University of the Incarnate Word Employee Reviews

Summary
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), San AntonioJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free room and board, free food
Cons: when school interfered with my work.
A typical day revolved around going to school and managing student conduct at night and certain nights, multiple dorms. During my experience at UIW, I learned creative and initiative ways of getting students to interact with each other via events that occurred on campus. Management was strict I learned more about making operations work within a work environment via teamwork.
Busy Office of Admissions
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), San Antonio TexasJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: met very many wonderful students, parents, and professors.
Cons: was always busy never a down time.
A day in the Office of Admissions was usually very busy.
Students and parents were always in an out of office. Plus
calls always coming in asking for information.
Excellent place to work
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasAugust 12, 2014
Diverse, and a not mundane job, opportunity for community involvement. Family oriented environment.
Great environment
Audio/Visual Technician Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2014
On any given day. An A/V Tech would assign a room and specific tasks for me to perform. I would go into a classroom and remove all outdated audio and visual equipment and replace them with up to date equipment. I would cut ceiling tiles to install ceiling speakers, removed projector screen and projector, and disassemble the teachers desk to install a new desktop with a Classroom Audio and Visual Control System attached.
My co-workers and I got along very well and enjoyed learning more about audio and visual technology. We got the chance to participate with the preparation of graduation cermonies by assisting the techs with the speaker set-up, wiring, sound checks, balance check, and a mock ceremony session.
When I was not assisting in the classroom installations, I would be responsible for the incoming calls for assistance with issues regarding software and A/V equipment on campus.
Great place
A/V Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 2, 2014
If you can just deal with any kind of person and don't get frustrated easily, this is the place.
Interesting place
Instructional Technology Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 24, 2014
Campus Police could rethink use of deadly force, and possibly find more peaceful ways to diffuse a situation.
Really need to treat their adjuncts better
part-time lecturer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: academic freedom, great students
Cons: no health benefits, low pay, disrespect for adjuncts
The people in the individual departments may be great and the other adjuncts are super but the organization as a whole really needs to treat their adjuncts better. We are just grunt labor to them and it shows. The students are great, though
Good place to work.
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2014
Pros: great holidays and flexable working schedules
Cons: expensive benifits
Great place to your career. I learned all my entry level communications skills here. Management was always flexible with working hours.
Convenient and Flexible
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 15, 2014
Flexible hours, approachable supervisors, professional environment
Productive and Fun Workplace
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: faith-based, family-oriented, a community
Cons: n/a
Working for University Mission and Ministry at the University of the Incarnate Word (UIW) was definitely a blessing. The environment provided many opportunities to reach out the university community as well as the local community of San Antonio. Working in ministry with UIW enabled me to grow in my relationship with God as well as with the people I crossed paths with throughout the time I was there.
Great place to get your education and experience
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio TXNovember 25, 2013
Small setting and family like atmosphere. Great holiday schedules for time off with family.
Challenging as it is a new school within the UIW community.
Secretary and Assistant to the Dean (Current Employee), School of Physical TherapySeptember 11, 2013
Work with students and faculty. Support dean as needed. Have planned events and retreats. Get along well with co-workers. Love my job and working with the students and faculty.
Productive workstudy workplace
Secretary for Online University Dept (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2013
Work study secretary job. Every flexible with school schedule. Management was easy going, understanding, and very helpful.
Great Experience and a healthy workplace
Student Employee for International Affairs (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2013
Pros: my bosses
Cons: lack of involvement and collaboration in some other areas of the department
It was a very good two year experience where I got to knew great people at the office. They gave me all the support needed to work and at the same time continue with my studies. My bosses were great through all this time and I couldn't ask for something better. I learned from both how to be more organized and responsible with any task that has to be made, no matter importance of it. I got to experience how the different areas of the department worked together for common goals and to achieve objectives, maintaining and creating relationships with sister schools and other groups related to the university. Everyone was on the same path of making the university be of more quality.
Worst Police Department I've Seen
Police Officer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2013
Pros: nice campus
Cons: no training, no leadership
I worked here and it was the worst job I have ever worked. The leadership does not have real law enforcement experience, I spent most of my time unlocking classroom doors and we didn't get any training. I would never work for this police department.
nice staff
Learning Assistance Center Tutor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2013
Pros: caring
Cons: pay could be better but it's good for what it is
People are kind and caring. It can be difficult to get enough hours in the LAC as your hours are reflected by how many people need your help.
The best place I ever work with
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), San AntonioApril 16, 2013
People are great. Meet a lot of new friends. I got tuition waived for my daughter for the 4 years of college.
Productive and fun environment
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2013
Was taught how to be an effective and successful retrieval specialist for contributions towards the school's benefits.
Great work Enviroment
Office Assistant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2013
The office I work in is like a family. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming.
Manager Role Of International Events
Assistant Manager of International Events (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2013
In the team environment, I managed international events (marketing, education etc.) while coordinating my teammates, and gave weekly reports to my supervisor.