University of the Rockies Employee Reviews

Competitive call sales position
Enrollment Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 4, 2017
Oversee comprehensive admissions database for all students. Advice individual students throughout the enrollment process. Assist with registration issues. Review enrollment activities and make changes smooth future applications. Not the best place to work..
Excellent
Financial Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 4, 2017
I loved working at UofR. The people were amazing and it was a different experience working with only grad and doctorate students. I learned so much working at UofR
Pros
PEOPLE! Students.
Cons
My schedule didn't have much flexibility
A Great Place To Work
Associate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 18, 2017
As adjunct faculty, I work approximately 15-20 hours per week. The hours of availability are flexible, which doesn't conflict with my full-time employment. I've learned how to use the online platform to engage students with various subject matter. Management is easy to work with and keeps us informed of new offerings. The most enjoyable parts of the job are the students.
Sales Job
Enrollment Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO 80202February 13, 2017
Enrollment Services Advisor really equates to sales. This would be great if I were a salesman. I am not. If you like sitting in a cubicle making outbound calls all day then this job is for you!
Pros
Good Benefits, good people to work with
Cons
No real job security, not much room for advancement
I was a student and I enjoyed this college
Student (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 20, 2016
I was a student and I had to take at least one class at a time that would last for 6 weeks and then start another one. The instructors were great and very helpful
Pros
Great learning environment.
Cons
cost of the credits
Simply Sales versus academic placement
Graduate Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 14, 2016
Everyone worked with a cube
Loud with everyone talking attempting to enroll students
Based on a quota system (enrollment is job security)
Sales driven culture, no student consideration
Turn and burn philosophy
Never valued their workers
Pushed selling degrees instead of enrolling dedicated students
Managers were held to impossible standards lacking little input or influence to upper management
Allowed to wear jeans but could not wear sneakers
Pros
1 hour lunches, free to come and go as you pleased, internet usage, play your music with your earbuds, casual dress code
Cons
Sales driven, no job security, no advancement opportunities
Fun easy going place to work.
ENROLLMENT SERVICES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2016
Co-workers are the best! They make the culture great here. Company provides an RTD pass so that is a big perk to the job!
Management is very relaxed. However, job requirements are very strict.
Concerns about leadership
Management (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 10, 2015
Many good co-workers, but leadership did not live out the styles they talked about. Management was not supportive of healthy challenge and conflict to improve, would rather squash opposition.
Co-workers are great to work with
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day at work consists of calling potential students who may of may not be interested in attending graduate school based on the inquiry they submitted online. Showing potential students what University of the Rockies offers through curriculum and customer service is happens on an hourly basis. Enrolling and retaining students through their time as a student is what this company relies on.

In this position I have learned how to remain grounded during intense events. Sales can reach lows through the year and it is my job to be calm and think about how to pick up the pieces and keep a consistent work flow. This takes patience and, most of all, honesty with yourself and co-workers. Truth has gone a long way over the years in helping me and friends at work move onto the next step.

Holding small breakout meetings and trainings is where my passion lies. More than anything I like informing new employees and refreshing old employees' memory about best practices to get the job done. A company is as strong as its weakest employee.
Pros
Great employees, location
Productive work place with opportunities for personal growth
Manager of Financial Services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 18, 2014
This is your typical 9-5 office job where you only deal with customers over the phone. I gained a lot of experience here that has helped immensely in my professional development and understanding of the higher education industry. Tightly managed with a lot of experience throughout the company. This is a great place to start a career.
Pros
experience, well run company, networking
Cons
over the phone, turnover
University of the Rockies
Full-Time Student, University of the Rockies (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 11, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my graduate level experience, and providing therapeutic services to clients in the university's on-sight community mental health clinic. The academic staff is very knowledgeable and provided a high quality educational experience.
Selling students degrees that are worthless
Graduate Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Denver ColoardoOctober 1, 2014
My typical day at work was to cold call prospective students and try to convince them that a non clinical Masters in Psychology would get them somewhere. Most of them actually wanted a clinical masters but I was required to convince them otherwise.
Cons
terrible benefits and blatant descrimination against employees
Excellent Educational Experience
Undergraduate Psychology Associate Faculty (Current Employee) –  NationwideAugust 25, 2014
The most enjoyable portion of this job is the skills that are taught to the students to become a part of the psychological field.
fun work environment
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoApril 13, 2014
nice place to work, co workers are friendly, great benefits.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very nice office
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 15, 2014
Desk and office job that was very redundant. There was not much moving or activity outside of the cubical everyday. This is a very fast past phone job, Working on a team was very enjoyable and I was able to meet great co-workers.
The office and location downtown Denver on the 16th Street Mall was wonderful and a very beautiful office space.
Pros
Great location downtown Denver
Bright students, interesting courses
Adjunct Professor, Psychology (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 22, 2013
University of the Rockies has, in my experience, bright and inquisitive students. My only complaint is that the numbers of courses available to teach are few and there aren't any full-time positions available for online faculty.
Pros
Bright students, well designed courses
Cons
Not enough courses available to teach
Cubicle, call center type environment.
Lead Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 30, 2013
It is a military led organization and is extremely strict, you do not have a sense of freedom.
Solid Company
Online Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2013
I have been working in this company for over 4 years and it is a Great place to work. I am looking to challenge myself in different paths.
Pros
Salary
Cons
long Hours.
Young culture.
Graduate Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2012
A young company experiencing growing pains. There are really high highs and really low lows. If you are not enrolling students, you are outbound calling up to 200+ times a day. My current department is usually the last to know anything, and often has a direct impact on our roles and being able to assist student appropriately.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of the Rockies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5