University of the Arts Employee Reviews

A great, relaxed workplace with kind and generous people
Box Office Manager and Advising Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 20, 2017
Even though it's a bit of a menial job that isn't particularly challenging, I love the people I work with and I am excited to get to work every day. My boss is fair, understanding, and personable and I feel like a part of a work family.
Pros
The people, getting to converse with students and to help them with their issues and questions.
Cons
None, really.
Good job
Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2017
Work study. Good for students. Not really much to review being that you can only be hired there as student . I would recommend to any student who can handle it.
this is a very unorganized place to work for and they don't take care of the people that work for them.
FOOD SERVICE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2017
I work with an incredible bunch of people. It is the management that all workers have a problem with. They are very judgemental and don't promote people within the company.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
close-minded people
Professional atmosphere
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at the University of the Arts would have a class going on in the fibers department. I would assist students as needed, help them with problem solving or order any materials the department might be lacking. I would prepare all chemicals and safety equipment needed for the dyeing department as needed. I would assist students with dyeing techniques. I would assist the shop tech with any projects she might have and would be in charge of inventory. I loved working in a creative atmosphere and assisting students with projects.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
not enough hours
Great
Imaging Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 28, 2016
A great place to work filled with employees who care. I'm a student who works here so it's great that the hours provide me with flexible schedules.
Typical Office assistant job, Great for students
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2016
Scheduling meetings for the Deans and Assistant Presidents. Providing information to parents and students. Mail delivery and filing. Great workspace and excelent on the job training.
Pros
Fun loving work environment full of artists
Cons
Low Pay
nice place to work
senior secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 31, 2016
very diverse place to work and get tot know people. Art and excellence is important to the university. The students are great and make it worth coming to work.
Ta
Graduate Level Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 26, 2016
Assisted students and professors alike. Enjoyed my time and learning how to assist others unfamiliar to programming.
UARts
Assoc VP Facilities Management & Campus Operations (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2015
This was a great place to work. In need of the type of knowledge and experience I could bring to the table. I enjoyed my time there.
Doing freelance at The University of the Arts (Uarts)
Freelance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2015
On a Typical Day I would be working on a design for school event that would be coming up in the next few months. I learned a lot about staying in branding boundaries and learning to remember those set of rules. I would always receive concise feed back for my designs from management and make my changes accordingly if needed. It was freelance so I had no coworkers. The hardest part of the Job was balancing the job on top of school work. The most enjoyable part was being able to attend all the events for free.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
School Vs Work
Good balance with regards to working and school
Work Study Dean of Students, Residential Life (Former Employee) –  Work StudyOctober 30, 2014
Worked in many different and challenging environments with always something new to learn. Only a work/study program.
Pros
Great people, challenging work
Cons
Temporary for school
Learned a lot but no chance for advancement.
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 31, 2014
I TA for the University 1 day a week. It is a un-paid job, but provides access to the schools studios. The job is a lot of fun. Working with the students is great, and the teacher is excellent. I learn something new every semester. The only draw back to the job is there is no room for advancement.
Pros
Access to printmaking studios
Cons
No room for advancement
Management of University of the Arts could have been more professional
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2014
Working at the University of the Arts, management in my opinion was not very professional at all which make the workplace surroundings a hostile environment.
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
wages
Not a healthy work environment
Director of Public Safety (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 12, 2014
Vrery disorganized leadership lead to poor off the cuff decision making. Leaders did not include followers in decision making process. very "cut throat" environment.
Pros
Good students-great instructors
Cons
poor leadership communicators, lots of back stabbing managers
family oriented work place with coworkers
Campus Operations File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2013
The University of the Arts is a diverse community of staff, students and visitors that are closely knit. I really enjoyed working with them.
Pros
located on the Avenue of the Arts which is beautiful
Cons
slow-paced
Not for me.
Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2013
I enjoyed being a student at Uarts, but the professional work environment was overly political, inconsistent, and cut throat. Personally, I wish I never would have started work here.
Pros
Access to equipment.
Cons
Consistent theme of politics over productivity.
Fun job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PaFebruary 3, 2013
Helping students was a fun job. I honestly loved this job. If it was still available or If I was still a student I would go back to work there.
Pros
helping students
Cons
student job (only temp)
Great income
Housekeeping Associate Exhibits (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 22, 2012
The income is great loved working with other people and team executive director. I learned a lot of personal development through great leaders of the company. The hard part was not be able to get families protected with the proposed plan. The best part to protect families with the plan.
Pros
great income, paid vacations (based on production)
Cons
comission pay not salary
Had a very great chance of becoming a better job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2012
a typical day at work would involve drama and poor management due to the fact that alot of changes were being made without informing the employees.
UArts Is Like Family
Office Assistant/Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMarch 12, 2012
The University of the Arts has provided me many opportunities to work on campus. I am very grateful for the wonderful staff, who are all artists, and are always excited and energetic when working with students. Working with Student Life and Pre-College Programming, you are always learning, enjoying, and accomplishing large tasks. It is a very fulfilling job to work with professionals who are artists, as well as other students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of the Arts. Our community is ready to answer.

University of the Arts Reviews by Location