mobility if your good at your job because they are a little prone to being dogmatic and typecasting people into a specific job function. However, it is a friendly, small, tight-knit community and there a some really sweet people there who take small town living to the extreme with their big hearts. There is tuition reimbursement for those looking to forward their education and the retirement benefits are stellar.
Pros
Community values and kinship
Cons
COLD!
Complete Hw
Computer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYNovember 22, 2015
While working i was able to complete Hw while doing so. It was easy to manage hw while on the job. we had to clean two computer nodes per shift which wasn't bad. Flexible hours to meet school dedlines.
Productive and fun workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYNovember 19, 2015
As a Grad student I had the privilege of working on Tropical Hydrology with the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute at the Panama Canal Watershed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was camping out in tropical forests collecting data and making experiments. Team work undergoes a different meaning when dealing on hazardous conditions (i.e snakes, bugs, wild cats, climbing waterfalls) and no phone reception. Every campaign requires detailed preparing and team work becomes essential when you have a few days to complete a task. Everyday brings a challenge and makes the work interesting and exciting.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Winter lasts too long/too windy and cold
Great for students and alumni
Library Technician II (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYNovember 19, 2015
This was a work study program through the library. the people I worked with were very professional and polite. the university offers many jobs in just about every category. The hours were flexible and the job was not difficult but had the resources if you ran into a problem.
Pros
flexible hours, many resources available
Cons
no extra hours
It's great place to learn
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYNovember 15, 2015
It's great place to learn new concepts and apply them.faculty are really awesome, they are really helpful.particularly in EE deprtment, there is so much research going on high performance computing and other technologies.
Productive, Opportunities for self-development
Telephone Interviewer. Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Food Service/ WYSACOctober 4, 2015
Fun and diverse place to work, opportunities for growth, self-development, and long-term employment, small town living, close to city and city-life
Satisfaction dependent on college/poor higher level leadership
Assoc. Prof (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYOctober 3, 2015
UW has had a significant loss of leadership at the highest levels of the University. This has a significant negative effect on faculty and administrators at the college/unit level. If your college or unit has a strong leader, the job can be quite positive. If your leadership is poor, there is no help or support at the higher levels.

Pay is offensively low for most faculty. High profile faculty in powerful units do fine, but they are few. Research dollars are available at the University and state level, in addition to federal funding.

Laramie is beautiful, life is calm and family oriented, and students are great.
Great people to work with
Radio Announcer/Program Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYJuly 6, 2015
Good job environment with supervisors who understand how to get the job done. Always flexible with work hours and knowledge of how to best keep employees happy.
Great learning environnment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WyomingJune 27, 2015
I worked here as a research assistant. Great for learning, very talented people. High degree of influence, flexible working hours, and most importantly a sense of contributing.
a good place to learn
Guest Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJune 10, 2015
people take time to show you around, very friendly, great environment to do research, would be happy to go back and do research.
Safety
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJune 8, 2015
A typical day was get in and go to our areas, get orders made if needed. co-workers would meet for lunch breaks.
It's a good company to work for
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay
Wish I could work there again
Assistant Counselor (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYMay 12, 2015
Exciting and educational place to work and learn. Family environment coupled with excellent staff and faculty. Truly a great place to grow.
Pros
Great working envionment
Cons
Athletics was loosely structured
Standard Goverment
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  LaramieMay 6, 2015
If you don't mind doing the same thing over and over you'll do just fine. Also, you are reminded daily how lucky you are to have a State job. If you have no ambition, no drive, no work ethic and want to sit on your A@@ all day, day after day, you'll fit right in!
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Just another cog in the machinery
Campus in safe town surrounded by beautiful mountains
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYApril 28, 2015
It is amazing environment to study. I had many opportunities, for example, scholarships for graduate school, libraries, professional seminars and teaching. It is peaceful so that you can concentrate in my study.

“Women in science” group where I gained lots of scholarship information, many other suggestions/ comments and open discussion on many topics.

Study in UW, Laramie very convenient. Friendly environment, free shuttles, many interesting events including sports and concerts. Location wise not too far from big cities (Denver and Fort Collins), but also from Mountains where I can hike, ski and camping. Welcome to UW!
Pros
free shuttles, free concerts, sport events, friendly people
Cons
a few stores in town, limited job opportinuty for students
Good professors and college
Mechanical Engineering Grading Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYApril 16, 2015
Awesome place to go to school. Bar is on campus. awesome gym with a rock wall in it to climb. engineering department is tough, but professors are awesome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Wyoming. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2