University of the Rockies Employer Reviews

Productive work place with opportunities for personal growth
Manager of Financial Services (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 18, 2014
Pros: experience, well run company, networking
Cons: over the phone, turnover
This is your typical 9-5 office job where you only deal with customers over the phone. I gained a lot of experience here that has helped immensely in my professional development and understanding of the higher education industry. Tightly managed with a lot of experience throughout the company. This is a great place to start a career.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), OnlineDecember 2, 2014
Typically, the day consists of checking into the classroom, responding to questions, reading and replying on the discussion board, and grading all assignments.
University of the Rockies
Full-Time Student, University of the Rockies (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 11, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my graduate level experience, and providing therapeutic services to clients in the university's on-sight community mental health clinic. The academic staff is very knowledgeable and provided a high quality educational experience.
Selling students degrees that are worthless
Graduate Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Denver ColoardoOctober 1, 2014
Cons: terrible benefits and blatant descrimination against employees
My typical day at work was to cold call prospective students and try to convince them that a non clinical Masters in Psychology would get them somewhere. Most of them actually wanted a clinical masters but I was required to convince them otherwise.
Excellent Educational Experience
Undergraduate Psychology Associate Faculty (Current Employee), NationwideAugust 25, 2014
The most enjoyable portion of this job is the skills that are taught to the students to become a part of the psychological field.
fun work environment
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), Denver, ColoradoApril 13, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
nice place to work, co workers are friendly, great benefits.
Very nice office
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: great location downtown denver
Desk and office job that was very redundant. There was not much moving or activity outside of the cubical everyday. This is a very fast past phone job, Working on a team was very enjoyable and I was able to meet great co-workers.
The office and location downtown Denver on the 16th Street Mall was wonderful and a very beautiful office space.
Bright students, interesting courses
Adjunct Professor, Psychology (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 22, 2013
Pros: bright students, well designed courses
Cons: not enough courses available to teach
University of the Rockies has, in my experience, bright and inquisitive students. My only complaint is that the numbers of courses available to teach are few and there aren't any full-time positions available for online faculty.
Cubicle, call center type environment.
Lead Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 30, 2013
It is a military led organization and is extremely strict, you do not have a sense of freedom.
Solid Company
Online Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 14, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: long hours.
I have been working in this company for over 4 years and it is a Great place to work. I am looking to challenge myself in different paths.
Young culture.
Graduate Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 16, 2012
A young company experiencing growing pains. There are really high highs and really low lows. If you are not enrolling students, you are outbound calling up to 200+ times a day. My current department is usually the last to know anything, and often has a direct impact on our roles and being able to assist student appropriately.

About University of the Rockies

University of the Rockies provides high-quality, accessible learning opportunities globally for diverse groups of individuals – Read more