University of the Sciences

University of the Sciences Employee Reviews

Good experience, poor management
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: poor organization
I worked as a teaching assistant during my Ph.D program at USciences. I would assist professors in hosting undergraduate laboratory seminars. This improved both my professional communication skills and my overall knowledge of the organic chemistry field. The most enjoyable part of the job was sharpening my chemistry knowledge and interacting with students, but there were significant problems with obtaining my payments.
very nice place to work
Patrol Officer assistant shift commander (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: all paid holidays and vacation
Cons: contract.
Very busy.
Proper handling of the public.
Professional.
Excellent to work with.
being on your feet for 5 or more hrs.
work place functions.
Close knit environment with very approachable peers
Graduate Student Instructor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 14, 2014
This private institution provides a close-knit environment to learn and grow as a scientist, as well as, an individual. Instrumentation within departments is available for all groups to use free of charge. The work place is a positive competitive environment, where everyone is willing to help their peers succeed.
Culture of Apathy
Staff (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 3, 2014
Pros: fridays off in the summer; great 403b contribution
Cons: apathetic attitude on campus, poor alumni involvement
There is a lot of bad morale at the university due to many factors. Stagnant wages, shaky policies, and outdated technology. Many folks are very pleasant but the few who are not are very vocal and some are unfortunately influential. Students seem very overworked and payroll is very archaic (still completely paper based).
Decent School to Teach At
Clinical Instructor in Pharmacy Practice (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 30, 2014
USciences is a fine institution of higher learning. The leadership could certainly be better, and much improvement is need in structure in order to adequately meet students' needs.
excellent workplace
Lab Instructor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free education
Cons: no breaks
Taught students in group setting. Learned teaching techniques. Got along well with management. Made friends with coworkers. Hardest part of the job was when the students did not want to work. Best part of the job was being able to have students understand something that they were confused about before hand
Good place to work if you choose the correct people to do work with
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2014
This place has all the advantages and disadvantages of a small university: good for interacting with faculty members almost any time and being noticed for your work, bad for being small and less funded.
A great learning experience
Laboratory Prep Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2014
Once I reach the lab, I make sure I complete the every day tasks that need to be done. After completing those, I continue to work on the task that needs to be done for the day along with my co-workers. I get to learn more in depth about the chemicals I work with and how they interact, giving me great insight into science. After completing the work for today, I will prepare myself for next days work.
USciences - Not a great place to work.
Information Technology (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 10, 2013
Pros: fridays off in the summer
Cons: low pay, no opportuniy for growth unless you want to wait around for 10 years.
Management sucks. Organization is top heavy, no raises in years, institution is in financial trouble(huge deficit), and very little opportunity for advancement.
Good Education
Graduate Student Instructor Assistantship (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2013
SKills and KNowledge gained from Public Health education were useful
enjoyable and productive
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2013
I wanted to gain hands-on experiences by being a research assistant. I learned how to synthesize organic molecules, called radiosensitizers, which have a function of enhancing tumor
cell death by radiation therapy. With the fast growth of computational research, I was curious on how people use computers to do
research. In this project, I learned how to determine geometrical and energetic characteristics of intra-molecular hydrogen bonding in aromatic oligoamide foldamers, which can aid in novel foldamer applications and provide new directions in biomedical research.
College
Student / Student Researcher (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2013
Overall a very enlightening experience. Being one of the oldest Pharmacy schools in the nation, I had access to a lot of pharmacology and toxicology based labs and experiments. This allowed a plethora a knowledge concerning scientific research all the way to practical healthcare.
A job that provided insight on working within a diverse campus community
Public Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: management skills training
Cons: time consumption, inter-departmental structure
I usually reported for duty, distributed assignments, then monitored the activity of the campus in regards to providing safety. I learned various aspects of management skills through the provided training throughHuman Resources. My Co workers were diverse in ethnicity, which provided a challenge in managing a diverse staff. The hardest part of my job was trying to comprise strategies to get a diverse staff to engage productively. I enjoyed working on the kevek of management and providing service to the campus community.
I love it!
Women's Assistant Basketball (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2012
Pros: travel
Cons: no benefits
It's a great place to work, I love working with my players and also my co-workers.

About University of the Sciences

Oregon Health & Science University is the state's only health and research university, and Oregon's only academic health center. – Read more

University of the Sciences Salaries