University of the Arts Employee Reviews in United States

nice place to work
senior secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 31, 2016
very diverse place to work and get tot know people. Art and excellence is important to the university. The students are great and make it worth coming to work.
Ta
Graduate Level Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 26, 2016
Assisted students and professors alike. Enjoyed my time and learning how to assist others unfamiliar to programming.
Great income
Housekeeping Associate Exhibits (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 22, 2012
The income is great loved working with other people and team executive director. I learned a lot of personal development through great leaders of the company. The hard part was not be able to get families protected with the proposed plan. The best part to protect families with the plan.
Pros
great income, paid vacations (based on production)
Cons
comission pay not salary
Management of University of the Arts could have been more professional
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2014
Working at the University of the Arts, management in my opinion was not very professional at all which make the workplace surroundings a hostile environment.
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
wages
UARts
Assoc VP Facilities Management & Campus Operations (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2015
This was a great place to work. In need of the type of knowledge and experience I could bring to the table. I enjoyed my time there.
Learned a lot but no chance for advancement.
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 31, 2014
I TA for the University 1 day a week. It is a un-paid job, but provides access to the schools studios. The job is a lot of fun. Working with the students is great, and the teacher is excellent. I learn something new every semester. The only draw back to the job is there is no room for advancement.
Pros
access to printmaking studios
Cons
no room for advancement
UArts Is Like Family
Office Assistant/Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMarch 12, 2012
The University of the Arts has provided me many opportunities to work on campus. I am very grateful for the wonderful staff, who are all artists, and are always excited and energetic when working with students. Working with Student Life and Pre-College Programming, you are always learning, enjoying, and accomplishing large tasks. It is a very fulfilling job to work with professionals who are artists, as well as other students.
Not for me.
Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2013
I enjoyed being a student at Uarts, but the professional work environment was overly political, inconsistent, and cut throat. Personally, I wish I never would have started work here.
Pros
access to equipment.
Cons
consistent theme of politics over productivity.
Good balance with regards to working and school
Work Study Dean of Students, Residential Life (Former Employee) –  Work StudyOctober 30, 2014
Worked in many different and challenging environments with always something new to learn. Only a work/study program.
Pros
great people, challenging work
Cons
temporary for school
Had a very great chance of becoming a better job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2012
a typical day at work would involve drama and poor management due to the fact that alot of changes were being made without informing the employees.
Not a healthy work environment
Director of Public Safety (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 12, 2014
Vrery disorganized leadership lead to poor off the cuff decision making. Leaders did not include followers in decision making process. very "cut throat" environment.
Pros
good students-great instructors
Cons
poor leadership communicators, lots of back stabbing managers
family oriented work place with coworkers
Campus Operations File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2013
The University of the Arts is a diverse community of staff, students and visitors that are closely knit. I really enjoyed working with them.
Pros
located on the avenue of the arts which is beautiful
Cons
slow-paced
Fun job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PaFebruary 3, 2013
Helping students was a fun job. I honestly loved this job. If it was still available or If I was still a student I would go back to work there.
Pros
helping students
Cons
student job (only temp)