Univision Communications Inc

Univision Communications Inc Employee Reviews

Lots of lay offs. Owners desperate to sell.
Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 21, 2015
Pros: Interesting work, good pay
Cons: Fake people, frequent lay offs
Univision is a mess. Lots of lay offs in the past couple of years. Bad managers all around. Owners desperate to sell and not finding any buyers. Shows being cancelled left and right. Lots of people complaining about the many changes in recent years. A few good people left. More lay offs to come. Stay away if you want a stable work environment.
Fast paced environment
National Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Steward advertiser delivery across Univision’s 10+ broadcast and cable networks
Review and maintain accuracy of all orders entered into Deal Maker
Account maintenance: make goods, Audience Deficiency Unit packages, inventory upgrades, clear discrepancies, submit integration execution briefs
Review preemptions and ensure timely make good offers meet both client and planning needs
Exercise advertiser options, re-expressions, plan building, mirror plans and re-weight analysis
Coordinate with AE, traffic, agencies, Content and Promotions departments on all elements for promotions events, ad copy, and approvals
Fairness Always
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Univision treats employees well, and expects dedication in return. As an employee of there IT department long hours are rewarded by fair compensation
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 6, 2015
over worked
under paid
too many long hours
no time for lunch breaks
not a family friendly company
all employees are not treated equally
Great Company!
Production Sales Assistant (Current Employee), ChicagoJanuary 16, 2015
Working for Univision has always been a great learning experience. I'm constantly adding new skills to my resume. They allow me to work hands on in the Television/Radio industry. I'm grateful for all the wonderful management we have.They've allowed me to expand beyond just my job title. Allowing me to acknowledge what I like and what I'm good at.
Enjoyable working place with aggressive groups ....
Software Engineer (Current Employee), 605 3rd Ave. New York City, NY 10158January 6, 2015
Busy day in Software development, meeting & timely application support

Company-paid job related courses you could take

Management system keeps updating and being well-organized

All groups are cooperative well

On-going application support and bug fix

People including management heads are nice and easy to work with
Good if you are in the right department
Vice President, Finance - Content Distribution (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 9, 2014
Executive management are slaves to the financial sponsor ownership group and do not care about long term growth of the company. Only care about short term financial targets in advance of an exit.

in the right group and with the right direct supervisor, this company may be good. Ultimately, a good supervisor won't provide any job security.
Environment
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Teaneck NJNovember 6, 2014
It’s a very diverse work Environment.
I enjoy my co-workers.
Great!
Operations Technician (Current Employee), New JerseyOctober 5, 2014
Is a great work place, good environment.
great working conditions and co-workers.
Growing Hispanic media company
Sales Planning Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2014
Univision has been a great place to start my career in media. The company has grown immensely from when I started in 2011 and continues to grow.
A typical day as a planner includes building and maintaining UF and scatter plans. I manage a team of four Network Sales Coordinators- monitoring their day-to-day. I am in constant contact with my agency buyers assisting them with requests.
The culture at Univision is fast paced and intense. That said, everyone is really great. Management likes to promote from within and everyone is willing to help you learn and grow.
Use to be a great place
Supervisor (Current Employee), New JerseyMarch 20, 2014
Pros: salaries are decent
Cons: management
company is way too top heavy, a lot of favortism. The only way to succeed is to brown nose.
Good Company
Coordinator, Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: unique working culture
Univision has a diverse and unique working culture. They offer good benefits.
Productive and energetic workplace
Freelance Sales Coordinator/Research (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2013
Activities throughout the day vary as new projects and events come along. My duties went from constantly updating the different marketing pieces, content and creative layout wise, to help on the coordination of the different events.
Account Executive
Account Executive- KLTN/KAMA/KOVE/KQBU/KXLN (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 19, 2013
Cold calling new business in the city of Houston customer service and preparing media marketing proposal and promotional Ideas to develop clients business.
Great resources
Research Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 15, 2013
A great place to build knowledge and skills. Lots of different software programs that other companies don't have.
Great brand in the Hispanic Market
Director (Current Employee), Miami, FlApril 11, 2013
Pros: ability to work remotely, flexible working hours.
Cons: costly healthcare, re-structuring now and shrinking budget
Univision is a great brand, looks good in your resume if you are working with Hispanic Market in US. You have to be passionate and willing to work long hours. Even though, you are allowed to work remotely if you are in the Interactive Media branch.
Interesting Place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 9, 2013
Is hard to describe a typical day at work as new things happen everyday. I have learned to manage my time efficiently where different tasks and projects are given daily. People are very friendly and enjoyable to work with.
A fast-growing company with a faster-growing audience
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 14, 2013
An exciting place to view how the company is thriving on the growth of the hispanic marketplace
A fast-growing company with a faster-growing audience
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 14, 2013
Typical day at work: Ad-hoc fire-drill analyses and presentations for executives (competitive analyses, extracting and cleaning internal and market data from multiple data systems, etc.), and managing weekly duties such as managing status models to optimize inventory, which involves updating and correcting the model and meeting with pricing and planning executives for assumptions.

I've been very lucky to be actively involved with not only the firm-wide strategic planning process, but also recently with the pricing and planning side, where I've learned about pricing structures, media math, and how to maximize inventory as well as ratings.
Great team to work with ..
former employee (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 16, 2013
not willing to provide any further comment to upper management. as i understand, all were a part of the final phase of layoffs and new executives hired.

About Univision Communications Inc

Univision Communications Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is a Spanish-language media company in the United States. During – Read more