The candidate is responsible for producing visually compelling and insightful reports, research analysis, and recommendations for El Rey Network. The candidate will track key digital and social media metrics, identify crucial benchmarks to accurately monitor the performance of network campaigns and analyze the business impact of key marketing efforts.
In addition to analyzing social performance, the candidate will work closely with other research team members to help communicate findings through insightful and well-written presentations that will be delivered to executive staff and key stakeholders.
- Clear understanding of key digital and social measurement metrics and reporting techniques for television networks and show properties; strong understanding of traditional television research and measurement a plus
- Develop visually focused digital and social analytics reports and infographics that capture performance over a set period of time across multiple business units and platforms, using the latest software available. Reports should be highly data driven, but should be deconstructed and presented in a way to make it easily comprehendible through the use of well-designed presentations
- Track emerging technologies that can be used for improving existing tracking and reporting
- Identify and manipulate intricate raw data in Microsoft excel through the use of advanced functions (such as pivot tables, vlookups and goal seek)
- Provide technical expertise in data mining, measuring business performance and running research using advanced analytical and experimental approach related to broadcast television
- Ability to multi task between large databases and be able to analyze data from many different dimensions or angles, categorize it, and summarize the relationships identified
- Conduct a detailed and high level analysis to determine key demographics, best time and days to post to social media networks, what types of media work best (photo, video or text) and key sources driving growth and engagement across all El Rey digital platforms
- Lead ad-hoc projects, collaborate with internal teams to quickly get up to speed with new challenges and help drive the solution. The candidate will act as source of knowledge to multiple business units that seek to further understand the way digital, mobile and social platforms report their data and how better to improve overall performance
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years in media or entertainment research position (television network or film studio preferred)
- Strong curiosity and willingness to learn evolving strategies and trends in social media business models
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, PPT with experience building financial and market models to track and forecast key business/industry drivers
- Ability to create visually appealing reports and infographics
- Strong analytical, quantitative, organizational and time management skills
- Strong research skills (primary and secondary)
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, identify and resolve problems
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work seamlessly with cross-functional teams in a deadline driven environment
- Attention to detail and emphasis on strict quality control to ensure integrity of work
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate and communicate thoughts/ideas in a timely manner
About El Rey Network
Launching December 15th, 2013, El Rey Network is a new 24-hour English-language television and digital network founded by legendary filmmaker Robert Rodriguez for everyone who loves fun, action-packed and irreverent entertainment. Birthed from a different perspective, El Rey Network will be the first cable and digital network launched by a creative visionary whose 20-year body of film work has garnered diehard fans around the world that celebrate his rebel take on entertainment. Now, for the first time on television, El Rey Network’s programming will reflect Robert Rodriguez’ unique personal style and taste, along with the contributions of his artistic collective of friends. Whether it’s his new original-signature-dramas or favorite action, horror, grindhouse, sci-fi, next-generation sports or music programming, the Network will be broadly entertaining and riveting for everyone who’s a renegade at heart.
El Rey Network has its creative headquarters in Austin and its business headquarters in NY, with satellite locations in LA and Miami. El Rey Network is an independently owned entity, with a strategic sales partnership with Univision Communications Inc. The English-language network will be launching widely on digital basic cable carriage with distribution partners like Comcast and other top MVPDs.
The Network is currently seeking skilled, dynamic and passionate executives for varied functions in its offices.