Univision Communications Inc Employee Reviews

Univision offers the opportunity to experience a variety of events and network with businesses on the local and national level.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2012
As an account executive with Univision, no one day would ever be the same. I was on the outlook for new business every day, prospecting and seeing new clients. I would also serve and maintain my existing clients and accounts.
I learned that success is a result of perseverance and burning desire.
Working with a large group to make projects, events, and Expos come together was a valuable experience that I would love to repeat. Working in a professional setting with professional peers helped us achieve goals and grow together.
The most difficult challenge as an AE was placing myself in positions where I would be uncomfortable. I knew that if I continued to work outside of my comfort zone, my skills as a sales person and as an AE would improve.
The most enjoyable part of being an AE was closing deals, making sure my client was satisfied, and the opportunity to do more business.
Pros
networking opportunities, social events, and working with high end clients
They work you to death.
Commercial Producer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 8, 2015
I worked about 82 hours each week and sometimes more. I would not get paid overtime - salary they call it. They promised they would give me comp days for the Saturdays, Sundays and holidays I had to work and I lost them all when they let me go. They would call in personal favors like working 36 hour shifts to finish some marketing reel or something else and would not consider those favors owed. I finally left because I was owned by them on Saturdays also. If i did something in my personal time they would inquire about it. Not recommended. Besides they are trying to go public but they cant sell anything and they are up to their necks in debt. Every thanksgiving you would see lay offs like clock work. I worked almost 7 years and not a raise. You will always be afraid you are next in line for the lay off.
Pros
medium to high compensation, good health benefits and $4000 towars education each year.
Cons
no breaks. they own you. WE CALLED IT UNIPRISION.
A fast-growing company with a faster-growing audience
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2013
Typical day at work: Ad-hoc fire-drill analyses and presentations for executives (competitive analyses, extracting and cleaning internal and market data from multiple data systems, etc.), and managing weekly duties such as managing status models to optimize inventory, which involves updating and correcting the model and meeting with pricing and planning executives for assumptions.

I've been very lucky to be actively involved with not only the firm-wide strategic planning process, but also recently with the pricing and planning side, where I've learned about pricing structures, media math, and how to maximize inventory as well as ratings.
Fast paced environment
National Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Steward advertiser delivery across Univision’s 10+ broadcast and cable networks
Review and maintain accuracy of all orders entered into Deal Maker
Account maintenance: make goods, Audience Deficiency Unit packages, inventory upgrades, clear discrepancies, submit integration execution briefs
Review preemptions and ensure timely make good offers meet both client and planning needs
Exercise advertiser options, re-expressions, plan building, mirror plans and re-weight analysis
Coordinate with AE, traffic, agencies, Content and Promotions departments on all elements for promotions events, ad copy, and approvals
Growing Hispanic media company
Sales Planning Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2014
Univision has been a great place to start my career in media. The company has grown immensely from when I started in 2011 and continues to grow.
A typical day as a planner includes building and maintaining UF and scatter plans. I manage a team of four Network Sales Coordinators- monitoring their day-to-day. I am in constant contact with my agency buyers assisting them with requests.
The culture at Univision is fast paced and intense. That said, everyone is really great. Management likes to promote from within and everyone is willing to help you learn and grow.
very fast pace environment working under strict deadlines
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2015
A typical day at work involves communicating with the agency anything related with the current orders on air. Stewarding the accounts to ensure everything runs correctly and deliver-ability.

Management is bit antiquated, there is no room to growth within the division, usually hiring people from the outside to fill any positions that becomes available.
Pros
well known company
Cons
under paid and no room for growth
Lots of lay offs. Owners desperate to sell.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 21, 2015
Univision is a mess. Lots of lay offs in the past couple of years. Bad managers all around. Owners desperate to sell and not finding any buyers. Shows being cancelled left and right. Lots of people complaining about the many changes in recent years. A few good people left. More lay offs to come. Stay away if you want a stable work environment.
Pros
Interesting work, good pay
Cons
Fake people, frequent lay offs
Good if you are in the right department
Vice President, Finance - Content Distribution (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 9, 2014
Executive management are slaves to the financial sponsor ownership group and do not care about long term growth of the company. Only care about short term financial targets in advance of an exit.

in the right group and with the right direct supervisor, this company may be good. Ultimately, a good supervisor won't provide any job security.
Great brand in the Hispanic Market
Director (Current Employee) –  Miami, FlApril 11, 2013
Univision is a great brand, looks good in your resume if you are working with Hispanic Market in US. You have to be passionate and willing to work long hours. Even though, you are allowed to work remotely if you are in the Interactive Media branch.
Pros
ability to work remotely, flexible working hours.
Cons
costly healthcare, re-structuring now and shrinking budget
Enjoyable working place with aggressive groups ....
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  605 3rd Ave. New York City, NY 10158January 6, 2015
Busy day in Software development, meeting & timely application support

Company-paid job related courses you could take

Management system keeps updating and being well-organized

All groups are cooperative well

On-going application support and bug fix

People including management heads are nice and easy to work with
Great Company!
Production Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJanuary 16, 2015
Working for Univision has always been a great learning experience. I'm constantly adding new skills to my resume. They allow me to work hands on in the Television/Radio industry. I'm grateful for all the wonderful management we have.They've allowed me to expand beyond just my job title. Allowing me to acknowledge what I like and what I'm good at.
Productive and energetic workplace
Freelance Sales Coordinator/Research (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2013
Activities throughout the day vary as new projects and events come along. My duties went from constantly updating the different marketing pieces, content and creative layout wise, to help on the coordination of the different events.
Interesting Place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 9, 2013
Is hard to describe a typical day at work as new things happen everyday. I have learned to manage my time efficiently where different tasks and projects are given daily. People are very friendly and enjoyable to work with.
Assitant Job
Ad Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2015
I did it all, from coffee runs to sewing buttons, definitely paid my dues! You have to start somewhere right?
I learned the intricacies of the business getting my feet wet to what media sales is.
Exelent
Senior Broadcast Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 26, 2015
I's a great experience and a good school for my development in the TV field, I've have learn good management procedures and the how to work very organize.
Cons
Time demanding
Fun atmosphere
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2015
Fun place to work at but no advancement opportunities.
Great employees but not so great management.
Good medical benefits.
Lots of fun events you get to participate in.
Fairness Always
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Univision treats employees well, and expects dedication in return. As an employee of there IT department long hours are rewarded by fair compensation
Productive and nice workplace
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 18, 2012
For my current job, mine would be:

Integrity
Competance
Independance
A fantastic team
Knuckle down
Self motivated
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great team to work with ..
former employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 16, 2013
not willing to provide any further comment to upper management. as i understand, all were a part of the final phase of layoffs and new executives hired.
Univision
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2015
Good Company to work for, nice coworkers, good benefits, flexible hours, fun environment. Very active office and busy environment. Great location.