El Rey Network is looking for a Director of PR that can lead the Public Relations and Communications strategy for the Network working alongside agency resources. Candidates must be sophisticated writers and thinkers, and well-connected communicators who understand how to engage with the wide variety of audiences we serve – consumer, trade, corporate and social. Working closely with the VP of Trade Marketing and the COO for the El Rey Network, he/she will be responsible for managing all media inquiries, message development, writing and editing materials, and providing media relations counsel, among other responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing strategic communications plans to support the launch of the Network, the announcement of new executive appointments, develop 360 PR plans for the launch of new original series, work with shows, key talent, etc
- Managing key announcements, communicating with top tier media and trade (B2C and B2B)
- Manage media inquiries and proactive placement of stories
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications or similar field
- Well-versed in media, pop culture and entertainment industry trends
- 8+ years of experience in public relations; media industry background preferred
- Strong communication/diplomacy skills
- Strong organizational skills managing priorities and workflows
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience in supervising, coordinating multiple projects with limited resources
- Ability to adapt to changing deadlines and schedules
- Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice and during pre-planned events
About El Rey Network
Launching December 15th, 2013, El Rey Network is a new 24-hour English-language television and digital network founded by legendary filmmaker Robert Rodriguez for everyone who loves fun, action-packed and irreverent entertainment. Birthed from a different perspective, El Rey Network will be the first cable and digital network launched by a creative visionary whose 20-year body of film work has garnered diehard fans around the world that celebrate his rebel take on entertainment. Now, for the first time on television, El Rey Network’s programming will reflect Robert Rodriguez’ unique personal style and taste, along with the contributions of his artistic collective of friends. Whether it’s his new original-signature-dramas or favorite action, horror, grindhouse, sci-fi, next-generation sports or music programming, the Network will be broadly entertaining and riveting for everyone who’s a renegade at heart.
El Rey Network has its creative headquarters in Austin and its business headquarters in NY, with satellite locations in LA and Miami. El Rey Network is an independently owned entity, with a strategic sales partnership with Univision Communications Inc. The English-language network will be launching widely on digital basic cable carriage with distribution partners like Comcast and other top MVPDs.
The Network is currently seeking skilled, dynamic and passionate executives for varied functions in its offices.