University of the District of Columbia

University of the District of Columbia Employee Reviews

culture
Professor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 19, 2017
Great place to work. Very diverse. Management is great. Love working in an educational environment. I teach class in the medical field, its great to see the quality of individuals that will be working in the field.
My work place
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2017
Work place at University of the District of Columbia is great, a peaceful, nice work environment were everybody gets along. My favorite part of the job would be working were I attend school.
Great place for work and learn
IT Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2017
Friendly colleagues who are willing to assist and help. IT support staff is.being appreciated for their time and effort, because campus departments collaborate with IT Department on a daily basis.
Pros
Cafeteria with great food
Cons
Food delivery person will have a problem to find you when you order first time.
Learned a lot
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCJune 1, 2017
I learned many things at this position such as gathering data and analyse it accordingly to each department. I was exposed to the bigger picture of operations.I was able to build a financial model through excel software with different case scenarios. I enjoyed working there. I got to be challenged, but at the same time I gained lots of experience.
Nice place to work
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Columbia, WAMay 16, 2017
Attended UDC when it was named Federal City College. Great location, nice people to work with. Like the new student center. I like the job fairs that I held there.
educational
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, WAMay 3, 2017
My account is being created for me. The person does not know anything about University of District of Columbia and therefore will not be able to provide a review
Nice workplace
Washington, DC - Library Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, WADecember 31, 2016
Productive and fun workplace everybody was uplifting people I came to work on time never late everybody loved me. Working here I gained so much experiences that I will be able to use in the nearest future.
Educational and productive work
Assistant to Relations and Public Affairs (Former Employee) –  Columbia, WADecember 19, 2016
I am currently pursuing my Master Degree at the University of the District of Columbia and also working with the university as a graduate assistant. My job mostly requires me to assist and coordinate with students thought the day while also working directly with the director of the student center on different projects.
We have a very friendly team that share responsibilities and work accordingly. Sometimes the student center gets really crowded with events, programs and students. That becomes a huge challenge for the staff. However, the student center team excels to ensure that we satisfy everyone while meeting our deadlines. Work is fun when we meet deadlines as a team.
Pros
educational conferences, diverse community
Cons
short breaks, low on staff
A Large range in student population
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Adjunct ProfessorSeptember 18, 2016
At UDC I had the privilege of teaching students ages 18 to 66. I Love the fact that students were supportive and encouraging to one another. Students were eager to learn. Unfortunately students were often not consistent in attendance.
Pros
Access to facility
Cons
Student inconsistancy
A very Productive place to work.
Administrative Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbia, WAJune 7, 2016
A day at the University of the District of Columbia is adventurous. We are challenged to provide new ideas to stay abreast with other colleges. I've learned being proactive is important and reacting is not planning. Co-workers are helpful and willing to pass on any knowledge that will increase your ability to learn. The hardest part of the job is when you're not able to give your ideas in a meeting because you were absent or had to attend another meeting. The most enjoyable part about working here is the wealth of the knowledge that is being shared.
Pros
Working with positive people
Cons
No healthcare because I'm an Intern
Work Environment
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJune 2, 2016
Working at the University of the District of Columbia was a uplifting and learning experience. My co-workers were very helpful and team oriented. Management was also great, very helpful, understanding.
Pros
Development and Learning Environment
Cons
No Cons
Very Productive
PROGRAM CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2016
My supervisor was excellent. The training I received working here was worth it. I will come back in a minute. Management was awesome and really were hands on with training and making sure that each of their employees were set up for success.
was in student government
TREASURER, USGA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 18, 2016
It was a real learning experience. I learned a lot about the good, bad, ugly of the workings of the campus. There are a lot of things I would like to change if I could.
Workplace of much Cultural Diversity
Assistant Director - Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2016
A typical day at work for me was fairly fast-paced during the peak seasons (January and August) and steady during the non peak seasons in the Enrollment Services unit.

As an employee, I learned to become diverse in handling each customer. As everyone is different, my role required me to be versatile from individual to individual.

Management is very data-informed and data-driven, which required the Unit to follow suit and operate most efficient and effectively.

The hardest part about the job was the lack of cohesiveness and interconnectedness across departments. However, this is getting better--as opposed to departments working in silos.

The most enjoyable part about the job was establishing professional working-relationships with colleagues (mostly) within the unit, external influencers, current students and prospective students.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Cultural Diversity, Location: Red Metro Line
Cons
Less than par perception
Productive workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 5, 2016
Computer lab is very big and good, five days a week, you can learn many things if you want, the hardest thing is little bit far from Virginia.
Productive work for the people of DC
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, WAMarch 5, 2016
Oversee day-to-day operation of the OATIT unit, including but not limited to management of instructors, support staff, student registration/issues, staff time and attendance, as well as establish clear administrative rules and regulations under the guidelines of the university
Udc
Department of Biology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 3, 2016
This was a terrific learning environment for a work study. The schedule was flexible and the manager is well organized as well as skillful.
Pros
educational
Cons
low pay
dedicated staff, good faculty, high executive turn-over, strained resources
Assistant to the Dean (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 29, 2015
Good public university with several highly sought-after academic programs in several colleges. Administrative turn-over and limited resources contribute to strained working conditions. This university is re-emerging as strong, vibrant academic center in Washington, DC. The most rewarding part of my work is helping students.
Pros
close to public transportation, grocery stores, affordable parking.
Cons
high turnover in administration, limited resources
productive workplace
Senior Design (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 6, 2015
intuitive and productive workplace with a positive employee atmosphere. It is a excellent place for hands on work experience in varied interdisciplinary fields
Productive, Great for the community, and a wholesome culture
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 3, 2015
A wonderful place to work no two days are alike but never overbearing.Co-workers are caring and respectful overall a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of the District of Columbia. Our community is ready to answer.

University of the District of Columbia Reviews by Location