University of the Pacific Employee Reviews in United States

Beautiful place to work
Custodian Group 1 (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 1, 2016
Everyone at the University of the Pacific is very friendly and welcoming. This places is so beautiful to work at. Lunch can be spend walking the grounds.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Low pay
Highly productive
Research and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoyed every bit of this job. I left because it was a part time student job so I had to leave after my masters program. The management and staff were wonderful people.
Pros
paid break
Cons
lunch
Great school to work at and learn
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 5, 2016
I only worked here as a student assistant while being a student for 3 years. What can I say about Pacific. It's an awesome school to learn and work at.
I enjoyed my time at the University
Payroll Specialist - Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time at the University, especially enjoyed working with the people and the campus is so beautiful and lively when the students return.
Beautiful Campus
EVENT SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 8, 2015
I love my job but would love for it to be permanent that i could commit fully to this campus. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Great Experience
Student- Athlete (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 21, 2015
Good communication throughout all of athletics. Friendly environment that encouraged individual and community growth.
Exciting to work in higher education environment.
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 27, 2015
By answering phones, department emails, and supportive team members during my training, I was able to learn the various professional and continuing education programs offered by the Center. It was rewarding to me to be able to assist callers or email inquiries without forwarding the work on the other members of the team. I enjoy the challenge of multi-tasking between unexpected visitors with different needs as well as incoming phone calls to be assisted. The most difficult task for me is leaving this team.
Pros
Working with an incredibly talented, committed, and dedicated team.
Easy job on the side and beneficial for the student in need
Student Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 24, 2015
Go to class, start recording notes on a carbon copy note book. Review notes with professor after figuring out their office hours. Edit notes for the final time and add important details and examples that the student may find extremely helpful. I learn how to record good quality notes and take great attention into detail. Able to take perspective of another to fully understand notes. Management is very kind and considerate, very organized. I don't work with co-workers but they do give me tips in organizing my notes. Hardest part would be to schedule a time to meet with the professor and to submit the notes punctually. Enjoyable part would be helping the student who has difficulty understanding the course.
Pros
Free notebooks
Quality Education
Records Coordinator/Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 31, 2015
Past 9 years catering to students and families who want a great education and continuing teachers or any student who wants to refresh or simply want to take a class.

Customer services key for growth of students and continuing students. and for Teachers.

Come to respect some great management leaders who have encouraged me and some that need new training to better deal with staff and continual change in a growing and changing educational field.

Loving my team and my new environment in the Center for Professional and Continuing Education department. Learning and growing in continuing education.

The hardest part of the job - right now would be uncertainty of the department and its future. Management is down sizing and not sure if i will be apart of that or how it will affect me moving forward. Need something more secure.

The most enjoyable part of the day would be helping a teacher to meet the deadline of submitting a grade or a transcript that will help them move up the ladder of there pay scale with their school districts. Or for re certification for their license to remain teachers.
Helping a student Athlete who needs just a few units to be eligible to play his or her team sport. Whatever I can do to help others meet their goals.
Pros
Great environment great staff no drama or politics
Cons
Department undergoing downsizing - Job uncertainty
Good small school where teachers and students can get to know one another.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 12, 2015
The teachers are usually very supportive, caring, and accessible whenever one has questions regarding class material. They show true interest in the success of the students.
Meaningful and engaging work place
Housing and Greek Life Student Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 26, 2015
I enjoyed working with the staff in the office very much. Co-workers were students just like me, and were a pleasure to work with. Our supervisor was very encouraging and helpful throughout the year with things we may have not known about.
Valuable Customer Skills
Retail Sales Associate of Merchandise (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 11, 2015
A typical day at work is setting up the merchandise table, which includes unlocking the large cases and folding and displaying merchandise upon the table. I learned how to use an iPad for card transactions, and learned how to be polite and engaging with customers and to try my best to fulfill their needs, all while being patient and friendly. Management is run in an organized and efficient manner. The hardest part of my job is working with the iPad, it is at times unpredictable and may shut off or log out of the app, also standing for many hours is slightly tasking. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with my co-workers and having positive interactions with customers.
Beautiful Campus, Lovely People
Exec Asst to Provost (Temporary)/Admin Asst III (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 5, 2015
My experience working at the University of the Pacific was wonderful. The people are it's best asset. You are encouraged to interact with many departments and coworkers and the work is stimulating.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Low wages
Great school with solid teacher-student interactions
Student Engagement Representative (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 5, 2015
Strong student to faculty interactions that helped me prepare resumes so that I might be more prepared for the real world. The classes, too, were small, meaning that I could better interact with students and teachers.
Pros
High educational value
Cons
Limited social interaction
positive work environment
Community Tutor (Former Employee) –  stockton caApril 15, 2015
Absolutely loved working for the university of the pacific. Everyone had such a positive and uplifting spirit. There was great communication throughout the entire facility.
Good place to work if you can handle working in Stockton
Linux / Storage Engineer (Former Employee) –  University of the PacificFebruary 3, 2015
UOP is a good environment to work in and, however, there are a few know if alls that you will have to work with. The management is good and a fair place to work. Most of the group are easy to work with.
Pros
overall good environment
Cons
working in stockton
small community, multiple hats
GA in Academic Support (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Because this is a small university, it is easy to wear multiple hats within a position. It was emphasized to collaborate between departments and put students first.
Very enjoyable place to work and learn
PACIFIC AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 28, 2015
As a campus tour guide, I got to meet a lot of prospective students and learn more about the school in general. Being a working student, I think the university does a good job helping you balance your responsibilities in both fields.
N/a
Library Aid (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 27, 2015
•a typical day at work
•what you learned office skils
•management was amazing
Fun and flexible work environment
Student Work Study Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 16, 2015
It was a fun place to work where I was able to use my skills to my full potential

4.4