Univita Employee Reviews in United States

learned alot about durable medical equipment-
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miramar FlAugust 19, 2015
High volume call center - Assisting Patients with refill for there oxygen or sending drivers out to pick up equipment that needs to be repaired- Transfer calls to Pharmacy or Home Health-
Pros
enjoyed co- workers
Cons
was laid off with no notice
temporary position
medical records (Former Employee) –  miami floridaAugust 4, 2015
you don't close a company and never tell them that you are going bankrupt that gives the employee and clients no time to prepare for the worst
Pros
good environment
Cons
temporary
Power wheelchair technician
POWER WHEELCHAIR TECH (Former Employee) –  MIRAMAR FLORIDAAugust 3, 2015
It was a great place to work in. I had a nice position doing maintenance on power chairs and wheelchairs . Stayed with the company for 4 months . The company closed last week
Pros
1 HOUR LUNCH TIME, 15 MIN BREAK
Cons
UNFORTUNATELY THE COMPANY CLOSED
Productive and pleasant workplace with zumba classes
UM CLINICAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  MIRAMAR , FLAugust 2, 2015
The hardest part of my job was sitting all day, however univita did introduce zumba classes. My co workers wee fantastic, helpful, and supportive as was my manager.
Ideal Job
Home Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2015
Ideal job because you were in the field all day tending to patients who were for the most part friendly and happy to see you.
Pros
Being able to see the sun everyday as opposed to being in a office or warehouse.
Cons
The company went bankrupt and gave us no notice of its closing.
Great People not so great management
DME intake coordinator /Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 29, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. Worked well as a team at non management level. Learned much compassion and humility as most of the customers were state dependent for there healthcare. Sorry the CEO made poor operating decisions and the company was forced to close. Enjoyed the proximity to home and great coworkers.
Pros
Compassionate coworkers
Cons
Poor Management
Company closing
Quality Assurance Analyst, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 28, 2015
The company closed due to unsustainable AR. Providing free services, brought down the company as a whole. It was a fun place to work, and I gained a lot of experience and am thankful for the opportunity to learn and grow.
Univita
Material Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 27, 2015
Univita is a company is dire need of restructuring since the merger with All-Med Services and Florida Home Medical there has been a series of unfortunate events leading up to the ultimate disaster. We had unsteady management and lack of projection for the future. The lack of proper training and organization led up to my decision.
Pros
Health Care, Paid Time Off, 401K
Cons
Poor Pay, Lack of Organization. Lack of Training
patient care
Postng Clerk Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Miramar FlJuly 27, 2015
Working at Univita for the past 5 years has taught me compassion towards patients. I has been the biggest impact in my life.
Very flexible work hours. I am responsible for my work schedule.
Independent RN Contractor (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJuly 21, 2015
Very Flexible work hours. Part-time work to full time work-depending on my availability. Contact with people in all walks of life. Various setting for conducting assessments- homes, assisted living, nursing homes. Well informed for company updates. Referral bonus.
Pros
flexibility of hours
Fun Job!!!
Contract RN (Former Employee) –  Minn.June 13, 2015
Fun job to do. Lots of driving to go see clients. The clients for long-term care insurance are wonderful. The management was not so understanding and friendly.
Productive workplace
Quality Assurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 14, 2015
Univita is a great place to work, They maintain meeting goals in a timely manner. Hardest part of the job is finishing all the work at the end of your shift due to them being short staffed.
Dont Work Here!
Staffing Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 4, 2015
Don't work here! Compensation is poor and benefits are high priced. Knowledge attained can be good but no training or development so you're better off reading a book.
Cons
Great company to work for. Pleasant and supportive staff.
Independent Contractor/Nurse practitioner (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 1, 2015
I really enjoy working for Univita. Everyone, from the scheduling staff to the finance department, is very helpful and always pleasant. The pay is great and I am able to pick the territories I wish to work in and when I want to work. The only downside is that this is strictly a per diem position because there are long periods when there is limited to no work available.
Pros
choose your own schedule
Cons
inconsistent work availability
Ok place
Medical Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 12, 2015
I liked the fact that I was able to learn about different Medical Utilities, however, to be a medical company, the process on ordering a delivering much needed health items to customers was very unorganized. Management played the favoratism game, although, the co workers were very nice and professional.
Pleasant atmosphere with underlying stress levels.
RN Ongoing Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 9, 2014
Friendly staff and management. Staff is very aware of their job requirements and what is expected from them. Management is always willing to stop what they are doing if you feel you need to speak with them, The hardest part of the job is that our work is based on our productivity. If, for some reason, you have a day that does not allow you to make your productivity level, it raises the stress level, as you are expected to make an even larger amount of claim adjudications the next day. We have "dress down days" as well as holilday celebrations. We work together to raise money for our chosen organization, the Alzheimers Foundation. I have learned how senior citizens are to be treated if they suffer from severe cognitive impairments. That was something I did not learn during the years I spent in the critical care departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is to have a policyholder or a family member tell you that what you did for them at one of the most stressful times in their lives made a difference. I am currently heading up an Ongoing Care Management Program. This allows me to evaluate the Insured's medical history, current medical conditions and their current medications. After the review of this information, I call the Insured and/or their POAs.. After all of this, I make a professional judgement if the Insured has a potential for recovery or not. It requires a health care professional with experience to make adequate and appropriate decisions.
Pros
plenty of vacation, floating days, a volunteer day and holidays. best pro, working at home 3 days per week.
Cons
you never feel that you are "caught up" or "finished" on any given day. stress is high.
LTC assessment RN
Assessment RN (Former Employee) –  NC/SCNovember 16, 2014
perform assessments for LTC insurance, this was contract work and did not offer FT employment
Pros
flexible
Cons
not full time
Univita helps you grow within the company.
Intake and Enteral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FlJuly 20, 2014
I enjoy working with the people who surround me. Everyone is professional and quick to show a helping hand
A wonderful company
CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Miramar , Fl.July 7, 2014
Handle all recruiting for the organization. As well as all HR functions. I am a temporary contractor and my contract is going to be over within a few weeks.
A day at work with Univita
Policy Owner Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 2, 2014
We are overworked, under paid, never get our opinions accounted for even when asked.