University of the Incarnate Word Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2017
My time as a teacher assistant taught me how to interact and communicate in a assertive manner with student and others who needed help. It also taught me how to be good at time management because as I was working here I was also a full time student. My communication skills also improved by having to teach classes sometimes when the professor was absent.
One of the best parts of this job was that I had flexibility with my schedule according to the classes, project and exams I was having during the semester.
Pros
Flexibility
Great people to work with
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasJune 28, 2017
It is a great workplace! I have enjoyed working here for the past 2 years and they are another family! I learned a lot about how to provide excellent customer service from the managers.
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  off campus San AntonioJune 26, 2017
direct manager needs to work on being a leader and not a dictator. Felt micromanaged - not encouraged or motivated to succeed.
Learned to go along and not make waves
Excellence place to teach and further your education
Professor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2017
I am an ADCaP lecture instructor with above average student evaluations from my students. The class is called Dimensions of Wellness. The core of the class onis understanding your Physical, Occupational, Spiritual, Social, Intellectual and Emotional Wellness.
Pros
The class relates to their Wellness through readings of the course book "The Wellness Tree."
Cons
Sometimes there are not enough time to cover so many related topics of concern.
Learning and facilitative environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2017
The University of the Incarnate Word was where I went to college. Being a lab assistant here was kind of like work study but I also received a class credit for it. I learned how to develop lesson plans as well as demonstrate specific lab assignments. The hardest part about this job was fitting it into my normal schedule. The most enjoyable part was watching the students learn and succeed.
Difficult to function in this environment
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 31, 2017
Departments are poorly supported and unequally staffed. Students are without access to industry standard equipment and technology. The administration does not support faculty initiatives to support students.
Pros
The campus is beautiful
Technology Help Desk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2017
Truly a place to work with an understanding workforce. Not only did I get my education and training here, I also felt that the management cared about their people.
Pros
Educational benefits
Cons
None that I can think of
Great place to work!
Director of Campus Engagement (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 15, 2017
This is a great place to work. It is a mission driven University that genuinely cares about its students. The employees and opportunities provide for a great work environment.
Good educational institution with great people to work with.
Associate Athletics Director Sports Medicine (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2017
An up and coming athletics department that will excel. A great place for those who like challenges in regards to problem solving and policy solving. The people working here are what makes the job enjoyable as well as the students and student-athletes.
Great
Shipping Executive (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 1, 2017
It has been great working with them although there is no place for advancement it is the perfect place for a student work- study to work. It is fun and they work very well with your schedule.
Desk Assistant
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 30, 2017
Good work environment and friendly staff. Relaxed and understanding supervisors. Team oriented jobs are fundamental. Good place to work at and friendly environment.
Adventurous Type Job
Special Events Set-Up (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2017
Deliver furniture and heavy goods throughout the university. Setup for school related events and functions.Dispose of unwanted furniture and electronics.Set up for private functions held at the university. Break down both private and university held events at the university.
Pros
Lots of fun
Cons
very labor intensive
Miss working here
Student Assistant/Work-study (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 13, 2017
In 2013, I got a work-study job at University of the Incarnate Word's library. I loved working with books and the library staff. Since I was going to Incarnate Word for a Bachelor's in English, this place was very flexible with my school schedule. Also, the library let me stay with them after each semester, which was amazing, because I loved working here. I only had one bad encounter with a patron, but other than that, I was able to handle everyone else. I had to leave this job in 2015, because I was graduating from Incarnate Word in May 2015, which was sad, because I loved this job and the people there. Though, if I could have this job again, then I would happily accept.
Pros
Friendly staff and fun work environment
Dietetic Internship
Dietetic Internship (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2017
Part time and full time options. Gives you opportunity to explore many aspects of the field. Flexible with your schedule and degree plan. Offers Master's degree
It was good.
Recruiter/Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 26, 2016
I spent my time recruiting college kids to help call in the annual phonathon that the University has. We went to different event to find hardworking kids.
Great place to work at.
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 1, 2016
A STAFF THAT OPERATES MORE LIKE FAMILY. Learnt a lot about how to develop new educational programs. Office hours were very flexible. Very cooperative co-workers.
Our goal is to help students understand financial responsibility they have to the University.
Student Account Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2016
This position is a front-counter position that requires heavy cashiering (payments, petty cash and check cashing) and refunding functions for student accounts, following specific university procedures and policies. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am able to help students achieve their goal.
Pros
Up to 12 hours free education a year.
Cons
Healthcare was very expensive.
Productive and fun work environment
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2016
A typical day at work included sorting mail and packages, handling packages, and shipping packages. I learned how important it is to have the entire team on the same page; once someone refuses to follow procedures, everything falls apart. There were some issues amongst management, but it was important not to get involved. Coworkers were all students and very laid back.
experience
team leader of virtual environment project (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2016
Worked in the factory with machines to produce Al-Rabie juice, and milk. Plus, I have learned about factory systems and safety.
Lacking a dignified plan
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 28, 2016
My direct supervisor was a privilege to work for, however, the higher up directors grew to be very untrustworthy, dishonest, misleading and there seemed to be a large disconnect and lack of communication/cohesion among all parts of the institution.
Pros
location
Cons
lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of the Incarnate Word. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3