Basic Function: Serve as a member of the Advancement Team. Assist with development of overall alumni relations strategy. Primary responsibility: assist with planning and execution of a robust alumni relations program for the law school and help deploy law school special events. Responsibilities include: assist in development and execution of the alumni communication plan; review and write website communications and notices; assist in planning and management of a vibrant selection of alumni and special events in all geographic regions; coordinate alumni board communications and logistics; handle all alumni inquires and updates. Other responsibilities: assist with the education of all constituencies regarding the importance of Advancement – alumni relations, events and development - at the law school.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities (in order of importance):
1. Alumni Relations Goal Setting: assist Office of Advancement and the campus community in the formulation of annual plans and strategies for achieving the law school’s alumni engagement goals.
2. Communication: assist with editing, writing and the distribution of all alumni communications to include enewsletters, invitations, magazines and social networking; coordinate alumni success acknowledgments with other departments; maintain website content on alumni relations and events.
3. Events: assist with the planning, marketing and coordinating logistics for all alumni and special events at the law school. Work with the University to foster collaboration and communication about events.
4. Alumni Board: provide full clerical and staffing support for all Alumni Board activities.
5. Reporting: compile reports and assessments of the Alumni Relations and Events Programs.
6. Alumni Inquires and Updates: maintain and enhance the alumni online community; coordinate updates of alumni records in Banner to include tracking contact reports, address updates and alumni comments; proactively updating alumni records; produce reports on alumni activities.
7. Provide organizational and administrative duties related to alumni relations to include phone coverage, filing, and other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
B.A. degree; experience in Alumni Relations field preferred, or equivalent combination of like experience in nonprofit, business or educational setting.
Language Skills: Excellent communication skills in writing and editing. Strong analytical skills. Must have the ability to maintain information in a confidential manner. Detail-orientated with excellent follow-up.
Reasoning Ability: Must demonstrate a strong ability to: organize and prioritize work to be completed in a timely manner; deal with time sensitive matters; perform detailed work with accuracy and efficiency.
Computer Skills: Competence in use of information technology appropriate to position. Ability to learn Banner or other database system required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some lifting of materials (20 lbs or less)
- Bending, stretching, reaching required
- Sitting for long periods of time
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
This is a full-time position, 40 hours a week.
Occasional additional work is required during peak periods and special occasions.
Occasional travel to the Stockton campus or to educational conferences is required.
Valid driver's license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University’s insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
To view and to apply to this position, please visit the University Applicant Portal at https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/3484