Univita Health

Univita Health United States Employee Reviews

Univita
Claims examiner/ Call center representative (Current Employee), Miramar, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work at Unvita is quite busy. There is always work to be completed. I like to sort my day out from the beginning of my work day to be organzied. With this company i have learned alot about how to proivde excellent customer service and what it takes to be a good claim anaylst. The managment has changed alot since i started with the company so with that being said it has not really been stable. My co workers have always been good team players. The hardest part of the job is the fact that i have to attend to provider calls while processing claims at the same time. The most enjoyable part about my job is the fact that i am good at what i do and i really enjoy it. I am seeking another oppurtunity because we have recently relocated and the commute is now too far for me.
Loved working here and with the kids
Material Mgmt. Coordinator (Current Employee), Miramar, FLFebruary 24, 2015
I loved working with kids and learned how to have patience. I learned how to take professional pictures. Learned great customer service skills and how to count large amounts of money when closing down the store and learned how to use a register.
job with a good cause but extremely long hrs.
driver tech (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: weekly pay and benefits
Cons: long hrs.
Opportunity to help people in need, delivering medical supplies and instructing them on use of equipment. Learned to trouble shoot and repair some medical equipment. management always at each others throat, co workers were good employees generally although made to work extremely long hours. Hardest part of the job is putting in 13 to18 hr days every day.
great benefits
Bilingual DME Intake Coordinator (Current Employee), Miramar, FLJanuary 27, 2015
very nice place to work in. Schedule and felixibility to your needds.
Only spanish should apply
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Miramar, FLNovember 13, 2014
Pros: steady job
Cons: overly worked and then disposed of!
Predominately Hispanic Employers. favoritism towards Spanish. poor management, poor company structure, poor equipment
Team orientated staffing process for Home Health Services
Staffing Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: team is being moved to state of florida
A typical day of work is to Staff Humana Members for Home Care Services in 6 states. Daily staffing of services is 20-25 new cases per day.
Need to staff services based off of clinical review of physician’s orders.
The management style is very Team Based and all are here to focus on the member who needs to have services provided for them.
My co-workers are very fun to work with we all support each other with our daily tasks.
The hardest part of the job is finding the best possible Home Care Service Provider in the rural parts of Tennessee.
The best part of my day is sharing any new information on any new/enhanced services to our members
Productive team environment
Clinical Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNSeptember 25, 2014
Processed home heath referrals from health care providers and discharging facilities. Placed members with the appropriate home health services and home health agency. Collaborated with non-clinical and clinical parties to assure home care referrals processed in timely manner, and member's needs are met.

Work flow is fast-paced to meet turn around times, and requires sitting for a long period of time. Nevertheless, the hard work and effort put to place members with the right home health agency is rewarding, knowing members will be serviced timely with the appropriate home health services upon discharge from their facility.
Productive and Pleasant Work Place
Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee), Miramar FlSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: life insurance
Co- Workers and Management in general are excellent.
Communication among employees s wonderfull
The environment, workplace in general is extremetely clean and organized.
In general, I just have the best experience and great admiration.
poor people person
N/a (Current Employee), MiramarSeptember 16, 2014
Getting treated by our director. Also let a good person walk away (Dispatch Manager )because that person was going through a difficult time in their life. Also to bring a brother of her boyfriend to work at Univita as Operation Manager. We lost a great manager that treating all of the driver with respect and was fair with all o his staff. Wow that person gets away with treating staff bad and talking down to them. also that manager came back and apologize and to ask for his job back they said no to him that was HER chance to bring in the brother of her boyfriend that just not right.
Univita Health
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: fun co-workers
Cons: nobody likes to take responsibility for their job
Great place to work some days are a headache but for the most part a laid back enviroment
Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Miramar, FLSeptember 2, 2014
While some things are good unfortunately the overall structure of the company is horrendous with everyone having to almost fend for themselves to gather information to give to callers.
This place will run you to the ground!
Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 8, 2014
Pros: working from home, relaxed office environment
Cons: too many to name! read the review.
There is no room for growth. The managment team does not care about employee development nor do they care about process improvment. Every new system that has been implimented has caused more work in terms of delaying claim payments because of a new system that was just loaded recently. You are expected to work additional hours so the company wont get penalized for late claim payments. However, managment always change or update the current process so it makes it harder for you to learn what you are suppose to do and not do. They always ask for suggestions but fail to put any ideas into place and if they do it takes months if not years before the new process is even added. The systems crashes ALL THE TIME. When I say crash I mean it can take 5-45 minutes before the Help Desk team can figure out why you are having a system issue or someone accidentally deleted a special code which deletes letters in our database which is something we uses daily. Our work is manually distributed daily via email. There is not a database we can log into that will automatically autopopulate or cases in real time. Our company was acquired by another company recently and our VP was so happy about this transition. There is nothing good about the new acqusition. Our benefits, for the most part, is the same. There are no new opportunites within the company. The pay is the same, we still have outdated systems, inefficient workarounds, and a mangament team who STILL don't give a darn about their employees.
People here are stressed, on medications for anxiety, gained weight just for comfort. It's just not a good place. Working from home is always a nice benefit but the downside of this place outweighs that benefit.
This place IS HORRIBLE
PHARMACY INTAKE (Former Employee), MIRAMAR,FLJuly 10, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I find it very unprofessional that there are nothing but people walking around all day speaking in Spanish when that is NOT everyone's first language. I worked in a temp agency and was placed there as per contract for 4 months and then I would be hired thru Univita. While i was there i saw nothing but favoritism. They supervisor walks around with clothes that do not fit (like a busted can of biscuits) and does nothing but have "meetings" all day to cover nothing. Every 5 min they change they're mind about how a patient is to be handled. If you've been there a while and find yourself being friends with a manager or supervisor you can get away with anything! I've seen this old hag take 50 smoke breaks in a day and process nothing but reject orders all day. (wish my job was as lacked) I didn't have a phone or computer to work with my 1st week alone on the floor. I was left be myself in an area outside of the pharmacy. The pharmacy itself is split which in all my years as a tech have never seen. Some tech only know how to process certain orders. I worked there for a month and was offered a better position with another company and i gave my 2 weeks notice (the professional way) the entire time from then on when i advised them i was leaving was a complete nightmare and if i didn't need the money at that time i would have walked out and stood home. I wanted to leave as smoothly as possible and i thank god that i was given patience that week because they tried very hard to UPSET ME. My last day there i was told my 7 little hours for over time wouldn't be approved because no one told – more... me to stay late. So if you're the type of person such as myself to make sure all work is done before you leave work even if it means you have to stay a little late at work then this prob isn't the place for you. I was denied my overtime until i told HR dept i would go to the dept of labor to let them know i wasn't being paid for my overtime. Yet that week i was doing over time and any other time i stood pass 6:00 IO never saw a manager pr supervisor that i could let know work still needed to be done. Why you ask because they left, no where to be found which im sure when the supervisor was discussing why she didn't approve my hours was left out. They pick and chose how they treat people which i think is disgusting i rather clean toilet bowls for a public transit than work at Unvita every again!!!!! THIS PLACE IS THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – less
Friendly work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNJune 4, 2014
Pros: rewards for quality results
Cons: limited supervisor attention
Receiving inbound calls in regards to long term care insurance benefits and billing.
Very compassionate towards clients
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNMay 5, 2014
Pros: they are very caring of the elderly and disabled, and provide great services.
Cons: the pay is not comparable and position is temporary
Univita has over 100 companies they provide long term care for and I assist all of the companies with their choosing of plans, qualificaitons, different options, online options, quotes and paying their monthy, quarter or yearly premiums.
Productive, friendly work place, challenging however rewarding.
Customer Service/ Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Miramar, FLApril 18, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunches, long hours however rewarding.
Cons: very long hours
It was team player work place with room for growth and my personal supervisor was excellent, did not micro manage however assisted you if needed it and allowed you to excel in your position. The hardest part of my job was the long meetings i had to attend to with the different health plans towards the end of my career in the company. The most enjoyable part was to be able to help so many people with their health care needs.
Independent working from home
Transition Care Coach (Former Employee), Dallas- Fort WorthFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: working in a home office
Cons: driving 100 miles a day
Learned about the medicare advantage program. Enjoyed working with retired people and enjoyed helping with community resources
Very difficult place to work, and lacking good leadership
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: cannot think of any
Cons: no strong leadership, high turnover, micro management, very difficult managers to work with.
Hard cultural & environment to work in, not very friendly among team members.
Answering Calls
CUSTMER SERIVICE AGENT (Former Employee), Woodbury, MNJanuary 22, 2014
I took calls for multiple long term care insurance agencies. I learned how to multitask and be patent.
Busy Call center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Carmel, INJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: management has their favorites
A typical day is being back to back with phone calls and many others reps are not friendly.

1 2 3