University of the Ozarks Employee Reviews

University job
Soccer Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARJuly 16, 2017
It was a great university job to have to help balance the costs of university. Allowed me the flexibility to go to school while working and supporting myself.
Started off nice, until hours were cut
Fitness center associate>>Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, AR 72830July 2, 2017
My hours were cut because every person that applied was hired. Half the people that worked decided not to do their job, so it would leave more work for the rest of us within a shorter amount of time.
Summer time work is taxing on a person
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARJuly 12, 2016
With any job, some employees work well with others and some do not. The hardest part of the job is the extra summer time work. It is physically taxing. Some heavy lifting and lots of stair climbing. Some of the personnel do not do what is required for housekeeping to do their jobs in a timely manner, so that makes for corners being cut.
Pros
Tuition waver Benefits
Cons
Pay is low and respect is low
Wouldn't recommend it
STUDENT ATHLETIC TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARMay 30, 2016
They pick and choose who they want to hire for the job and they tell your business to other people. You won't get many hours
Keep the dorms and the rest of campus up and running
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARSeptember 1, 2015
It was a good place to work, But me and my wife decided to move back to Fayetteville. when people get hired back on they got to keep the pay they had when they left or got fired and they also got to keep the same amount of vacation and sick time instead of starting at the bottom like the rest of us did.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Not treated the same
A positive and fun workplace
Fitness Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARAugust 16, 2015
Everyday i would show up and check out the fitness center and the machines used, as well as the aerobics room. I would see if anything is broken and how often someone used a machine or the aerobics room. I would check the log in hours of my workers and make sure everyone worked their proper hours. At the end of the month i would count up the hours and was in charge of people getting paid
Pros
Honestly none
Cons
Under appreciated
Great people to be around and learn from.
Student Recruiter/Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARJuly 22, 2014
The admissions office is a serious on-campus job that treats the student works as real employees. It is a great place for a young student to experience what it could be like in the real world.
Office environment
Junior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARFebruary 20, 2014
Fun co-workers. Got really good at stuffing envelopes with mailings.
Awesome University to attend
Student Observer/ Tutor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARJanuary 24, 2014
My teachers, advisors, and peers were always willing to help me in any way that they could. I learned so much from the various field experiences and co-operating teachers.
Perfect for the busy college student
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARAugust 9, 2013
A work study position as a tutor is the perfect fit for a busy college student who wants to make a few extra dollars while going to class and working on the mountain of homework waiting in the dorm room. The hours were perfect for my busy schedule, but it only lasted a semester at a time.
Very Productive and Fun
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARMay 22, 2013
It was very interesting experience because the school was so small that it allowed for students to be better connected to staff and faculty. I truly enjoyed my college years at this school and would not change it as with any college the typical days involves going to class and learning and working in the afternoon to allow us to still study.
Pros
Create relations with faculty and staff
Cons
Low payment
A Great Private University which offers its Students and Employees a Place to Call Home
Assistant Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARSeptember 7, 2012
I attended and worked for the University of the Ozarks. I really enjoyed my time at this school nestled at the base of the Ozark Mountains. Clarksville is a small town great for a family and a quiet life. The campus is beautiful and the athletic facilities are getting better every year. Students here can find their calling and leave their mark.
Pros
small, tight campus where everyone knows everyone.
Cons
sometimes too quiet
Great Place to work
Outdoors Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARAugust 9, 2012
This is my Alma Mater so I'm bias but seriously this is the most employ focused work place I have ever experienced.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
under paid
Great experience to help others and self grow
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARJuly 31, 2012
Scheduling conflicts are almost impossible to run into and when they are, they are easy to work around. Easy to work with supervisors while fun at the same time. No real difficulties to encounter that aren't easily overcomeable alone.
Pros
good schedule
Cons
student's willingness to learn sometimes lacking