Univision Communications Inc Employee Reviews

One of the best places I have worked at period
Program Director/Content Director (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 7, 2017
Great Culture and vibe you make friends not coworkers.
Fast paced environment but everyone wants to win mentality from the bottom to the top of the chain.
Pros
the perks
Cons
E trabajado desde el 95 hasta el presente con caliente, control, a millón, estamos unidos, bla balazo , Gordo yla flaca , Chabeli iglesias por 3 años
Maquilista y peluquero (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 21, 2017
También en despierta América, escándalo , eventos especiales y actualmente en Republica deportiva y deportes y me gustaría que pensaran en mi si es posible para una posición permanente estoy muy agradecido de estar trabajando con Univision tantos años y con tanbuenos compañeros
Great internship program
Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2017
Great experience as an intern. Very hands on with a lot of opportunity to learn and grow. Friendly employees who care about helping you learn and teaching you about all the different parts of the organization.
Hard camera operator, Photojournalist - Editor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2017
It is a good company where in addition to earning their salary, you learn to perform many other tasks. You get the opportunity to replicate other areas of television production and administrative areas.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
n/a
Internship was great
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2017
A great way to get an inside look into the world of television as a student. It was a paid internship and I learned a lot about the stuff that happens behind the scenes in a communications company like Univision.
Extremely Fast-Paced
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2017
You have to be at the top of your game all the time. you have to be able to perform full administrative support to the SVP and 2 VPs in Network Sales; manage complex calendars, heavy travel schedules, telephones and expenses; interact with clients on a daily basis in order to maintain and build relationships.
Best team and work enviornment
o Account Coordinator - National Sales (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLApril 11, 2017
Working at Univision Miami was the best job I'd had to date. Working in National Sales, our team was small and we worked wondrously as a team. We had strict deadlines but everyone was always ready to help each other out at any moment.
We always had the support of our VP and that gave us the consistent drive to not only meet but exceed our sales goals.
I would recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
co-workers, support of staff, laid back corporate environment, inspiring leaders.
Cons
the unexpected lay-off unrelated to performance. Sadly, I was only let go due to company restructuring and I was the newest hire.
Fun Workplace
Promotions/Radio Technician (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2017
Fun day working with the public.There are many opportunities to meet celebrities as well as many opportunities to move up in the company. Supervisors are laid-back and understanding. Definitely look forward to staying with the company for much longer.
Fun and collaborative work environment
Corporate Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2017
Working at Univision was fantastic. The team was close and collaborative, and every day felt like a completely new adventure with new projects being developed all the time.
Pros
free lunches on Fridays often
Good Place to learn
Empowerment Initiatives - Freelancer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 27, 2017
I worked with the company for 9 years and it was a good environment to grow and advance by merit. I developed various products and had fun. Sometimes had to go around red tape to get things done, but overall it was great working there.
Univision
Radio Remote Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2017
Working at Univision a lot can be learned in any department. cross training in other areas was always available which made working at this company very interesting and exciting.

Work culture was very diverse as the company was diverse itself. every department was unique but all part of one big workplace.
Fun creatives
Quality Control Editor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 4, 2017
We review work orders that are to be edited into different versions from the original sequence then send them off to master control. Attention to detail is very important. Management is kind and flexible but while still firm about deadlines being met. The workplace culture is very similar to a small latin family; very kind and comfortable with one another. The hardest part of the job is when the holidays come; the workload doubles because of the days off that follow. The most enjoyable part of the job is the genuine attitudes and the team work hustle.
Pros
Creative collaborations
Cons
Late nights away from family
Senior Manager, Digital Distribution (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2017
Good place to advance your career. Learned a great deal from all of my direct managers. My division did a good job communicating long term company goals and individual expectations.

On the negative side, there has been some turnover as of late and there is a new ownership group coming in that might translate in to more changes going forward. The company has been declining in ratings over the last couple of years, but the brand is powerful and they will always be a the top of the list when talking about leading Spanish language media companies.
Work in different areas.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 30, 2016
There was no task to be completed at the beginning of the day. As the day passed, customers will come with problems or equipment to be fixed. From that moment on, our team would determine the best approach to solve the issue.
Pros
Flexible time, lots of work to do, learning experience
Cons
no cons
Boring place doesn't care about employees
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2016
Career advancement is null, if you want to move up or switch departments, you need to on your own time and if you express an interest in another area of the company it's frowned upon. Work gets incredibly boring and repetitive fast. No challenge whatsoever and sub par training
Pros
lunch and learns are helpful
Cons
hours are as terrible as work
Run
Local Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 7, 2016
worst place to work. do not care about you. just a number. Management will through you under the bus just to cover their back.
Horrible company to work for
News Producer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAApril 15, 2016
Apply here, only if you don't want to have a personal life. They will work you to death. No place for advancement unless you are related to someone in management. You will work including weekends and some days 20 hours a day. No overtime pay. Firing or Lay offs are typical scenarios because they don't have to pay for retirement. No job security.
Pros
You will meet fun and very creative people
Cons
No plce for advancement, salaries are very lows even with a master degree.
News workplace
News Editor (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoMarch 7, 2016
As a News Editor in Univision I had to work well with others and organizational skills. I had the responsibility of assigning stories to reporters. I send teams of reporters, camera operators and other support staff on location to film breaking news as necessary.
Pros
I learned to work with success under pressure
Cons
The newscast culminated two years after I had been hired
Where I received the best sales training and grew my career
Management (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 4, 2015
Univision Radio where I worked was a great experience. The GM was a radio account executive at heart and understood the ins and outs of radio broadcasting. TV and Radio now work together to deliver all assets to advertisers. Univision is a well branded company and is top of mind when you think of advertising to the Hispanic consumer.
Pros
Access to research, support staff, cross functional experience, Radio/TV Sales
Cons
More good than bad, like anywhere else.
Assitant Job
Ad Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2015
I did it all, from coffee runs to sewing buttons, definitely paid my dues! You have to start somewhere right?
I learned the intricacies of the business getting my feet wet to what media sales is.