Unloader Employee Reviews in United States

Fun workplace
Cashier/Carhop (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2016
I like everyone there, my co-workers were pretty laid back . The management were good, I never had any problems with them. I only left because I wanted more money
Annoying upper management with poor communication.
Supervisor, IT Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2016
A company that doesn't have everything sorted yet but will give work to those who seek it. A typical day can range anywhere from a 3 hour low pay shift all the way to a 15+ hour shifting pulling in multiple hundred for pay. The workers in the company are kind enough to your face but many of them will attack your job for minor things even with the only motive being envy. Overall if you need a job apply but I urge avoiding it if possible.
Pros
Commission Pay Quickly
Cons
unsteady hours, no promised 40 hrs, management doesn't communicate well
Guaranteed hours, paid benefits, lazy management that sets outrageous goals for the day.
Receiving Checker (Current Employee) –  UtahJuly 11, 2016
Okay place to work. GM and management need to be renovated. Employees don't care and don't try to help take care of the equipment and facilities such as restrooms, microwaves, and lifts. Management doesn't hold anyone responsible for anything that is damaged. No one takes responsibility for anything and it is always overlooked by management and other employees. Could be a much better place to work!
Pros
Paid benefits, cookouts
Cons
Management, GM, Corp. Office.Never know when we're getting off with a random threat of working weekends.
Preferred position description
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INJuly 5, 2016
A workplace that would be enjoyable, conducive to professional development and promotes challenging skills, but does not limit one's advancement.
Pros
Enriching work experience, learning new skills, excellent training.
Cons
Closeminded work environment, lack of proper training.
N/a
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 28, 2016
UPS is a fun hard working place to be employed. Great thing about them is they make sure your in shape and keep you hydrated. The work keeps coming and makes your day go bye fast
The job can be stressful at times, but as long you have good workers there, you will be alright
Unloader/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 21, 2016
Unloading trucks and stocking products can be a challenge, but as long you do your job, it can be profitable and challenging at times.
good place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJune 20, 2016
set-up, receive trucks, unload in a timely manner, disperse freight to proper depts., stock freight in depts., clean-up receiving.
Pros
music while working, breakroom
Cons
lack of communication between shifts, turn-over
Set in screens and run shirts.
Operator, Perrin Sportswear (Current Employee) –  Comstock Park, MIJune 14, 2016
Set up screens/micro adjust them and then add ink to them. After that is done I can start to run a scrap through it to see if the image is set in and if it isn't I have to micro adjust it until it is. When the image looks good I can then run 1 shirt for an approval and once I get the approval I am good to start running the entire order. Once that is done I repeat the process on the next order and then the next.
Pros
Great co-workers and they show you that the really appreciate you.
Cons
Not enough pay for the amount of work/overtime we do.
I enjoyed working at ups
UPS (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 10, 2016
you unload boxes off the truck. The hardest part was getting all the boxes off the truck in a timely manner. The boxes would get heavy at times.
Pros
You get overtime after 40 hours
Cons
The boxes
Job was easy
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 2, 2016
Work started at 6 pm, we would unload truck and place items on a palate, management was okay at the time, got along well with co-workers, the job was not hard.
Fun place to work
warehouse assosciate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2016
great job and employment opportunity fun fast enviorment with a lot room to expand and grow love the dynamics of kitchen production and recipes
Humbling
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 24, 2016
I would normally start my day at 4am. I enjoyed working for McDonald's. I learned a lot. Managment and my co workers were awesome. The hardest thing to deal with was cleaning the kids play area. The most enjoyable thing about the job was meeting new people.
Great chemistry with all employees
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2016
as a unloader a typical day would be just placing packages onto the belt as it gets sorted to load side.
i've learned to get the job done asap
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Cases
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYMay 14, 2016
A typical day as an unloader starts at 4am. You would get a brief of how many cases were coming into the warehouse and what you were expected to move that day. I would use fork trucks, small tools, and hands to move freight in and around warehouse to appropriate spots. Would be given two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. Worked close with management to make sure flow of freight was fast and smooth while maintaining safety.
chaotic and unorganized
STOCKER, WALMART (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAMay 1, 2016
Whenever I clocked in none of the equipment that we needed to start was in the right place/ or there was no access. Lost multiple co-workers and management refused to hire to help us unload their products.
Pros
occasionally free food
Cons
ludicrous schedules
positive worker
Trader Joes (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLApril 25, 2016
I really go each day enjoying my work schedule ahead of me I don't like to bring non-work relayed issue to work its not health
i realy enjoyed the fast paced work and the differant challanges that came with job,
unlaoder (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 25, 2016
I would have to say I finally found what I enjoy doing by working for this company the fast paced work and different challenges keeped me busy I love working with as team and achieaving our goals.
Pros
i found what i enjoy doing
Cons
no job stibilty
low pay for high work demand
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXMarch 3, 2016
worked 3 hours a day basically at 4 in the morning for low pay.
Far of a drive to just work that many hours for low pay. breaks were about 10 mins, and its usually just one break during the day. lifting and lowering boxes by hand is highly physically demanding.
Pros
breaks
Cons
hours, low wages, and schedules
flagger force
Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 16, 2016
I had a work truck to work in a safe place on the roads for the crews and our self with cone signs I had to make sure my pattner got paid every week I was a crew leader that had to have to know the meet ups with the pole road crews
Pros
great coworks and wonderful crews
Cons
to far away from home
Ups
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 18, 2015
Worked in the warehouse unloading heavy packages.We has to get all the packages out in a timely mannor. The team work there was very good.