University of the Cumberlands Employee Reviews

Very Fun Environment
Statistics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYAugust 29, 2017
I worked within the Sports information department. They have a couple very good supervisors who help you become comfortable with the college Environment and really help you with anything you need.
Pros
Awesome boss
Cons
Work study
I worked in the IT department
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYAugust 11, 2017
The people in the IT department are awesome. They are a lot of fun to work with and I got to work on some cool projects. A typical day at work was answering phones for the most part, but they tried to get you involved in their big projects!
Great work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYJuly 26, 2017
Great learning environment. The campus is very beautiful. I attained my PhD at this university and found the faculty to be very supportive and knowledgeable.
chartwells
Cook (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYMay 28, 2017
they worked well with my school schedule and that i was a single mom. The bad part you always had to work every weeekend But some of the cooks acted like they was in management even when they didnt work your shift.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no benefits for part time
Dinâmica e com um bom ambiente
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KentuckyMay 16, 2017
bastante diversidade cultural, diferentes oportunidades para crescimento pessoal e profissional
Pros
Adaptação na região
Great staff
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corbin, KY 40701April 12, 2017
Great staff. Everyone is very caring and helps others when they need help. Staff helps you with things you may have difficulty with. Its a good work family to be involved with.
Not for the faint of heart
Student Life Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KY 40769April 4, 2017
This position is demanding with little recognition and reward. The reason to do the job is to assist the college students trying to become adults and find their way while trying to find their future careers. The reason to do the job is to assist the resident assistants who are trying to balance the aboved mention things, while helping others in their struggles. If you are lucky you will have a director/manager who recognizes your work and shows the appreciation. This is a very taxing job, and is perfect if you are passionate to help others. It is not an easy job, and it will frustrate at times, but your residents and staff will need you, and that will be reward enough.
Enjoyable job environment
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYJanuary 31, 2017
I have learned many customer service skills from dealing with the residents in my dorm over the course of the school year; I have even had to resolve conflicts between roommates.The workplace is very calm for the most part and I really enjoy my coworkers and boss. My job is to be a liaison of sorts between the Dean of Student Life and the students. There is confidential information at this job, but it is for the safety of the residents.
Great place to work with great people!
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYJanuary 27, 2017
I would recommend to anyone to work at UC, it is a great environment with wonderful people. The University has improved a lot over the last few years and they are growing at a fast rate.
Great place for College Students
Microbiology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYJanuary 27, 2017
Lots of great people. Good for first time employee. Easy to navigate campus. Pay is great for college students, can put directly towards loans if applicable. After you graduate you have to leave.
Computer Center with Peer tutoring in various subjects.
Director of Academic Resource Center (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYDecember 8, 2016
I have served as director of the Academic Resource Center for over ten years now and have enjoyed working with college age students. I have enjoyed helping arrange tutoring appointments for students struggling with courses and then come through passing their courses. I feel that this environment was good for me. I have so much respect for this university.

The hardest part of the job is the fact that the students that work here graduate and go to new jobs.

The best part of the job is knowing that I am respected for what I am able to do.
Pros
This job is close to home, friendly atmosphere
Cons
I have no complaints about my job.
Excellent place to work and go to school!!
Graduate Level Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYNovember 6, 2016
UC is a great place to work! It is a great place to go to school!! They provide extraordinary support for staff and students. It has been an absolutely wonderful experience since I started as an online student and continues to be stellar as I work as an adjunct professor!!
Work Study Student
Accounting Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYSeptember 12, 2016
Many jobs are open for students at the Cumberlands. From the cafeteria to many business offices, there will be something for you.
Nice place to work
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYSeptember 9, 2016
Nice place to work but the pay is not exceptional. Management is very understanding and accommodating when you need to miss work for family.
Fun and Enjoyable environement
Work Study Student/ Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYAugust 4, 2016
This was without a doubt the best position I ever had. My workstudy position was with the Mission and Ministry Department at the university. All of the professors and staff are very nice and caring people. It never felt like work when I was there. It was more like spending time with family.
Productive Enviroment
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYApril 18, 2016
I love this college, it's amazing place to take a complete turn around in your life and head in the right direction. The professors are out-going and are eager to help you learn.
Great first experience
Student Work Study (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYMarch 4, 2016
Great for a first job and to get experience with. Schedule was made around classes and drop-ins were allowed. Could only work up to twenty hours though.
Productive and Educational
Resident Hall Director - Mahan Hall (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYDecember 9, 2015
Cumberlands is a great university that stays true to its values and believes. They are focused on bettering the lives of their students.
productive and educational
Student, Cadet Leader & Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYOctober 20, 2015
My time at University of the Cumberlands was time well spent with great student body and wonderful faculty and staff. obtaining a great amount of experience while making life long friends.
fun work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYSeptember 10, 2015
very laid back environment to work in, truly enjoyed working with the people i met while working there. Miss the managers there but happy where i am going.
Pros
Easy access, great benefits for school
Cons
Took a lot of my time from football and studying