University of the District of Columbia

University of the District of Columbia Employee Reviews

University in a staff/ personnel reduction status
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), District of Columbia, USAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: i liked engaging and challenging the students to improve themselves.
Cons: i would like to continue this work, even though, i am retired.
The community college is a more apt match for the needs of the local population. Workforce and job training programs and courses are more appropriate to the public needs. My work day consisted of managing and coordinating in-service educational and literacy classes for city agency employees. The hardest part of the job had to do with keeping the students motivated after a days work. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the employees saw the classes as a link to success in their jobs as well as a motivation to plan for a better job.
Sergeant
Patrol Supervisor Sergeant (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: government employee with great benifits
Provide law enforcement, security, crime prevention and environmental health and emergency services on campus daily. Serves as watch commander on an assigned shift; oversees and participates in all work activities; assumes responsibility for assigned special programs, projects, or department-wide functions or activities; coordinates activities with other agencies; and performs a variety of administrative and technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
Teacher
Teacher (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 31, 2014
Taught science, mathematics, engineering, and technology to 12th grade students enrolled in a pre-college
A great workplace
Deputy General Counsel (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 23, 2014
Pros: management is excellent.
This is a wonderful environment and the Office of the General Counsel provides superb legal advice, guidance and representation.
Great work as a Counselor/Coordinator.
Coordinator / Special Veterans Upward Bound (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.July 14, 2014
Pros: complete satifaction from assisting those veterans with there needs.
Cons: the program was abolished by the university because of loss funding.
I worked with the students that was veterans in the Adult Education Programs. I assisted the veterans with help in the areas of housing,
education and in locating sccial services. I learned a lot about the
implementation of various goals and objectives for these veterans.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was searching for services for the veterans as needed. The most
enjoyable part was working with the veterans and helping to make
them successful.
i give it a 4
Serial Technician (Former Employee), Library TechncianJune 18, 2014
Pros: great staff
Law Library was very busy dealing with the public and Law Professors
Great experience
Program Evaluator of the UDC Economics Program (Former Employee), Washington D.C.February 1, 2014
The program review did not lend itself to a lot of interaction with others.
productive work place and learn alot
Sanitation Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 16, 2013
this was a summer job it got me prepare for college. physically and mentally. They was very organize from not losing my work to keeping my timesheet right. Co-workers was very friendly. there was not really never nothing hard about this job because we was learning and getting paid at the same time
University District of Columbia Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 4, 2013
Overall, working in the Record Management Department as a full time student enrolled at the University along with having the opportunity of being established under the Student Temporary Employment Program (S.T.E.P.) with outstanding flexibility to work around schedule class hours was very refreshing.
Fun day at work
Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 4, 2013
Pros: being able to leave on time
Cons: irate students
My day consist of Typying all correspndence. Answer phones, Time and Attendance. And registering Students for classes. Filed xerox. Processed Personnel Action Forms (SF-50). Process purchase requisitions. Kept track of all files making it easy to retrieve if necessary. Received all incoming/outgoing mail. Responding to those that needed immediate attention. I've learned to deal with irate clients without getting out of character. My co workers were a little laid back and care-free. The hardest part of my job was watching them come and go as they please. The enjoyable part of my job was seeing the needs of the studnets and instructor's satisfied.
Great Position
Administrative Assistant Work Study Program (Former Employee), UDCSeptember 30, 2013
The position prepared me for the work place in a whole new light. The office was very large and I worked under a dean and several other professors. The workload was a lot more than I was used to but it taught me better multitasking skills and enhanced my customer service as well.
Law School Educational Environment /Fun
Office Clerk Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, WAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: lots of learning and activities
Cons: wish it would have been extended
I had a great time learning and studying. This was work study at the University of District of Columbia David E. Clarke School of Law where I assisted professors, students, staff and potential students.
Very Productive and comfortable work environment
Student Intern, Office of the General Counsel (Former Employee), Washington,D.C.August 12, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Basically, during my last academic school year, I was selected to become a student intern for the Office of the General Counsel for UDC. Typing Memorandums and filing university cases were my main duties whereas other duties followed. The office environment was comfortable to the point where I can complete my schoolwork as well once my tasks were completed for the day. Overall, the job was productive to me as it taught me values for dealing with workplace ethics and responsibility.
Nice Place in Transition
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 17, 2013
The university is making positive changes, but I have to move closer to family due to a severe illness in my immediate family.
N/A
Work Study-Clerk (Former Employee), Washigton, DCJune 23, 2013
Work Study non permenate position, part-time, no benefits
Duties
Director of Student Accounts (Current Employee), OFFICE OF STUDENT ACCOUNTSJune 5, 2013
Pros: work hours
Cons: short staffed
General Student Accounts tasks.This includes the collection of payments from students and 3rd party vendors, the maintenance and adjustments to student accounts, the issuance of bills, the issuance of 1098 T's, monitoring of all collection activities by 3rd party vendors, monitoring of 3rd party vendor who services all Perkins Loans, issuance of all student refunds.
Academics and academia fantastic!
Office Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 21, 2013
Pros: great health care and retirement benfits
Academics and academia fantastic! I worked in admissions and loved working with the students. The Admissions Office truly cares about the students, it is overworked for the volume of people whom come through their doors...

I will the Office of Admissions only the very best!!! They were a terrific group of people to work with...
Great Staff
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 22, 2013
Working at the university allows you to come in contact with various people in all walks of life. It is a great experience.
Nice place to work.
Management Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 5, 2013
Pros: educational credit
Working with students and staff. I learned to manage work load and helping students. Worked with different cultures of people in a team setting. The enjoyable part of job was being on the team and working under the mission for the University.
The only public university in the nations capitol and is committed to a broad mission of education, research and community service.
Office Manager/ Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: servicing the students and attend school at the university.
Cons: poor management.
Answer emails and telephones and facility requests; assist Deans, Directors and Professors with administrative assistance; process payroll and prepare leave audits; procure supplies and services and resolve invoices issues.

I learned that if you love your what you do it makes your task easy.

The management could use some help at the University. I've been there 10 years the University is working on their 3rd President.

The co-workers were very helpful to one another and very professional.

The hardest part of the job was when you had to depend on other departments to get your job done. Sometimes it would take too long to get simple information so you could complete a task.

I enjoyed providing administrative assistance at the University and I believe my services provided outstanding managerial functions at both the Law School and the Law Library.

About University of the District of Columbia

THE UNIVERSITY OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA “Where Lives Are Changed” Since 1851, the University of the District – Read more

University of the District of Columbia Photos