University of the Pacific Employee Reviews

Excellent Managment, Great Benefits, Competitive Salary
Technical Support Specialist I at (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 31, 2017
LOVED working here. The ONLY reason I had to leave was that there was no upper level job vacancies. It is a good problem to have for a company to have such happy employees that they simply don't have much turnover.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great People, Managed very well.
Cons
No chances for advancement.
Productive and fun work environment
Sustainability Intern (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Work often with students and various staff/committees on campus. Variety of fun work responsibilities. Rarely a boring day. Great coworkers with a true passion for their work.
Great work enviroment
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 15, 2016
I enjoyed working here, the pay wasn't enough for a single household.
management was wonderful.
I loved helping others in our dept.
Pros
work hours and conditions were good
Cons
Too much money taken out for healthcare
Technical support specialist
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST I (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 5, 2016
Wonderful campus, other employees are nice. College atmosphere and you get to work with a lot of smart people. The benefits are good especially the tuition benefit 90%.
Pros
job work/Life Balance good
Cons
none to think of.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 20, 2016
Answer phones, file, book rooms, help students with rooms, order office supplies, clean out file cabinets, keep calendars for 8 office people. Order rental cars, book venues for concerts
Pros
great people to work with
A very enjoyable experience
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 13, 2016
A typical day at UOP would be to answer incoming phone calls at Hand Hall for the Directors of Development and the Assistant VP of Development. Reconcile credit card statements and run monthly budgets and summary reports for all. Manage calendars of Asst. VP and 5 Directors. Prepare minutes for weekly meetings. I learned the blessings of working with a diverse group of people and learning their different customs and environments. The most enjoyable parts of the job was knowing that I accomplished all of my tasks of the job each and every day. the greatest challenge of the job was handling a busy office and doing it with great care and ease. I am a people person and I love being busy on the job.
Pros
Very nice surroundings on campus
Throwback
Special Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 21, 2016
A place where everyone pulled together to prepare practitioners for important work in private practice and public service.
Good times.
Head Women's Tennis Coach (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time at UOP. I was surrounded by a lot of hard-working, talented ambitious co-workers. The atmosphere was good.
Multi-culture working environment
IPS Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 31, 2016
It was an excellent experience to work in International Program and Service office in University of the Pacific. My co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Our office serves all the international students at UOP and some domestic students as well. We keep track of their legal documents and academic status constantly. We also provided help in preparation of their I-20, OPT, CPT and SSN etc.
Good working environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 16, 2016
Able to have fun while giving good customer service to our patients and have great communication with manager, as well as co-workers!
Pros
Great Team environment
Cons
nothing
Beautiful place to work
Custodian Group 1 (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 1, 2016
Everyone at the University of the Pacific is very friendly and welcoming. This places is so beautiful to work at. Lunch can be spend walking the grounds.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Low pay
Highly productive
Research and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoyed every bit of this job. I left because it was a part time student job so I had to leave after my masters program. The management and staff were wonderful people.
Pros
paid break
Cons
lunch
Great school to work at and learn
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 5, 2016
I only worked here as a student assistant while being a student for 3 years. What can I say about Pacific. It's an awesome school to learn and work at.
I enjoyed my time at the University
Payroll Specialist - Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time at the University, especially enjoyed working with the people and the campus is so beautiful and lively when the students return.
Beautiful Campus
EVENT SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 8, 2015
I love my job but would love for it to be permanent that i could commit fully to this campus. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Great Experience
Student- Athlete (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 21, 2015
Good communication throughout all of athletics. Friendly environment that encouraged individual and community growth.
Exciting to work in higher education environment.
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 27, 2015
By answering phones, department emails, and supportive team members during my training, I was able to learn the various professional and continuing education programs offered by the Center. It was rewarding to me to be able to assist callers or email inquiries without forwarding the work on the other members of the team. I enjoy the challenge of multi-tasking between unexpected visitors with different needs as well as incoming phone calls to be assisted. The most difficult task for me is leaving this team.
Pros
Working with an incredibly talented, committed, and dedicated team.
Easy job on the side and beneficial for the student in need
Student Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 24, 2015
Go to class, start recording notes on a carbon copy note book. Review notes with professor after figuring out their office hours. Edit notes for the final time and add important details and examples that the student may find extremely helpful. I learn how to record good quality notes and take great attention into detail. Able to take perspective of another to fully understand notes. Management is very kind and considerate, very organized. I don't work with co-workers but they do give me tips in organizing my notes. Hardest part would be to schedule a time to meet with the professor and to submit the notes punctually. Enjoyable part would be helping the student who has difficulty understanding the course.
Pros
Free notebooks
Quality Education
Records Coordinator/Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 31, 2015
Past 9 years catering to students and families who want a great education and continuing teachers or any student who wants to refresh or simply want to take a class.

Customer services key for growth of students and continuing students. and for Teachers.

Come to respect some great management leaders who have encouraged me and some that need new training to better deal with staff and continual change in a growing and changing educational field.

Loving my team and my new environment in the Center for Professional and Continuing Education department. Learning and growing in continuing education.

The hardest part of the job - right now would be uncertainty of the department and its future. Management is down sizing and not sure if i will be apart of that or how it will affect me moving forward. Need something more secure.

The most enjoyable part of the day would be helping a teacher to meet the deadline of submitting a grade or a transcript that will help them move up the ladder of there pay scale with their school districts. Or for re certification for their license to remain teachers.
Helping a student Athlete who needs just a few units to be eligible to play his or her team sport. Whatever I can do to help others meet their goals.
Pros
Great environment great staff no drama or politics
Cons
Department undergoing downsizing - Job uncertainty
Good small school where teachers and students can get to know one another.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 12, 2015
The teachers are usually very supportive, caring, and accessible whenever one has questions regarding class material. They show true interest in the success of the students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of the Pacific. Our community is ready to answer.

University of the Pacific Reviews by Location