Univita Employee Reviews

care for the elderly
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 2, 2017
part time position to provide care for mostly elderly patients either living in nursing homes or private residents. Nice to be able to visit patients who otherwise would not visit a doctor.
Pros
provide care for elderly
Cons
remote locations to visit
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 5, 2017
Working with this company gave me the opportunity to learn different aspect of the health care industry. I was equip with more tools to progress in any other company.
No training
Long Term Care Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 5, 2017
There is a lack of training. High workload with unreasonable expectations. There is a lack of qualified managers. Atmosphere is tense and it seems that no one is enjoying their job.
Great Soft ware system
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Average compensation, friendly co-workers, set schedule and overtime was always an option. the hardest part of the job was trying to schedule visits for patients on rare areas.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
closed
Univita was very unorginized. They are no longer in business.
DME Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 14, 2016
The employee's were veey nice, however the leadership was not the best. The company is no longer in business. Management advised one random day that they were no longer doing business.
Univita
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 9, 2016
Working at Univita was a great learning experience, and it helped me learn great customer service skills. Unfortunately, I had to leave my position because I was beginning the MDC dental hygiene program.
Team work Management difficult
License Practical Nurse- Case Manager/Utilization (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLFebruary 9, 2016
The most enjoyable part was able to help the patients get the help they needed. Management was very difficult to work with not reasonable when it came to family and time off
Pros
team work
Cons
Mangement was difficult to work with on several occassions
learned alot about durable medical equipment-
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miramar FlAugust 19, 2015
High volume call center - Assisting Patients with refill for there oxygen or sending drivers out to pick up equipment that needs to be repaired- Transfer calls to Pharmacy or Home Health-
Pros
enjoyed co- workers
Cons
was laid off with no notice
temporary position
medical records (Former Employee) –  miami floridaAugust 4, 2015
you don't close a company and never tell them that you are going bankrupt that gives the employee and clients no time to prepare for the worst
Pros
good environment
Cons
temporary
Power wheelchair technician
POWER WHEELCHAIR TECH (Former Employee) –  MIRAMAR FLORIDAAugust 3, 2015
It was a great place to work in. I had a nice position doing maintenance on power chairs and wheelchairs . Stayed with the company for 4 months . The company closed last week
Pros
1 Hour lunch time, 15 Min break
Cons
Unfortunately the company closed
Productive and pleasant workplace with zumba classes
UM CLINICAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  MIRAMAR , FLAugust 2, 2015
The hardest part of my job was sitting all day, however univita did introduce zumba classes. My co workers wee fantastic, helpful, and supportive as was my manager.
Ideal Job
Home Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2015
Ideal job because you were in the field all day tending to patients who were for the most part friendly and happy to see you.
Pros
Being able to see the sun everyday as opposed to being in a office or warehouse.
Cons
The company went bankrupt and gave us no notice of its closing.
Great People not so great management
DME intake coordinator /Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 29, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. Worked well as a team at non management level. Learned much compassion and humility as most of the customers were state dependent for there healthcare. Sorry the CEO made poor operating decisions and the company was forced to close. Enjoyed the proximity to home and great coworkers.
Pros
Compassionate coworkers
Cons
Poor Management
Company closing
Quality Assurance Analyst, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 28, 2015
The company closed due to unsustainable AR. Providing free services, brought down the company as a whole. It was a fun place to work, and I gained a lot of experience and am thankful for the opportunity to learn and grow.
Univita
Material Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 27, 2015
Univita is a company is dire need of restructuring since the merger with All-Med Services and Florida Home Medical there has been a series of unfortunate events leading up to the ultimate disaster. We had unsteady management and lack of projection for the future. The lack of proper training and organization led up to my decision.
Pros
Health Care, Paid Time Off, 401K
Cons
Poor Pay, Lack of Organization. Lack of Training
patient care
Postng Clerk Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Miramar FlJuly 27, 2015
Working at Univita for the past 5 years has taught me compassion towards patients. I has been the biggest impact in my life.
Very flexible work hours. I am responsible for my work schedule.
Independent RN Contractor (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJuly 21, 2015
Very Flexible work hours. Part-time work to full time work-depending on my availability. Contact with people in all walks of life. Various setting for conducting assessments- homes, assisted living, nursing homes. Well informed for company updates. Referral bonus.
Pros
flexibility of hours
Fun Job!!!
Contract RN (Former Employee) –  Minn.June 13, 2015
Fun job to do. Lots of driving to go see clients. The clients for long-term care insurance are wonderful. The management was not so understanding and friendly.
Productive workplace
Quality Assurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 14, 2015
Univita is a great place to work, They maintain meeting goals in a timely manner. Hardest part of the job is finishing all the work at the end of your shift due to them being short staffed.
Dont Work Here!
Staffing Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 4, 2015
Don't work here! Compensation is poor and benefits are high priced. Knowledge attained can be good but no training or development so you're better off reading a book.