Unloader Employee Reviews

Very productive
Unloader/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 28, 2017
Fast paced work environment with plenty of opportunities to advance. Competitive pay with full benefits starting out. A great way to stay in shape while getting paid.
Great people but a lack of management.
Unloader (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 21, 2017
Everyone is friendly but their is a lack of management. The warehouse manager seemed overworked and busy. training and walk through are practically non existent.
Productive, fast paced
STOCKER (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAApril 18, 2017
unload merchandise, how to work in team work, high expectations, fast paced, awesome atmosphere, hard part is learning the department numbers, most enjoyable part is learning and growing with the coworkers.
Unloader for UPS
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2017
I spent my day unloading and loading packages onto trucks to leave for delivery. I scanned and organized each package and then loaded them on the truck in the correct order for the drivers to easily deliver.

I enjoyed working for the company because the management gave us the tasks and entrusted us to complete them on our own accord.

The hardest part of the job was making sure the trucks were organized correctly. If we did not do this correctly then it would make the job harder for the drivers which would slow them down and throw off the schedule.

I am very hardworking and detail oriented when it comes to jobs and tasks like this so the job was enjoyable for me because I enjoy having the responsibility of making sure each item was properly placed and each task completed well.
Pros
Great managment, great work enviroment
Cons
stress from detailed tasks
Unload trucks
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 4, 2017
Unloaded Trucks. It is hard work that is physically demanding. Little mental stress. It is a job that required little to no thought. It is very repetitive.
Okay work place walmarr
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAMarch 30, 2017
Not enough hours low pay. Horrible managment. Not a good place to make money if you have a family. No place to grow if your just a unloader. Walmart overall wouldnt work there again
A typical day
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Paw Paw, MIMarch 23, 2017
I would arrive to work half an hour to and hour early, clock-in, begin unloading boxes from the line and placing them on their designated pallets for their designated departments, afterwards pallets were down-stacked and groceries were placed on carts and then taken to the sales to be stocked.
Terrilbe
STOCKER (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 18, 2017
On a typical day I get yelled at for things outside my power to control. Teamwork is a must but half the team will hate each other. Management will constantly babysit you and try to control what you do throughout the day, even if it doesn't make sense. Working as an Unloader at Wal-Mart is hands down the worst job I have ever had.
great time
BREAKDOWN CREW FRESHKO (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 15, 2017
When I worked there I enjoyed the people more than anything, the people there were really nice and cool to be around with. at points it was the only reason that I didn't mind going to work at times
Pros
great staff
good place
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  toledo ohioMarch 12, 2017
we would just load and unload trucks by hand or forklift. move it from one truck to another, where ever the paper work would say to take it. close out the paper work and keep going on about the day
It's not terrible
Unloder/processor (Current Employee) –  Raymond, NHMarch 6, 2017
For anyone familiar with warehouse work, it isn't anyone different from any where else. What sets it apart from other warehouses is HIGH production standards and decent compensation. The 3-4 day work schedule is really nice. However, expect extremely slow winters. I'm talking like less than half days, and sometimes no work at all for entire weeks for a period of 1-3 months. You can save for that in the summer when there's overtime available but you'll really screw yourself if you don't.
Pros
Good pay, great people, great work/life balance
Cons
TERRIBLE slow periods, very high production standards
Unload trucks
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJanuary 26, 2017
I unload trailers. I repair damaged packages. I use equipment. I like the people that I work with. The hours are good. Hardest part of the job is the bulk (over 70 lbs) packages.
Pros
good people
Cons
short break
Productive and professional workplace.
Machine Cleaner (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 24, 2017
The job I had kept me busy, which made the days go by easier. I learned alot of new things, and had fun learning them. The people are very nice. Very well managed workplace.
Pros
good amount of break time
Cons
n/a
Very fast paced environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJanuary 24, 2017
unloaded trucks and put away stock in the warehouse . management was to notch treated the people very well .The hardest thing about the job was moving heavy pieces of furniture . i enjoyed working with my coworkers .
Pros
great workout
Cons
the pay and no benefits
its ok
UPS warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 15, 2017
Unload boxes off the trucks and move in a fast past to complete the job. Safely place boxes on the extendo while it move to the next step. safely use ups materials
Loved it, but
Currently volunteering (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 1, 2017
I loved working for UPS it was a great paying job. Not much to say about this job besides management could be worked on. The reason I say but about this job was, because of management. One of the assistant managers hated me and had it out for me. Everyday I would walk in and she would be right there to critize me and everything I did. Eventually she drove me so far as to arguing with her and a mutual leave.
Picker (Former Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 8, 2016
It was a great place to work. There were many benefits and the pay is fantastic. However if you're not good at making friends you can dislike it there pretty quickly as with the position, you are by yourself about 7/8ths of the time and there is no music, and you can't bring your own so it's constant machinery and alarms the entire time you're there.
Pros
Great pay, many opportunities to move up, many benefits
Cons
Long hours, lots of standing, (night shift) sleep all day work all night rinse and repeat until you get your days off.
Productive and fun work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 7, 2016
I learned how to unload trucks and toss boxes on the conveyor belt. I also learned how to mark items and pack them back into the box. I really enjoyed the work I did.
Pros
I loved my job
Cons
I learned alot and appreciate the experience
Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 4, 2016
Nice jobs to begin work experience and costumer service experience you get to meet some good people ,you get to put smiles on people faces and make a difference in costumer service.
Pros
Meet new people and earn money
Cons
Some people show favouritism when in management positions
its a pretty good place to work
Gavilon Grain (Former Employee) –  Whitesville, INNovember 27, 2016
mowing or spreading gravel
how to run the skid loader
management was prety laid back
using a shovel to move garvel
having lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unloader. Our community is ready to answer.